Castle (by Pille)

Pille

Weee. Another. Castle. Hooorayy. I'm basically oozing excitement and hype from every bodily orifice.

But in all seriousness, this looks really neat and well done so far and I'll only question the authenticity of that group of leather chairs :]

..I'll also inquire about what game it's from and whether I should bother playing said game. (...which I very likely haven't as I doubt you'd do a bad job at replicating that castle to a degree I could recognize it.)

Weee. Another. Castle. Hooorayy. I'm basically oozing excitement and hype from every bodily orifice.

Lol, and I thought you couldn't go wrong building a castle.^^ Its concept is going to be quite unique and I've totally not stolen the idea from Tom's castle (just inspired ;) ).

Ohh and these leather chairs are used to copy their diagonal rotations. Very useful trick during the building process:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?83360-Copy-Block-Rotation-Exploit

..I'll also inquire about what game it's from and whether I should bother playing said game. (...which I very likely haven't as I doubt you'd do a bad job at replicating that castle to a degree I could recognize it.)

Maybe...it's a rather inaccurate replica of the De'Arnise Keep from Baldur's Gate II:

I4sQsT1.jpg

Y5oOVVj.jpg

My sense of proportion is probably not too good and the textures are quite different to those of the original castle. Perhaps I am going to correct these bad proportions unless my laziness prevails.

The "Oh another castle " remark was obviously not meant to be offending, sorry if it was to you. I'm just tired of castles. Eeeevery player at some point seems to go down that route. And while some of the builds are absolutely awesome, stunning, epic w/e, I just don't like 'em in this game's setting and supposed time period. I like this game because it's aesthetics and tech are closer to something like Fallout or Metro and not something like (insert generic LOTR universe-ripoff games). By all means put this stuff in the Medieval mod though. :)

Nice trick with the couches, but for which blocks is it actually useful? As in not getting just weird graphical glitches (*Experimentation mode engaged*) :D

Baldur's Gate, eh. Actually tried getting into exactly that recently, since it's supposed to be a great rpg. But it looks like I have to get a degree at DnD university first, before I can play it:/

Oh and almost forgot: I think you got really close to the original there actually. Good job.

Can I haz? Like, if the walls and floors are in, now? Medieval mod has custom blocks I could fill it with... =)

You can but walls and floors are not ready yet. Probably by the end of this weekend.

The "Oh another castle " remark was obviously not meant to be offending, sorry if it was to you. I'm just tired of castles. Eeeevery player at some point seems to go down that route. And while some of the builds are absolutely awesome, stunning, epic w/e, I just don't like 'em in this game's setting and supposed time period. I like this game because it's aesthetics and tech are closer to something like Fallout or Metro and not something like (insert generic LOTR universe-ripoff games). By all means put this stuff in the Medieval mod though. :)

Arghh *cough hater cough* ;) I somewhat share your opinion btw. but it doesn't make sense to me to build vanilla style prefabs atm. because A17 is close...

Nice trick with the couches, but for which blocks is it actually useful? As in not getting just weird graphical glitches (*Experimentation mode engaged*) :D

Actually there are just a few situations where the trick is useful .^^ Sometimes I need diagonally rotated doors or desks. Some of the sculptures in the Art Gallery also use it.

Baldur's Gate, eh. Actually tried getting into exactly that recently, since it's supposed to be a great rpg. But it looks like I have to get a degree at DnD university first, before I can play it:/

Oh and almost forgot: I think you got really close to the original there actually. Good job.

Yeah it's easier if you learn DnD from an early age but it's never too late.^^

@Guppy

Congrats on your successful release, I was already aware of your mod btw. ;) Haven't tested it by myself yet. I've watched a lot of stream though... Looks really unique and ambitious. Not sure what your plans are but if you're still looking for some prefab builders I'd be interested in creating some medieval POIs (Probably not before the release of A17).

I've added a reasonable layout to the first floor. It's similar to that of the original castle. However, it wasn't feasible to copy the original layout due to lack of space. I couldn't hold myself back and had to decorate some rooms.^^ I hope you don't mind Guppy if I document the building progress here?

2nd building session (dining hall, smallest room and guardroom):

ddqKnu2.jpg

v89zSxV.jpg

YbEDZrv.jpg

Mods are considered to be evil by Pille, you know? But as I said, my mind may change when A17 drops (depending on your vision/long term plans for your mod. :p). I really hope that your mod is a long term project.^^

I've failed to finish the castle on the weekend. The good news is that the layout should be done within 2 or 3 days. Not sure if it's good enough though.

3rd building session (fine tuning of the exterior and chapel):

tlGA81h.jpg

6dIMgic.jpg

It's really hard to build a decent cross btw. Looks a bit too massive imo.^^

Maybe...it's a rather inaccurate replica of the De'Arnise Keep from Baldur's Gate II

A geometrically - sufficient similarity. It's beautiful.

PS: someone was messing around and threw the leather chairs from the wall.

A geometrically - sufficient similarity. It's beautiful.

PS: someone was messing around and threw the leather chairs from the wall.

Lol, thanks.

I need your opinion on this wall textures. Which one looks better (A) or (B)?

(A)

hKiTwsg.jpg

(B)

87WcvNy.jpg

Archived