Starvation mod question

nhldman

Im not getting an error, if I hit con/alt/del it says the game is running. It just sits there like its processing, but never does. I have left it for 30 mins.

Outputlog has to be stopping at some point... usually indicative of what might be happening. Can't help much more with available info

Ok I was wrong, I am getting an error.

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1587 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1591 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1585 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

Platform assembly: K:\Program_Files_(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7_days_to_die_starvation_Launcher\StarvationMod\StarvationMod16\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\mods.dll (this message is harmless)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 1254)

HandleD3DDeviceLost

does this help at all? I am able to make the same changes in Valmod, War of the Walkers, and Vanilla. But with Starvation it will not let me. I love the mod though so dont get me wrong. Just curious as to why I cannot change certain values yet some I can. Thank you for your patience.

Ok I was wrong, I am getting an error.

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1587 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1591 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1585 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

Platform assembly: K:\Program_Files_(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7_days_to_die_starvation_Launcher\StarvationMod\StarvationMod16\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\mods.dll (this message is harmless)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

does this help at all? I am able to make the same changes in Valmod, War of the Walkers, and Vanilla. But with Starvation it will not let me. I love the mod though so dont get me wrong. Just curious as to why I cannot change certain values yet some I can. Thank you for your patience.

Those errors are normal. You changing something in xml incorrectly for what Starvation expects. If you post the xml that you changed it should be easy to spot your error.

The only thing I have changed is under the blocks.xml I changed the damaged received=33, to damage received=30. that is all I changed is the number. I dont know why that would cause a problem. I have made many changes to things like stack size, exp gained, damage bonus to head, and numerous progression changes without issue. I cannot figure out why I am having a problem making what should be a simple change.

The only thing I have changed is under the blocks.xml I changed the damaged received=33, to damage received=30. that is all I changed is the number. I dont know why that would cause a problem. I have made many changes to things like stack size, exp gained, damage bonus to head, and numerous progression changes without issue. I cannot figure out why I am having a problem making what should be a simple change.

Honestly, I can't imagine what's going on... Those erros seem to be related with memory/hardware problems, and I would never tie them to a xml change... Odd...

Unless you link to the block.xml file and your logfile, we will not be able to help you.

I've had this happen to me once where I made a change that should have been fine but caused the game to lock up on loading Items. It was caused by the app I used to make the edit. I switched to another app to edit the XML and it was fine. Maybe that's the problem you're facing?

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've had this happen to me once where I made a change that should have been fine but caused the game to lock up on loading Items. It was caused by the app I used to make the edit. I switched to another app to edit the XML and it was fine. Maybe that's the problem you're facing?

Hope that helps.

They changed the acceptable encoding with A16. Used to be the XML could be encoded with ASCI, UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF with BOM, didn't really matter. But with A16, they only accept UTF without BOM now. Oh, and the XML standard of allowing the XML file to specify the encoding at top/in headers is ignored by A16.

They have confirmed this issue, but doubt they will fix it.

Archived