Fortnite/PUBG iike mod for 7DTD?

Lonestarcanuck

Yes I have been playing these games a little also and they are very fast passed and fun. And as I was playing them I was thinking to myself this would be so much better in 7D2D. So yes in A17 I will be making a Death-Match Style Mod similar to PUBG and Fortnite for 7D2D. It should be a blast

I'd say that it is possible.

Easy way (all structures are deleted each time you shrink):

1. Start the map for however long you want

2. Delete all region files

3. Change the <biome_spawn_rule name="radiated"> in rwgmixer.xml to a lower number.

4. Repeat

Harder way (keep all structures not in the shrinking rad zone):

2. Delete only the region files between current rad zone and where you want to shrink the rad zone.

3. Change the <biome_spawn_rule name="radiated"> in rwgmixer.xml to a lower number.

4. Repeat

Both ways players will keep what is on them...guns, ammo, supplies, etc. The Harder way they will be able to keep chests and buildings not in the shrinking rad zone. But, deleting the right regions would be time consuming, unless you can write some sort of script or something to do that for you.

I'd say that it is possible.

Easy way (all structures are deleted each time you shrink):

2. Delete all region files

4. Repeat

Harder way (keep all structures not in the shrinking rad zone):

2. Delete only the region files between current rad zone and where you want to shrink the rad zone.

4. Repeat

Both ways players will keep what is on them...guns, ammo, supplies, etc. The Harder way they will be able to keep chests and buildings not in the shrinking rad zone. But, deleting the right regions would be time consuming, unless you can write some sort of script or something to do that for you.

writing a script would not be that hard. it would have to use some trig math to calculate all the regions in a circular fashion.

Kind of battle royal

Does anyone know if you can collapse the radius of the radiation zone like in PUBG/Fortnite?

I see a game shrinks each day, maybe set to 100 days and as you get closer things change from PVE to PVP.

i have been working on makeing something like that if you want to check it out, it just a project atm but here is the ip

162.224.125.131:29900

feedback or ideas would be much apreceated :D

https://discord.gg/Ej2kP2

You can't change the rwgmixer once the world is created, it saves the mixer to the save game

- - - Updated - - -

The main issue with making it dynamically shrink while the game is running is the loading of chunks would be time consuming for the server.

It would be possible with an api or sdx mod, but not a trivial matter (load chunk observers, convert terrain to rad, change chunk area master for the new rad zones, etc)

You guys are way over thinking it.You don't need to remove the map, show a dome or anything complicated, you just need to make the player get hurt when they are in a part of the map that is no longer playable. Playing with some rwg code and buffs should be all you need but no need to try and work it out yet because you would be wasting your time it will all need redone in A17

You can't change the rwgmixer once the world is created, it saves the mixer to the save game...

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. You absolutely can change the rad zone after you have started a map. I've done it before, and I just double checked to be sure.

I set the map to generate 20,000 at the top of the file. I set the radiation from 18,000 to 20,000. You go out to 18k east for example, and there's the rad zone. Shut down the server, delete the region(s) if you want, and set the radiation from 15,000 to 20,000 (or whatever number you want). Start the server back up and if you are still out at 18k, you are in radiation now. You have to go to within 15k to get safe.

So it is totally plausible to hold an event, tell your players every half hour, hour, whatever you want, you are shrinking the map.

Archived