Castle (by Pille)

Pille

3rd building session (fine tuning of the exterior and chapel):

tlGA81h.jpg

6dIMgic.jpg

It's really hard to build a decent cross btw. Looks a bit too massive imo.^^

I LOVE old buildings and churches and that cross is just beautiful! Great job! :) It doesn't look too massive at all, and I never would have thought of using arrow slits like that! You learn something new every day! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I should and will try to convert it. I had to interrupt my first attempt to transfer the castle because it looked super ugly in a17 thanks to the bad texture scaling (textures produce conspicuous repeating patterns if you place more than two identically textured blocks side by side). Furthermore, my game looks washed out for some reason.^^ Anyway, I'll do my best...

None, they're both the same castle with different textures applied to it. I like both textures? if you get this castle into A17 as prefab you or I can paint it with flagstone and cobblestone plus any other castle type stone textures in the paint pallet.

I see you have arrow slots in the stones (merlons) on the battlements do you have any murder holes located in the gatehouse and the iron bars (matriculation) to shoot down at the zombies from the battlements.

None, they're both the same castle with different textures applied to it. I like both textures? if you get this castle into A17 as prefab you or I can paint it with flagstone and cobblestone plus any other castle type stone textures in the paint pallet.

I see you have arrow slots in the stones (merlons) on the battlements do you have any murder holes located in the gatehouse and the iron bars (matriculation) to shoot down at the zombies from the battlements.

FYI - The castle was work in progress (WIP) when I stopped working on it in A16. There are no murder holes yet. The interior is not even completely finished, so curb your expectations. ;) The good news is that re-textured WIP version of the prefab (compatible with A17) is almost ready for release (probably tomorrow). Instead of choosing between one of the variants, I am going to make two slightly different versions of the castle.

Ofc once released, you may finish it by yourself. Or just wait until I am done with the interior and the other missing details (shouldn't take too long. Probably just a few days...). If you plan to release a modified version of the castle, please give me credit.

• 1 year later...

Yay!!!!!! It time to make the 7 Days to Die: Bannerlord overhaul! Lol...

Lol, I can't affort Bannerlord. Stop mentioning it!

The castle has been updated. It's still highly work in progress though.

Nitrogen:

castle1_v2_wip,none,2,-3,101,42,82,alone

DbTMpPw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 1:07 AM, NLBlackEagle said:

Ahh, Ohhh... Baldurs Gate I see... Now does this mean we get to enjoy all the different levels of this place too :D ??

Durlags-Tower.png.2c6e85405363d2694954bb3b6d988dd5.png

Maybe, maybe not. It's my favorite POI in Baldur's Gate and it would be easy to build since most rooms are underground. On the other side, the De'arnise keep is still unfinished since A16.^^ 

Maybe I'll give it a try, Durlag's Tower is my favorite as well and perhaps Dregora can do with a dungeon like Durlag's tower but then in a zombie themed setting. We could potentially make it a team effort in which I'll do the heavy lifting by making all the rooms and such and you can work some pille magic on it :)

Edit: if only we still had that adjust thing I would've totally used burned zombies for the dead knights at the entrance and made them game stage 3000 lol

On 5/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, NLBlackEagle said:

Maybe I'll give it a try, Durlag's Tower is my favorite as well and perhaps Dregora can do with a dungeon like Durlag's tower but then in a zombie themed setting. We could potentially make it a team effort in which I'll do the heavy lifting by making all the rooms and such and you can work some pille magic on it :)

Edit: if only we still had that adjust thing I would've totally used burned zombies for the dead knights at the entrance and made them game stage 3000 lol

Ah Team effort, you mean BlackEagle and good old Pille? I don't want to rule it out but probably you are way too fast for me or too impatient because I wouldn't have time to start such a project anytime soon, although it sounds super interesting.^^ BTW. those guys at the entrance were called battle horrors. Tried to take over this concept (strong enemies that keep away noobs) for some of my POIs.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:40 AM, Pille said:

Ah Team effort, you mean BlackEagle and good old Pille? I don't want to rule it out but probably you are way too fast for me or too impatient because I wouldn't have time to start such a project anytime soon, although it sounds super interesting.^^ BTW. those guys at the entrance were called battle horrors. Tried to take over this concept (strong enemies that keep away noobs) for some of my POIs.

Loved those flaming swords they had, I think they dropped it too. Became one of my favorite weapons in BG. I also tried to do the same with the Vault 81, bunch of gamestage 700 zombs at the entrance. Still have to experiment and see if we can get it back one or the other way

Archived