Colorizing boulders

Crater Creator

My goal is to make a variant of block 630, rockResource. In order to distinguish it from the original, I'd like to tint it, using the same property that colors cars.

<block id="1078" name="boulderIronS1"> <!-- biome decoration -->
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mboulder"/>
<!--property name="StabilitySupport" value="false" NOT SUPPORTED FOR MULTIBLOCKS! /-->
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>
<property name="BigDecorationRadius" value="2"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/rock_resourcePrefab"/>
<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="3,2,3"/>
<property name="ImposterDontBlock" value="true"/>
<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
<property name="PassThroughDamage" value="true"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="rockSmall" count="22" tool_category="harvestingTools"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="ironFragment" count="11" tool_category="harvestingTools"/>
<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="11" prob="1" />
<drop event="Destroy" name="ironFragment" count="5" prob="1" />
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="boulderIronS2"/>
[b][color="#FF8C00"]<property name="RandomTintColor1" value="255,0,0"/>[/color][/b]
<property name="Map.Color" value="120,120,120"/>
</block>

If I place a randomCarsHelper in creative mode, it shows up green. But when I place my new block, its color is unchanged. My best guess is param1 is needed, which for randomCarsHelper is set to "car03_white". I'm further guessing this specifies which texture file to tint, but I can't tell what the corresponding name is for rock_resourcePrefab. Anybody know?

0,0"/> in this section after the 255 change to preferred number since 0,0 is default i know that much. also map color value - should be changed as well i watched max fox do this on his live stream and it worked fine in fennic mod. hope this helps.

0,0"/> in this section after the 255 change to preferred number since 0,0 is default i know that much. also map color value - should be changed as well i watched max fox do this on his live stream and it worked fine in fennic mod. hope this helps.

Yes, it's just where it works and where it is not...what it depends on is unknown. Maybe what Gazz said, we should try...

I believe that those models would require an additional "layer" or "material" that can be tinted.

(this is all witchcraft to me)

Well, nuts. I hope not, because that sounds like only models that are specifically set up for tinting can be tinted. :( I found a thread that purports to color the workbench using the same property without specifying a param1, for instance.

"255,0,0" is the RGB triplet that specifies what color the tint is - in this case, maximum red, minimum green, and minimum blue, which should result in the strongest possible red tint. The tint on the vanilla randomCarHelper, for comparison, is "0,255,0" for fully green. I'll adjust the color once it works; "255,0,0" is just a stand in value to make sure the difference is noticeable in game.

Do you remember what kind of block max fox was changing?

it seems in "Fennec" mod - changed zombies. At the a "War of Walkers" - workbench, I changed - forges.

but i use:

<property name="TintColor" value="255,0,0"/>

not

<property name="RandomTintColor1" value="255,0,0"/>

I tried, without any success, changing the oilBarrel, treeMountainPineDry, mp-5 and pistol...

it seems in "Fennec" mod - changed zombies. At the a "War of Walkers" - workbench, I changed - forges.

but i use:

not

<property name="RandomTintColor1" value="255,0,0"/>

I tried, without any success, changing the oilBarrel, treeMountainPineDry, mp-5 and pistol...

I didn't know about the "TintColor" property, since it's not used in the vanilla blocks.xml, so thanks for that. I was hopeful, since the workbench and forge are also "ModelEntity". Unfortunately I got the same result when I tried it. I wonder if the UABE would reveal a material name I could use for param1.

I did experiments with a treeMountainPineDry, and nothing has changed.

I tried these lines:

<property name="TintMaterial0" value="255,0,0"/>

<property name="TintMaterial1" value="255,0,0"/>

<property name="TintMaterial2" value="255,0,0"/>

<property name="TintMaterial3" value="255,0,0"/>

<property name="Overlay0Tint" value="255,0,0" />

ps: I'll try to see the material names with UABE soon.

Archived