Does campfire/forge attract more if in line of sight?

Trauma

Of what I've understood, light sources like candles, mining helmet is attracting Z's if in line of sight.

What about using campfire and forges? When they are turned on, do they only affect the heat map or does the light from them stack and make them even more attractive? Like, do I need to make sure my first nights temporary base in a POI is not leaking any light from the campfire, or does it not matter?

I think that (IMO) fires/lights out in open should attract regular zoms from further away, fires/lights in room with windows should attract but from closer and fire/lights in closed area shouldn't attract at all. All fires should still increase heatmap to eventually peak a screamers interest.

I try to put my campfire / forges away from my base at the start of the game, means a bit more of a trek, but I can also see the screamers if they are gathered around it, and I do place them on a platform, because I have had forges destroyed in the past.

Once I get to end game I try to build up rather then down, and I put my heat generators on another heat map, but up to help avoid the screamers.

Of what I've understood, light sources like candles, mining helmet is attracting Z's if in line of sight.

What about using campfire and forges? When they are turned on, do they only affect the heat map or does the light from them stack and make them even more attractive? Like, do I need to make sure my first nights temporary base in a POI is not leaking any light from the campfire, or does it not matter?

Unsure - I don't think so since I used to sneak around with my mining helmet on and they don't attract any zeds while sneaking!

I put my forges away from my 'base' and use POI forges and such if possible! POI forges and such give a 'quick start' boost. If I have to put them up then I put them away from the base and virtually run them 24/7... One thing I also do in such cases is to build platforms around the area so that I can get up on them and shoot the screamer standing next to it from afar. Yes! Usually I put them on a platform of sorts, wither it's a chopped down boulder, or upgraded wood frames, etc.

Archived