Landmines - game making or game breaking??

dustipher

That's the awesome thing about this game. As tempting as it may be to traverse in the wasteland to retrieve supply drops or dig up treasure, this is ALWAYS an option.

You don't have to go there if you don't want. This game is perfect in conforming to the players style of gameplay.

We all play how we want, it's so cool to see how differently we all play. In my opinion, the devs have nailed this aspect of 7 days to Die!

Yeah, I ended up moving from my first base because it was too close to a wasteland. My new base is perfect for treasure maps now.

AND mines are great for horde nights. :smile-new:

I got a out post on the roof the of the boobie trap. Also got the roof connecting to nearest tree to the south. Got a platform going to another tree to see from of the building. Then pillar to the north near the sign to see other side of building for easy kills. Also place had land mines before I got there. Zombies had the blue steel doors with a hole in it. First thing I seen is a hubcap mine. Then vending machine in front with a air filter mine? Them are tiny.

http://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/630e1413-8236-44e3-9d3e-30c300155c46

Shooting the air filter mine in front of boobie trap. Don't mind the slow bad aim. I got a new unofficial XBOX1 controller. The sticks seem more stiff. My old original XBOX1 controller the right stick moved the characters aim to the left like hes always turning left. Must be something stuck underneath the stick or something. I wanted to take it apart but only got 2 screws out of 5 but the tiny screw driver stripped out.

I've never had an issue with seeing them. To be fair though, I started playing on a potato PC build, and then switched to the console. My TV says it's 1080p, but it's really a 720p display that is downscaling. (kind of like that thing nvidia does with putting 4k resolution on a 1080p screen)

Eventually landmines without any way to disarm them proved too game breaking for my way of play.

There is no point trying to escape zombies in a minefield, as mines poses a higher death threat than zombies.

It's logical, credible, but game-greaking as the original game objective was to survive zombies, not landmines ...

I gave up and rolled back to an old pre-traders and pre-landmines savegame.

• 2 weeks later...
Eventually landmines without any way to disarm them proved too game breaking for my way of play.

There is no point trying to escape zombies in a minefield, as mines poses a higher death threat than zombies.

It's logical, credible, but game-greaking as the original game objective was to survive zombies, not landmines ...

I gave up and rolled back to an old pre-traders and pre-landmines savegame.

I can sympathise with this, although using some of the methods described in this thread you can reduce your chances of being randomly blown up.. Mainly:

1) stick to the roads and paths in the wasteland

2) do not step off the roads and paths in the wasteland unless absolutely necessary

3) if you have to enter a wasteland, leave all your gear and your minibike on the edge of the wasteland, where you can collect it easily if/when you get randomly blown up

4) NEVER RUN THROUGH/IN THE WASTELAND

Alternatively, stay out of the wasteland alltogether :)

I fully agree with you, I just tried to answer OP question after a few weeks "testing" a landmine generated map.

In addition, on console we have a reduced map size (random generation) due to technical restrictions, I find wasteful to reduce the map again by avoiding wasteland.

I have cleared several hundred squares meters by replacing ground debris with wooden frames (died a few times too), but sometimes the mine itself was not visible as half-buried.

My personal point of view : I have a chance against zombies, I can see them, ear them, play with them, outrun them, kill them. I don't stand a chance against hidden/clipped mines in the ground (suddently I'm dead with an explosion sound).

- If I'm dead and I played badly, it's my fault. Next time i will try to do better.

- If I'm insta-dead and I cannot do anything to avoid it anyway, it's just a sadistic game.

Thank you anyway for your advices !

Ah it just adds an extra danger/challenge to the game. The clipping does suck but hey, it is a game.

Like others have said, just stick to the roads & you should be fine.

If you do have to venture out after a treasure or supply drop, just go slow, keep them eyes peeled, & make sure you have emptied your bowels in case you do hit a rogue mine.....that would just not be cool!!

Ah it just adds an extra danger/challenge to the game. The clipping does suck but hey, it is a game.

Like others have said, just stick to the roads & you should be fine.

If you do have to venture out after a treasure or supply drop, just go slow, keep them eyes peeled, & make sure you have emptied your bowels in case you do hit a rogue mine.....that would just not be cool!!

That is what I did. I moved slowly to the treasure, always looking for the mines. When I found the treasure I took a look to see how big that hole is. Boom :miserable: So I lost my backpack.... and my sniper rifle.

Archived