Which mod is more HARD CORE????

skolano

In my opinion the hardest was by far True Survival, but since i play many mods having to reverse the alpha to 16.2 to play it now its out of the question, i wish the launcher had an option to have that single mod with that single version of the game.

Next in line i would put Starvation. Great mod, difficult at the start and low-mid game, but tends to be really easy later on, it has some sort of end game as well so its kinda cool, although the Exo suit never worked very good for me and the rad zone isnt really a lot to explore. What i dont like a lot of this mod is the chores you get with the farms, electric stuff and animals. Never got the settlers to work well either.

Then there is Ravenhearst, the one me and my community of players (around 10) like the most, its not as hard as Starvation but the slow pace in wich you advance on the mod makes it last way longer than the others when after day 7 you pretty much have everything and its only a fight to survive the hordes and how clever and creative you can build your base. In ravenhearst you wont get a bike till day 20 or sometimes later, we enjoy way more this kind of play. Plus has a lot of fun things to do, not too much end game tho, kinda the sad part of it.

War of the walkers is a lot of fun to play, but in my opinion its heavily unbalanced, you get firearms way too early and if you get lets say an uber wpn (tungsten club) for example its pretty much GG you wont use other weapons cause its too damn good. The best part is how varied the options for farming and crafting it has, sure it uses the SDX tools and POI's and stuff but you find a resting home or a pirate ship and its over. Havent really played lets say 100 days on it so i dont really know if there is end game at all.

Then you have the one that i like the most today wich is Merry Comsens, such a wonderful idea on how Sphereii made this but sadly the lag that the "snow" creates makes it annoying as hell to play inside pretty much any building, like i said before i love this mod, its hard as hell but the lag killed the buzz for me, if that is fixed somehow (maybe some people knows how to) would make an excelent mod to play who actually likes to suffer hehe.

Hope this info helped you a bit, remember all this is JUST MY OPINION, so other people with different ones dont get mad about em ;)

Have a great day surviving.

In my opinion the hardest was by far True Survival, but since i play many mods having to reverse the alpha to 16.2 to play it now its out of the question, i wish the launcher had an option to have that single mod with that single version of the game.

Next in line i would put Starvation. Great mod, difficult at the start and low-mid game, but tends to be really easy later on, it has some sort of end game as well so its kinda cool, although the Exo suit never worked very good for me and the rad zone isnt really a lot to explore. What i dont like a lot of this mod is the chores you get with the farms, electric stuff and animals. Never got the settlers to work well either.

Then there is Ravenhearst, the one me and my community of players (around 10) like the most, its not as hard as Starvation but the slow pace in wich you advance on the mod makes it last way longer than the others when after day 7 you pretty much have everything and its only a fight to survive the hordes and how clever and creative you can build your base. In ravenhearst you wont get a bike till day 20 or sometimes later, we enjoy way more this kind of play. Plus has a lot of fun things to do, not too much end game tho, kinda the sad part of it.

War of the walkers is a lot of fun to play, but in my opinion its heavily unbalanced, you get firearms way too early and if you get lets say an uber wpn (tungsten club) for example its pretty much GG you wont use other weapons cause its too damn good. The best part is how varied the options for farming and crafting it has, sure it uses the SDX tools and POI's and stuff but you find a resting home or a pirate ship and its over. Havent really played lets say 100 days on it so i dont really know if there is end game at all.

Then you have the one that i like the most today wich is Merry Comsens, such a wonderful idea on how Sphereii made this but sadly the lag that the "snow" creates makes it annoying as hell to play inside pretty much any building, like i said before i love this mod, its hard as hell but the lag killed the buzz for me, if that is fixed somehow (maybe some people knows how to) would make an excelent mod to play who actually likes to suffer hehe.

Hope this info helped you a bit, remember all this is JUST MY OPINION, so other people with different ones dont get mad about em ;)

Have a great day surviving.

You can have that single mod with only 16.2 and not have your default game affected :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Cheers

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I agree with you !! I've been playing True Survival, I find all MODs very easy hahaha, my problem is the issue of version A16.2 until I can find a solution to this, now the game is bugged, when you die and are born, all zombies find that you are still a corpse, soon they get crouched and do not attack you anymore, with this I need to reniciar the server every time I die, a bag !!! Now I'm here without knowing what else to play, I'm seeing so many mods videos to see if there is some kind of True Survival, quite insane and difficult.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23917[/ATTACH]

Settler's Mod

Craftworx

The War of the Walkers

ComSenMod

Val-Oween

Gnamod Base Mod

The Dying Lands

CBMod

The Fun Pimps

among others that are not on this list that should be good, I'm looking for some INSANE, play with my girlfriend and we are well HARD CORE, so most have these facilities that you yourself spoke and really an easy game in the beginning is bad, does anybody there help to get True Survival and improve bugs, the game is really very like to play, I'm not saying that other MODs are not, they are good too, but I like INSANE hahaha ... Today I'll try to find another MOD to play here at home !!!

bug2.thumb.jpg.7e04be6892dc7f4b7329e935b3b67e5f.jpg

bug.thumb.jpg.4d7680bfb849912722057daecd9f6958.jpg

My problem here, using the Assembly-CSharp.dll that comes from the server does not open the server, only when I get another version of it, I do not know if this is what causes the zombies problem, when I die they do not attack me anymore, only when I renew the dedicated server.

r2rodw.jpg

My problem here, using the Assembly-CSharp.dll that comes from the server does not open the server, only when I get another version of it, I do not know if this is what causes the zombies problem, when I die they do not attack me anymore, only when I renew the dedicated server.

r2rodw.jpg

The left explorer has SP Managed folder open. That is indeed not the dedicated server one. If you copied that one to the dedicated server Managed folder, that would explain your problems.

What do you mean by the one that comes with dedicated server doesnt open the server?

Cheers

-edit- are you using startdedicated.bat to start the dedicated server?

-edit2- how did you install this instance of 16.2? New steamcmd install or copy from existing install?

There are a number of mods that are particularly rough at the start, and a few mods that have some really great stuff to do as you progress, but I don't know of -any- mod that manages to stay challenging over time(though I have plans, such plans).

Merry Comsens is pretty brutal to play, resources are scarce, everything is buried in snow, the nights are long and full of terrors...

CBMod and The Dying Lands are both still somewhat close to vanilla in terms of toys you can play with, but both start you off right out the gate with obscene numbers of enemies(if you want harder with CBMod, don't download the version with compopack, the loot is way overpowered). And I can give you a tiny snippet of code to ramp up Dying Lands even further into misery, by making the warning to 'avoid cities until you are ready for a real challenge' into a threat.

Idk GNAMod Base, but Nomad is pretty challenging, as you start out not even being able to craft blocks and have just work from POIs and travel. Horde Mode is a great 'Arcade Mode' style minigame. Not meant for long plays, as it cuts everything out other than buildin defenses and killin zombies. But it's a blast to play, and it ends up a game of trying to see how long you can last, and you play it again trying to see if you can last longer.... because you -will- die.

War of the Walkers has a LOT of flavor and cool toys, but the result ends up with the challenge kinda trivialized. RavenHearst is kind of in the same boat, though -less-. Still lots of cool toys, still kind of easy, but notably less unbalanced than WotW, and the atmosphere is great.

And there's always Valmod. Good old reliable Valmod. It's kind of the closest of the major mods to playing like vanilla in a lot of ways, just ... more.

And that's the limit of my knowledge on it.

The left explorer has SP Managed folder open. That is indeed not the dedicated server one.

What do you mean by the one that comes with dedicated server doesnt open the server?

Cheers

-edit- are you using startdedicated.bat to start the dedicated server?

2uq12th.jpg

10zd007.jpg

I got the dedicated A16.2 Steam tool

then I went to the link that Spider left to download the A16.2 server. I copied the server and pasted it on the dedicated one.

Yes, I open it by startdedicated.bat

I downloaded the True Survival client through the 7D2D Launcher and look what I noticed about the Assembly-CSharp.dll file has the different size of the server.

The dedicated only opens with the Assembly-CSharp.dll 6.139kb, now if I put that same Assembly-CSharp.dll on the client the game does not open, a lot of headache and I do not know what to do, the game works normal so each one with its version of Assembly-CSharp.dll, but inside the game can be this the bug of the zombies when I die I become invisible to other people and only come back to appear when the person goes in option, video and applies, but for the zombie they find I'm a corpse !!!

1217bs7.jpg

Why paste the true survival dedicated over the one you downloaded via steamcmd? Thats not nescesary.

Cheers

edit: you realize you are looking at SP dll on the right and dedicted dll on the left? You cant put the client dll in the dedi Managed folder or the other way around

edit2 ah now i see. Spider has only the adjusted dlls for download. So copying is indeed nescesary.

Other things you can do to up the challenge on existing mods apart from the obvious 'insane, always run':

Play shorter days. This means you have less time to loot, less time to build, less time to prepare, and more hordes. More wandering hordes interrupting you through the week, and more frequent blood moons. 30 min days are rough. 20 minute days are brutal. Add in shorter daylight hours and things can get pretty desperate.

Guppy's Blood Moon Trickle Fix is also good for making early blood moons for exciting:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?68457-Quick-fix-to-quot-boring-blood-moons-quot

There are a number of mods that are particularly rough at the start, and a few mods that have some really great stuff to do as you progress, but I don't know of -any- mod that manages to stay challenging over time(though I have plans, such plans).

Merry Comsens is pretty brutal to play, resources are scarce, everything is buried in snow, the nights are long and full of terrors...

CBMod and The Dying Lands are both still somewhat close to vanilla in terms of toys you can play with, but both start you off right out the gate with obscene numbers of enemies(if you want harder with CBMod, don't download the version with compopack, the loot is way overpowered). And I can give you a tiny snippet of code to ramp up Dying Lands even further into misery, by making the warning to 'avoid cities until you are ready for a real challenge' into a threat.

Idk GNAMod Base, but Nomad is pretty challenging, as you start out not even being able to craft blocks and have just work from POIs and travel. Horde Mode is a great 'Arcade Mode' style minigame. Not meant for long plays, as it cuts everything out other than buildin defenses and killin zombies. But it's a blast to play, and it ends up a game of trying to see how long you can last, and you play it again trying to see if you can last longer.... because you -will- die.

War of the Walkers has a LOT of flavor and cool toys, but the result ends up with the challenge kinda trivialized. RavenHearst is kind of in the same boat, though -less-. Still lots of cool toys, still kind of easy, but notably less unbalanced than WotW, and the atmosphere is great.

And there's always Valmod. Good old reliable Valmod. It's kind of the closest of the major mods to playing like vanilla in a lot of ways, just ... more.

And that's the limit of my knowledge on it.

Good night, if you can give me the cod to increase the Dying Lands lands, thank you!

I would recommend you check out Gnamod Base as well, it also plays a lot like vanilla and has a lot of enemies. But it is not just enemies/zombies that have been adjusted, loot is also completely redone.

But you can find all these mods on SphereII's mod launcher, once you have downloaded this nice tool you can easily install and try out any mod.

If you really have a death wish, the current alpha version of Gnamod Necropolis might be your thing. You alone with nothing in a dead city filled with zombies, good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CB mod is even more difficult than Starvation, so much so that you really need to edit a few things to make it playable. For example one zombie has 125 thousand hitpoints, which means you cant kill it without a high end weapon. So i have dumbed it down quite alot but at the same time kept some difficulty.

Archived