FennecMod - Deadly Ferals, Rad Zeds, Specializations, Ore Processing and More

mdf25

More Fixes

- Poncho no longer causes nullrefs (I think this is now sorted)

- Anvil in forge recipe can now be crafted without an anvil but is more expensive until you get your first anvil, then it's normal price again.

- Levelling fixed up a bit - slower initial progression but curve exponent not so steep.

- Trader pricing rebalanced - barter skill now has a huge impact on prices from 1 to 100.

Secondary Classes

You guys really wanted to unlock ALL the things! So, now that we have the classes in I have made secondary classes that you can now unlock and take.

What's a secondary class and how does it differ to the first 3 you get?

- Secondary classes are unlocked later on in the game. There are 20 secondary classes just like the normal ones.

- Secondary classes have the exact same questline as the first classes, however they are more demanding to complete.

- Secondary classes give you 'class mastery' which is what all perks at higher levels are behind.

- Secondary classes do not give you the other buffs and debuffs.

So in a direct comparison, here's the difference between taking the builder class as a primary and secondary role:

- Primary:

Builder will gain class mastery 1 when the note is read.

Builder will gain the additional tool damage and starting health boost.

Builder will gain the debuffs.

Builder will get mastery 2 when completing the quests and unlock the quick dry concrete.

Builder will get the second tier of additional tool damage and health boost when completing the quest.

Builder will get less debuffs when completing the quest.

- Secondary

Builder will NOT gain the additional tool damage and starting health boost.

Builder will NOT gain the debuffs.

Builder will get mastery 2 when completing the quests and unlock the quick dry concrete.

Builder will NOT get the second tier of additional tool damage and health boost when completing the quest.

Builder will NOT get less debuffs when completing the quest.

Why does secondary classes not give buffs and debuffs?

This is partially for balance reasons (taking all 20 sets of buffs and debuffs will cause serious imbalance) and also partially to make your starting choices still feel relevant.

How to unlock secondary classes?

I'm not going to make it that easy... ;)

- Whilst you play through the game you will encounter research notes in some containers. Killing feral zombies and radiated zombies also give you a good chance of getting research notes as well. Get hoarding!

- If you need more research notes, you can scrap schematics for them. The amount of research notes you get depends on the rarity of the schematic.

- Complete all three of your primary class quests. Each time you complete one, you will gain 'Overall Class Mastery' You will need to get it to 3/3 in order to proceed.

- Getting Class Mastery 3/3 will unlock the research desk. Build it and place it in the world just like any other workstation.

- You can then craft your research notes into a new class paper. It will take 1000 notes to craft a secondary class.

- Read the class paper, and let your quest continue!

Hopefully Max won't mind me assisting with this.

Go to Data/Config/XUi and BACKUP your windows.xml file somewhere.

Then open the original one. Find this (it's right at the top).

<window name="HUDLeftStatBars">
	<grid name="hud" pos="9,98" rows="2" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="left" >
		<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced"/>
			<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0"  />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon|once}" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/>
		</rect>

<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon|once}" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/>
		</rect>
	</grid>

<rect name="hud" pos="93,124" side="left" controller="BuffPopoutList" pivot="BottomLeft" >
		<panel width="168" height="43" name="item" visible="false" pivot="right" disableautobackground="true" pos="70, 0" >
			<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" height="43" width="162" pivot="center" flip="Horizontally" color="[transparent]" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" size="36,32" pos="-58,0" pivot="center" color="[transparent]"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,0" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" height="30" pivot="center"/>
		</panel>
	</rect>
</window>

Replace with this.

<window name="HUDLeftStatBars">
	<grid name="hud" pos="9,183" rows="3" cols="1" width="188" cell_width="188" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="left" >
		<rect width="188" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="182" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_temperature" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-10" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playercoretemp}" height="30" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" effect="outline" />
		</rect>

<rect width="188" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="182" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="182" fill="0"  />
		</rect>

<rect width="188" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="182" fill="0" />
		</rect>
	</grid>

<grid name="hud" pos="9,45" rows="1" cols="2" width="188" cell_width="94" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="left" >
		<rect width="93" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Food" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="90" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  color="0,128,0,150" type="filled" height="37" width="87" fill="{playerfoodfill}" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_hunger" size="32,32" pos="4,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="15,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrent}%" height="30"/>
		</rect>

<rect width="93" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water" visible="{statvisible}">
			<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="90" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
			<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  color="64,164,223,150" type="filled" height="37" width="87" fill="{playerwaterfill}" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_water" size="32,32" pos="4,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="15,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrent}%" height="30"/>
		</rect>
	</grid>

<rect name="hud" pos="93,210" side="left" controller="BuffPopoutList" pivot="BottomLeft" >			
		<panel width="168" height="43" name="item" visible="false" pivot="right" disableautobackground="true" pos="70, 0" >
			<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" height="43" width="162" pivot="center" flip="Horizontally" color="[transparent]" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" size="36,32" pos="-58,0" pivot="center" color="[transparent]"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,0" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" height="30" pivot="center"/>
		</panel>
	</rect>

</window>

That will give you core temp, stamina, health, food and water bars on the left bottom corner of the screen. :)

Max, if you wanna nick that code and include it into FennecMod as standard, please feel free. It's the old code I was using for Darkness Falls, but I'm completely changing the UI. Will poke you on twitter as I want your feedback on that anyway. :)

Saw your tweet dude and it's definitely blind-bugger friendly :D

And yep I think I might just grab this to add. Since my mod adds new workstation windows and things, SMX won't work without patching it.

More Fixes

- Anvil in forge recipe can now be crafted without an anvil but is more expensive until you get your first anvil, then it's normal price again.

- Levelling fixed up a bit - slower initial progression but curve exponent not so steep.

- Trader pricing rebalanced - barter skill now has a huge impact on prices from 1 to 100.

Secondary Classes

You guys really wanted to unlock ALL the things! So, now that we have the classes in I have made secondary classes that you can now unlock and take.

What's a secondary class and how does it differ to the first 3 you get?

- Secondary classes are unlocked later on in the game. There are 20 secondary classes just like the normal ones.

- Secondary classes have the exact same questline as the first classes, however they are more demanding to complete.

- Secondary classes give you 'class mastery' which is what all perks at higher levels are behind.

- Secondary classes do not give you the other buffs and debuffs.

So in a direct comparison, here's the difference between taking the builder class as a primary and secondary role:

- Primary:

Builder will gain the additional tool damage and starting health boost.

Builder will gain the debuffs.

Builder will get the second tier of additional tool damage and health boost when completing the quest.

Builder will get less debuffs when completing the quest.

- Secondary

Builder will NOT gain the additional tool damage and starting health boost.

Builder will NOT gain the debuffs.

Builder will NOT get the second tier of additional tool damage and health boost when completing the quest.

Builder will NOT get less debuffs when completing the quest.

This is partially for balance reasons (taking all 20 sets of buffs and debuffs will cause serious imbalance) and also partially to make your starting choices still feel relevant.

How to unlock secondary classes?

I'm not going to make it that easy... ;)

- Whilst you play through the game you will encounter research notes in some containers. Killing feral zombies and radiated zombies also give you a good chance of getting research notes as well. Get hoarding!

- If you need more research notes, you can scrap schematics for them. The amount of research notes you get depends on the rarity of the schematic.

- Complete all three of your primary class quests. Each time you complete one, you will gain 'Overall Class Mastery' You will need to get it to 3/3 in order to proceed.

- Getting Class Mastery 3/3 will unlock the research desk. Build it and place it in the world just like any other workstation.

- You can then craft your research notes into a new class paper. It will take 1000 notes to craft a secondary class.

- Read the class paper, and let your quest continue!

Hi Max, So are these fixes and secondary classes live? In Dev Branch or stable?

Hi Max, So are these fixes and secondary classes live? In Dev Branch or stable?

Greetings :D Not yet - it's coming soon :) Trying to finalise a lot of things over here so hopefully this next iteration of DevBranch will be the last one, minus any bugs.

Greetings :D Not yet - it's coming soon :) Trying to finalise a lot of things over here so hopefully this next iteration of DevBranch will be the last one, minus any bugs.

Glad to know .. I was waiting for them to become live either way .. But playing stable still .. Have a great day … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

More Fixes

Yay! That's good news. I enjoy spending time in the desert (despite all these vultures) and having the poncho back is great.

You DID say that earlier. I totally forgot about that, when the guy asked, so I'm sorry for not mentioning that.

This sounds good.

It's because the developer obviously puts a lot of thought into what he's doing. This is such a surprising and clever way to handle that. You're keeping the best from having different classes and from rewarding players that put in effort to unlock things they'd like to have, based partially on schematics that are one of the best trade articles in the game right now, which makes decisions impactful. Kudos, really.

It is an interesting way to handle class unlocks. Although it shifts the balance of them a bit. Things like Plunderer and Scientist become less attractive as primary picks, since you mostly want them for the skills they unlock rather than the perks. Weapon classes with their huge damage modifiers become much higher priorities.

Also I don't know what the droprates will be like, but 1000 research notes per class sounds awful steep. Ravenhearst asks for 300 and that takes most players weeks.

Having played a little more on devbranch I'm really getting worried about this mod descending into a unplayable grind. There's great stuff here, and pacing it out makes sense, but there's a line where it stops being a fun challenge and turns into mindless busy-work.

It's very popular. It does come with drawbacks though. Inventory management is not only a hassle and a quality of life thing as you describe it, it genuinely adds a layer of challenge and make player decisions important. Fennec Mod doesn't (so far!) add a huge amount of items that drop very often and need to be hauled home like UL or WotW do for example. Many of the extra items (new food, upgrade kits, crafting steps like the water filter) only exist inside of your base while you transport them from a workbench or container to the other and don't really count for loot management. Bigger backpack also means bigger inventory lag. I liked your idea with the stack sizes for coins, which would be a less invasive way to address inventory issues and Fennec mod already increased the stack sizes of some common items.

I'd argue it doesn't force important decisions, it forces mundane ones. Dropping wood/stone/plantfibers just means I have to go gather more later. Scrapping items just means a get less money from the trader when I sell the iron instead of the item. If something is truly valuable it just goes in a drop chest and forces a second trip - Something I consider firmly in the realm of "busy-work". It's a lot of inconvenience for a very dubious upside.

Perhaps a half measure could be making extra inventory space a Plunderer perk, since they're losing exclusivity on Quality Joe. (Not sure how feasible that is to implement)

It is an interesting way to handle class unlocks. Although it shifts the balance of them a bit. Things like Plunderer and Scientist become less attractive as primary picks, since you mostly want them for the skills they unlock rather than the perks. Weapon classes with their huge damage modifiers become much higher priorities.

It all depends - having weapon damage as a secondary class isn't always a bad thing, since a lot of guns have been buffed a little bit and having access to the military grade rounds on each class on mastery will also allow you to up the damage the guns do. The rounds the gun uses have more of a damage impact than the gun itself. I intend to add more traps and things at a later point in time, which will also mitigate some of the gun damage requirements if you're prepared to build. I'm intending to try making each perk a good choice to have at the start.

Also I don't know what the droprates will be like, but 1000 research notes per class sounds awful steep. Ravenhearst asks for 300 and that takes most players weeks.

I intend normal zombies to drop 1 research note about 5% of the time. Ferals 1-3 about 10% of the time, and radiated 1-10 about 30% of the time. Special zombies like cops will also have a better chance to drop them too, the rad wight and rad cops having the highest chance of all zeds to drop them, about 40% of the time.

Later on in 1.2 when bosses start showing up, they will guarantee at least 10 research notes upon killing them.

I also plan to add them to more containers than just crack-a-book boxes - desks, safes, lab boxes, stashes, cupboards, junk, suitcases, sports bags, lockers... You won't have to seek out crack-a-book POIs for them always, though scrapping schematics will be a way to get some. Small houses will hopefully be as viable late game as they are early game, since they will have containers with chances of having these research items.

Having played a little more on devbranch I'm really getting worried about this mod descending into a unplayable grind. There's great stuff here, and pacing it out makes sense, but there's a line where it stops being a fun challenge and turns into mindless busy-work.

I'm addressing that with level progression. I intend to not make it grindy where possible :) I will be lowering iron tool unlocks to level 30 instead of 45 for example since level progression is slowed down, other perks will also be lowered a little to compensate.

Perhaps a half measure could be making extra inventory space a Plunderer perk, since they're losing exclusivity on Quality Joe. (Not sure how feasible that is to implement)

I'd love to be able to have this as a perk, though that would be more than just XML changes and I don't think there has ever been an SDX mod that can do that yet since it relies on dynamically loading a UI based on a perk, which I don't think happens in the base game nor any mod I have seen - we'll be pushing boundaries :D I will have to see if it's possible, but that would indeed be a nice thing for plunderers to have.

Hi I just downloaded the game and have been playing it for a bit, but I encountered a bug. I built the fire pit but I can not interact with it at all. Any clue behind this?

Hmmmm, I can help on that... just let me know

- Which version - 1.0 or DevBranch?

- Did you install a UI mod over the top of this one?

I'm addressing that with level progression. I intend to not make it grindy where possible :) I will be lowering iron tool unlocks to level 30 instead of 45 for example since level progression is slowed down, other perks will also be lowered a little to compensate.

I don't mind it so much since I mostly play a scavenger/trader style. On day six I had a minibike and quality 300+ tools and weapons. Not being able to craft anything is a minor inconvenience when I can just find or buy low quality stuff to repair my main tools with. The problem is that what used to be a preference is now the only viable way to play. Being a stay at home miner/builder/farmer type is just untenable without a group. Your tools are too awful to level with and you need a ton of levels to get better tools. You're forced to venture out into the world, but punished for not taking classes that support that.

Perhaps quests could be used as an alternative form of gating? At present there's not much urgency to them since if you can't complete step 4 there's little benefit to working on steps 1-3. Unlocking workstations or crafting skills as you go would make those intermediate steps much more appealing, and would put support playstyles on a more even playing field. It also makes your primary specialization choices all the more impactful. If you want the benefits of being a scavenger or combat specialist you're stuck taking the slower route when it comes to infrastructure and base building.

Edit

First impressions of new update:

Loving the class changes. Particularly the speed boost for athlete, makes it feel like a much more substantial pick.

Food seems more rounded. Still not sure splitting up meat by animal is a good idea. It's one more thing to clog up your limited inventory space and most don't have any unique recipes associated with them yet.

The poncho bug still seems to be a thing.

I've also noticed my waypoints disappearing. Not sure what triggers it.

Some POIs have been spawning with a wall missing, including traders.

The price modifiers from barter are insane now. At higher levels you can empty a vending machine, turn around and sell it back to the trader for a profit. One foxium ore sells for over 20k

In 1.0 I thought a good factory pickaxe with all the mining perks had the edge over an auger. With the new power tools skill that just sounds quaint. A 300% modifier is going to be crazy in the lategame.

Still a little salty about getting chain killed by a feral horde on day 4. With the extra speed and aggro range there's literally no way to avoid them. Guess I just have to chalk that one up to bad luck.

Haven't seen any forges or workbenches on sale at traders. If that's a deliberate change I guess it does help keep the trader class from being too OP.

Worldgen has been a little janky. Roads dropping off suddenly, POIs on stilts etc. Nothing we haven't seen in vanilla updates but I figure it bears mentioning.

Edit2:

So how do the foodgroup buffs & debuffs work? In the early game when I was eating raw fruit, boiled meat etc. I'd get the buffs fairly consistently. But now that I have access to proper meals I'm having to eat less often and running into trouble just avoiding the debuffs.

It's up and running. I started a new savegame and I instantly noticed how much the terrain generation has changed. Even though I was so excited for this update, I found it barely playable and for sure not enjoyable, so I closed my game. I tried out a few more seeds to see if it was just a rare exception, but I saw the same in every seed I tried: Large amounts of lakes everywhere with a few fragmented pieces of land with steep slopes around them. Pretty much no building grounds and terrain not traversable for the biggest part. Towns seem to be mostly fine, though. The ones I've seen come with fewer water towers too, so that change seemed to help.

Coming soon to DevBranch and FennecMod 1.1

Food & Survival Overhaul

Food and water will no longer be easy to find in the world.

New Food Groups, Wellness Overhaul & Diet System

5 new food groups coming: Meats, Fruit, Veggies, Grains & Dairy. You will have to make sure that your character consumes enough of each type of food in these categories in order to gain benefits. By consuming enough of each type of food and keeping a balanced diet you'll gain up to 50 additional health and stamina on top of your current stats, get faster stamina recovery, and slight health regeneration over time. However, fail to keep up and you'll become fatigued and sluggish, losing up to 50 health and stamina when all 5 food groups have not been satisfied.

Being hungry or thirsty now has proper consequences. When you are below 10% hunger or hydration your character will move slower and lose stamina at a faster rate. When you are below 5% your health and wellness will slowly decay. Keep on top or you'll start to suffer. However trying to overeat or overhydrate will have similar consequences. Being over 95% food or hydration will cause you to become 'stuffed' which will slow you down and raise your core temperature slightly. This can be useful in a colder environment but it will mean running zeds will always catch up to you. So make sure you don't abuse the current saturation mechanic else you'll be sluggish for a while.

Wellness has also been overhauled. Food of all kinds will give much, much less wellness initially however you gain wellness over time by having a balanced diet. By having all 5 food groups maxed out, you'll gain about 1 wellness every half day, gradually slowing to about 1 wellness every day as you get more health points from base wellness.

Zombies & Food

Zombies will drop a lot less food than in Vanilla. Now you gotta loot harder to find canned food or try your luck in a shamway store. Lots of the time you may be eating rotten flesh now, so you will want to harvest zeds for any food you can find...

Worldgen and Food

Food will not spawn as frequently around the world anymore and you will have to loot hard or hunt effectively to be able to get enough to survive. Water will only ever be found in fridges and coolers, and the only other way to make yourself pure water is to first boil it and then use a water purifier from charcoal.

Farm POIs around the world you find in towns will also be removed completely. They were way too OP in Vanilla and as soon as you found a potato or blueberry one, you would never get short on food for a few days.

All biomes will have a significantly lower proportion of spawned food. Goldenrod, Chrysanthemum, Yucca, Aloe, Snowberries, Blueberries and Corn plants will be much rarer to find, with corn and blueberries being the rarest of all. Seeds will also be reduced in loot so that every seed you get will be a godsend and if you get lucky you'll find a potato seed. Cacti will no longer drop yucca fruit and instead give you some wood and a cactus seed that you can plant. They may provide a nice alternative to spikes...

Animals and Food

Animals will now be a much less common occurrence. Friendly animals such as stags and rabbits will mainly be found by water. Wolves will be more frequent in the snow biomes at night, and snakes will be a lot more frequent in the plains biome and maple forest. You may be lucky and find a couple of stags wandering together or maybe even some chickens crossing the road.

All meat is now separated out by type, which will give different gains and benefits instead of just a generic 'meat' type of food. You will be able to use the meat to craft canned food which you can take around with you, or cook it on a campfire. However the campfire isn't the best cooking tool and until you learn how to make or repair an oven, you won't be getting that much fullness from the meat you get.

Using Your Rear

Toilets in game will now have a function... To allow you to uh... expel... the food you have eaten. As you eat and drink more, you may need to go for a number 1 or a number 2. Failure to do so will result in... well, soggy brown pants, as well as a wellness drain and speed debuff. It ain't easy runnin' when you got a giant turd tryin' to break free of your clamped buttcheeks...

The Dreaded 'Yuccaria'

A horrible ailment caused by the overuse of Yucca fruit and yucca juice. By having a few yucca you will get a small rush that will increase your stamina regeneration, however if you abuse the yucca too much you will be afflicted with Yuccaria, which essentially will give you the brown pants for a while. It's not deadly but it will slow you down and lower your stamina by a bit, so try not to overuse yucca. You can relieve Yuccaria a little faster by sitting your ass on a toilet, though you'll be there a while.

Is there way to cure this ♥♥♥♥fest? The Dreaded 'Yuccaria'

Is there way to cure this ♥♥♥♥fest? The Dreaded 'Yuccaria'

Prevention is the best way. Don't eat too much of it - it works similarly to how snowberry poisoning works, where if you eat over a certain amount, it will give you the yuccaria debuff. Find some alternative food sources, you should be able to hunt easily enough since there's a lot of animals about.

Pooping (standing on a toilet block) also speeds up the process of removing yuccaria.

It's up and running. I started a new savegame and I instantly noticed how much the terrain generation has changed. Even though I was so excited for this update, I found it barely playable and for sure not enjoyable, so I closed my game. I tried out a few more seeds to see if it was just a rare exception, but I saw the same in every seed I tried: Large amounts of lakes everywhere with a few fragmented pieces of land with steep slopes around them. Pretty much no building grounds and terrain not traversable for the biggest part. Towns seem to be mostly fine, though. The ones I've seen come with fewer water towers too, so that change seemed to help.

Interesting... I've managed to find spots of flat land quite often, after traversing for a little while. I will see if I can make it a bit less extreme, not sure what's causing the steep slopes unless the rwgmixer didn't quite upload correctly... Usually you'll find patches with lots of lakes, but in some areas you'll find big areas of flat land as well, at least that was how I wrote the rules initially. I will check :)

Which seeds did you try?

The first seed I tried was "happiness" and that one I only viewed from ground. This is the seed I wanted to play, so I didn't want to spoil myself too much. But I was having issues, so I decided to load a few more and go into fly mode. Unfortunately, I deleted these. I'm pretty sure they were "normal", "ecstatic" and "narcotic". When I read your post, I tried out one I was also pretty sure I tried "hitzefrei" but not sure, so I loaded it again. That one was surprisingly looking alright. So I might have been unlucky and move to hitzefrei-land for playing lol.

I think some seeds will always be bad no matter how you try to sort them out, but if more people feel RWG is too extreme, I can adjust it a little bit :) You should be able to find flat land eventually, I've always found some after some exploration in ones I've used but it could just be I had good seeds :)

Loving the class changes. Particularly the speed boost for athlete, makes it feel like a much more substantial pick.

Yup, they get a bit of a speed buff now which makes things easier later game too if you choose that class.

Food seems more rounded. Still not sure splitting up meat by animal is a good idea. It's one more thing to clog up your limited inventory space and most don't have any unique recipes associated with them yet.

Meat stew needs bear and wolf meat, there's snake strips and snake soup (in the working oven) as well as bacon and eggs needing boar meat for the bacon part. I've also added a hunter stew for rabbit meat, you can also use chicken for some canned food which you further use for more of the later foods that require canned recipes :) There will be more eventually for separate meat types.

The poncho bug still seems to be a thing.

Hmmm... Weird. I can usually get a poncho with no issues. Is it when you loot it, craft it, or both? This one is eluding me...

I've also noticed my waypoints disappearing. Not sure what triggers it.

Another one I've not seen either - not sure what would affect that. RWG changes perhaps or maybe initialising vars on the player character... But that doesn't seem to affect waypoints... Hmmm.

Some POIs have been spawning with a wall missing, including traders.

I have seen that happening in Vanilla as well. I think it's mainly larger POIs that you will find this happens with but not sure how to resolve it. I saw some missing walls on traders in other mods as well, it's really weird.

The price modifiers from barter are insane now. At higher levels you can empty a vending machine, turn around and sell it back to the trader for a profit. One foxium ore sells for over 20k

Is that with or without the trader class? Assuming without, I can look into. Foxium and Fadium will sell for tons as they are super hard to make and a late game item.

In 1.0 I thought a good factory pickaxe with all the mining perks had the edge over an auger. With the new power tools skill that just sounds quaint. A 300% modifier is going to be crazy in the lategame.

Power tools should be powerful I may increase the XP needed to level them though.

Still a little salty about getting chain killed by a feral horde on day 4. With the extra speed and aggro range there's literally no way to avoid them. Guess I just have to chalk that one up to bad luck.

Damn, sounds like you had a bad time... I have made a sneaky change to night spawns, I may lessen it a bit.

Haven't seen any forges or workbenches on sale at traders. If that's a deliberate change I guess it does help keep the trader class from being too OP.

Not changed his sales, they are still in his loot lists currently. He does restock daily though so good to keep checking back.

Worldgen has been a little janky. Roads dropping off suddenly, POIs on stilts etc. Nothing we haven't seen in vanilla updates but I figure it bears mentioning.

RWG is more extreme than in Vanilla. Did you start a new world for this update? If you kept from an old save, that may explain both the poncho issue and the POIs on stilts... Though the stilts are just an artefact of RWG. If people feel the changes are too extreme I can look at reducing a little bit.

So how do the foodgroup buffs & debuffs work? In the early game when I was eating raw fruit, boiled meat etc. I'd get the buffs fairly consistently. But now that I have access to proper meals I'm having to eat less often and running into trouble just avoiding the debuffs.

There are 5 foodgroups, meat, dairy, fruit, vegetables, grain. Each food type will increase one or more of these depending on what you used to make it. So a blueberry pie for example will increase both the fruit and the grain ones. I think for the debuffs side of things, I may see if I can reduce how quickly the timers tick down. I would ideally tie the survivor perk to the decrease rate as well but currently that's not possible to do. Maybe I need to do something with tickrate on the consume buffs, I'll have to adjust some things.

Hmmm... Weird. I can usually get a poncho with no issues. Is it when you loot it, craft it, or both? This one is eluding me...

You can loot or equip one just fine as long as you shift click. It's highlighting it in you inventory that causes the bug.

Is that with or without the trader class? Assuming without, I can look into. Foxium and Fadium will sell for tons as they are super hard to make and a late game item.

With the trader + researcher class and all points dumped into barter. I like to min/max. Foxium ore has a base price of 5000, which given it's rarity is quite reasonable. But being able to sell things for x4 their base price is a bit much. I think you could cut that in half and the playstyle would still be quite strong. Although I guess you can argue that the opportunity cost of spending 2 primary classes on this deserves a payoff.

Power tools should be powerful I may increase the XP needed to level them though.

They feel quite slow as it is. I've been using a chainsaw as my primary weapon and only leveled it up once organically. I've been relying on points mainly.

Not changed his sales, they are still in his loot lists currently. He does restock daily though so good to keep checking back.

Okay, just bad luck then.

There are 5 foodgroups, meat, dairy, fruit, vegetables, grain. Each food type will increase one or more of these depending on what you used to make it. So a blueberry pie for example will increase both the fruit and the grain ones. I think for the debuffs side of things, I may see if I can reduce how quickly the timers tick down. I would ideally tie the survivor perk to the decrease rate as well but currently that's not possible to do. Maybe I need to do something with tickrate on the consume buffs, I'll have to adjust some things.

But how does eating a blueberry pie compare with eating a bunch of cornbread and blueberries? More complex food gives better fullness which prevents you from spamming it, but it feels like the foodgroup stats aren't scaled to take that into account.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, did enjoy the bit of 1.0 I was playing. Any idea ( @mdf25 ) when 1.1 will hit the stable branch of the mod launcher? Waiting until then to give this mod another go.

Also, if there's been any major changes to the class system, can the 'Specializations: What they do' subsection be updated, too? I like that the individual animal meats have returned, I liked having that in the older builds of the Vanilla game.

Archived