Heal Others Using Own "Medicine" Multiplier

DracoRex1812

Edit: Apparently you can already use medicine on your friends by left-clicking, but I'm leaving the topic up because it seems a lot of people (not just me!) don't know this.

Original text:

I would love to be able to use Medkits on my teammates, their effectiveness determined by my own Medicine skill.

Since groups of players generally find it most efficient to specialize in one or two skills, e.g. one player is the Tool Smith, one is the Scientist, etc, this opens the possibility for a team Medic, who carries most of the Medkits and, whenever possible, applies their Medkits to their teammates, rather than the teammates using their own. Since the Healer does the bulk of the healing, they can raise their Medicine skill much higher than if they only heal themselves, meaning that the team's healing overall can be done more resource-efficiently, but only if the team coordinates and has a designated Healer.

Basically, it adds another opportunity for specialization and an incentive for even greater team coordination.

Plus, it's realistic! In real battles, there are generally field-medics who know by far the most about medicine and treat everyone else's wounds; why not have the same in a battle against the dead?

+1 for this as I hate dropping medical kits for them to clip through the ground and lose them forever. A medic/healer buff/skill/book would be awesome.

could be as simple as highlighting a medical pack and either right click to heal yourself or left click to heal whatever is in front of you.

Already a thing. just hold the item, face the player and left click.

I have 480 hours in game, mostly playing MP PVE with the family and not once have I noticed this, been told about this or known this was a thing. The starting game tutorial needs to incorporate these kind of things or have "Notes" you can find that inform you of these type of things.

What does this work with? Is it only the medical kit or does it work with food and water as well?

Not sure if it is a vanilla thing or if it is just Ravenhearst but I am pretty sure we could feed each other painkillers. Doing it this way the other person didn't get hit with the dehydration buff and they built up a stun buff which is good for horde night if you are going to melee.

I have 480 hours in game, mostly playing MP PVE with the family and not once have I noticed this, been told about this or known this was a thing. The starting game tutorial needs to incorporate these kind of things or have "Notes" you can find that inform you of these type of things.

What does this work with? Is it only the medical kit or does it work with food and water as well?

It was in the release notes a while back so you must have missed it

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it is a vanilla thing or if it is just Ravenhearst but I am pretty sure we could feed each other painkillers. Doing it this way the other person didn't get hit with the dehydration buff and they built up a stun buff which is good for horde night if you are going to melee.

It's vanilla, was added a while ago

It's vanilla, was added a while ago

Thanks for info. I didn't even know painkillers stopped zombies from stunning you until Gazz mentioned it to someone a while ago.

• 1 year later...

Archived