Just curious

Gamida

Is it possible to access zombie sounds in game and add them to items.

Was wondering how hard it would be to make a "Jericho Whistle" (patent pending)

Was thinking a whistle could be added that when used made a noise like a screamer. Hence the name. I am sure someone would run around an enemy base blowing on the damn thing until he had max zombies beating on their walls. Would probably be too OP for a PVP server. but would be fun to play with on PVE although could be OP on there too. You could just call in a small horde everytime you wanted to gain some xp.

I am just curious if it is possible

It’s unlikely the sound itself is what triggers the horde behind the scenes.

I didn't really think it was the sound itself that called a horde, but to keep it in line with the game I was imagining that the sound that already calls a horde would be the one to use as the sound. A wet fart could have also been used ( and might even be preferred by some players :D ) but I rather stick with the screamers voice.

Indeed i do its in the creative menu and will call in an almost illegal amount of screamers and zeds lol. Its being removed in 3.0 though because people were using it to farm weapons and loot. Type in beacon in the Cm to grab it. Then you upgrade it with rotting flesh to turn it on.

Yes you can attach a sound. You would find the screamer file name in sounds.xml and in the item you wish to use replace its action sound with the screamer name. i can try to create something for you if you like.

Archived