Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 hours ago, Realism51 said:

while I generally have no problem with ailments, the fact that Darkness Falls in going to make me wait 24 real time hours to heal my leg is straight up BS, cant use splint, cant buy a cast, Splint doesnt prevent further damage. NO, just NO. I will not waste my time  on a game where I literally have to suffer through a week of game play time to heal a leg before I can return to enjoying the game. NO. I will not play

This isn't an airport. You don't need to announce your depature.

For everyone else. Next build is up.

1) Still only for A21.1.
2) New save not needed.

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B28

- (IDC) Updated IDCCore.
- (IDC) Fixed workbenches eating mods when items are combined.
- Fixed incorrect UI display for Mining Helmet (stated it was Light when actually Heavy).
- Fixed random smoke issue after firing on Black Sky (the black square thing).
- Fixed various machete speeds.
- Fixed coffee being listed under sous chef 5 AND sous chef 2. Sous chef 2 was the correct entry.
- Fixed anti-rad time display in the bottom left buffs list.
- Added a recipe to make coal from wood to help people who wish to mass produce ammo.
- Added a Supercity map.
- Adjusted max quality of dropped power armor as farming it was easier than making it and thus not intended.
- Adjusted particle from the cryogrenade/liquid nitrogen mod so heads are more visible (there's still some zombies that need tweaks, but that's XML).
- Increased the fuel value of the Fuel Log item from 200 to 300 (so 5 minutes burn time instead of 3 minutes, 20 seconds).
- Increased the special buffs granted by master farmer food/drink to 10 mins instead of 2, EXCEPT the 'grandpas' drinks that were increased to 5 mins as 10 would be silly.
- Removed some unnecessary unity files to help with size and RAM usage.

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B28.zip (you will need to copy and paste this)
Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ogGfDZXgrTBCSZKLGFHCB38AVJTkrcQ4/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4VEd5SxTuMC9KjNv0faRqSNQDHcqCeb/view?usp=sharing

5 hours ago, Realism51 said:

while I generally have no problem with ailments, the fact that Darkness Falls in going to make me wait 24 real time hours to heal my leg is straight up BS, cant use splint, cant buy a cast, Splint doesnt prevent further damage. NO, just NO. I will not waste my time  on a game where I literally have to suffer through a week of game play time to heal a leg before I can return to enjoying the game. NO. I will not play

I'm not sure if this is actually different from vanilla.. In any case you can limp over to the trader and see the scout, She sells casts at prices affordable even early day 1.

Man, this is such an awesome mod.  Cheers Khaine and everyone who makes this possible, but what I really want to know is....

Why is the ratchet the best (fastest) salvage tool in game still?  I got end game laser weapons, power armor, helicopters, drones......and a ratchet I got when I was like a noob.

Impact Driver is not happy about this.

3 hours ago, KBStuff said:

Why is the ratchet the best (fastest) salvage tool in game still?  I got end game laser weapons, power armor, helicopters, drones......and a ratchet I got when I was like a noob.

Impact Driver is not happy about this.

I don't think I've used a ratchet since B23 or so, but it didn't seem very fast then (granted, the impact driver is no speed demon either). Is it really faster than the laser multitool?

2 hours ago, Similar said:

I don't think I've used a ratchet since B23 or so, but it didn't seem very fast then (granted, the impact driver is no speed demon either). Is it really faster than the laser multitool?

Yep, since it has a power attack it actually does salvage faster than both the impact driver and the laser multitool.  

Hi,

I started just aj new map DFalls-Large1-NoPEP on version DF-V5-DEV-B27 and after 2 days all trees are gone not on the Poi´s but all other its a litte bit wierd

Also i wonder why are so many traders on this map?

The map is relative Empty on my opinion besides taders

the raincatcher is absoloutly wild it fills 3 bloks deep and 9 blocks wide with water is this correct?

Just wanted to send you a possible bug to check:

-running b27

-wanted to build some drone storage mods

-requires master scientist

-made and used the master scientist book

-still cannot make the drone storage mod (implies mastery not recognized)

-reloaded the game, can now craft drone storage mods

Other than some books not getting changed to 'read' when a skill gets maxed I've not noticed anything else worth mentioning. Hope you are getting healthy again. Cheers.

16 hours ago, SiClone said:

Hi all. I know this has probably been discussed before but spare a moment for a new fan. How do I deal with the no trader bug please and thanks.

I don't think it's a common thing.

Do you mean you're getting a 'no traders' message right at the start when you should have a marker for one?

I haven't had that in any of the maps, which is about 40 or so now, I've generated for A21 DF, so I'd probably try a different map. If you're getting it there too, I think there's something wrong with your install.

If trader POis or trader NPCs are just outright missing then it also seems like it would be a problem with the installation (I'm assuming you're on A21, that is. In A20 it was possible to generate maps without traders if you turned cities and towns off).

21 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

Just wanted to send you a possible bug to check:

-running b27

-wanted to build some drone storage mods

-requires master scientist

-made and used the master scientist book

-still cannot make the drone storage mod (implies mastery not recognized)

-reloaded the game, can now craft drone storage mods

Other than some books not getting changed to 'read' when a skill gets maxed I've not noticed anything else worth mentioning. Hope you are getting healthy again. Cheers.

Just to verify; are you high enough level to activate masteries?  It's level 40 or 50.

I do have a new error popping up when attempting to load worlds; it halts all progress and requires an Alt-F4.

I have no idea what is causing it; other pertinent details listed below.

• No other mods running outside Dev B28 of Darkness Falls
  • Verified I am not signed up for latest experimental build of Vanilla so I am still in A21.1 B16
  • Attempted a full purge and reinstall of both base program and mod files; problem persisted.
  • Attempted multiple system restarts to ensure it was not a RAM issue.
  • Issue started when I changed from Dev B25 to newer builds; has occurred with all builds past B26 of Darkness Falls.
  • Issue has occurred with multiple maps such as; RWG worlds, the pictured DFalls_Medium_NoPEP, and the Khaine's YT map.  So it's occurring both with mod included worlds, and RWG worlds I attempt to make.

spacer.png

Edited by KaiserAvatar
Clarification and Additional Detail (see edit history)

@KaiserAvatarI'd suggest to clean out your appdata folder (MAKE BACKUPS) as well as delete ALL of the DF folders in your \mods folder before reinstalling DF. Not just overwrite the old files. Sometimes files get deleted between updates, and simply overwriting files leaves others behind which can cause weird issues. Regarding the appdata folder, you can try to selectively clean it up, but I'd suggest to copy the files out (MAKE BACKUPS) and empty at least the saves folder to get 7dtd working again.

Region files are how the game records changes you make to the world. You can sometimes remove the indicated file, but you will lose everything at that location as it resets the area to the original state. You can also use it as a way to reset an area by intent, just make certain you have nothing there you want to keep (including vehicles). If you crashed out while playing it is possible the region file was corrupted. Good luck.

On 2023/10/11 at 午後5時7分, arramus said:

メインのダウンロード リンクと両方の代替リンクの 404 を確認できませんでした。全員がダウンロードを開始しました。

As of October 25, 2023, all the following links are encountering a 404 error

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B26.zip (you will need to copy and paste this)
Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lTXTtx5jcklcvU9hisuhM4mbydzom6IO/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_pqkw7lY1F05w5E0t5NJ1AS3oqrc_quW/view?usp=sharing

7 hours ago, sakuram said:

As of October 25, 2023, all the following links are encountering a 404 error

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B26.zip (you will need to copy and paste this)
Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lTXTtx5jcklcvU9hisuhM4mbydzom6IO/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_pqkw7lY1F05w5E0t5NJ1AS3oqrc_quW/view?usp=sharing

Dev Version B26 links. Hardly surprising since the current Dev Version is B28. Search back a few posts to the B28 release and no need to quote my username in posts.

20 hours ago, katitude1965 said:

Heya guys

I had a player on my server who accidently deleted his Security Class quest when int he middle of it.. He tried making another book to read and it is greyed out so he cant restart or continue his quest. Any way he can fix that? Thx

Use the following command: givequest questID Replace questID with: X is the quest level
quest_classtraininghunterX
quest_classtraininglaborerX
quest_classtrainingmechanicX
quest_classtrainingcivilianX (Scavenger)
quest_classtrainingscientistX
quest_classtrainingsecurityX
quest_classtrainingsurvivalistX

Where x is the quest level he was on. Hope this helps

Edited by VoluptuousSuccubus (see edit history)

Hey guys, I saw in the MOD file that there seem to be six quests for security, but I can only complete five of them, and the order is not the same as in the file, if I complete all five quests he will unlock the final bonus of the class.

But if I died later, he would disable all my security skills above level 3 and indicate that the final quest was not completed, but the quest list would always only contain the five completed quests.

quest_classtrainingsecurity2 is supposed to be an armour-making quest in the description file, but my second quest in the game was to kill five zombies

Is it some kind of BUG or something? I ran multiple world repeat tests and tried both B26 and B28, and they all performed the same

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for the suggestion Walkingwounded; did a full purge of everything; game files, mods; appdata folder this morning and just reinstalled everything from scratch and let appdata repopulate automatically; just got home from work and booted up just fine.

2 hours ago, tmbr1988 said:

hola podria indicarme como solucionar este error? gracias

It's kind of hard to read the actual error text, but it looks like it's having trouble loading a prefab of some sort.  I'd recommend deleting the mod folder; verifying the integrity of your base client and then getting a fresh download of whichever Dev Build you've been playing of Darkness Falls.

Traducción a través del Traductor de Google

Es un poco difícil leer el texto de error real, pero parece que está teniendo problemas para cargar algún tipo de casa prefabricada. Recomiendo eliminar la carpeta mod; verificar la integridad de su cliente base y luego obtener una nueva descarga de cualquier Dev Build que haya estado jugando de Darkness Falls.

Edited by KaiserAvatar
formating (see edit history)