SMX LITE - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Good evening all,

I've been experimenting with creating an optional big bag mod for SMX, so I figured I could maybe get some help here with you guys to do some testing on this for me :)

This is just a standard UI with an added food and water bar (from SIRMOD) and a 72slot backpack that is no larger than the standard backpack on the screen. If all goes well this will make it into SMX as an optional download via Nexusmods...

So please, if anyone would help test this for a bit and see how they like the small icon sizes and if it functions for you at all that would be awesome. And please make suggestions to changes along the way.

DOWNLOAD - !! A16.2 B7 ONLY !!

SCREENSHOTS

zn35fc.jpg

34xhlrm.jpg

HOW TO INSTALL

1. Download the mod.

2. Extract the archive.

3. Copy the folders into the 7DTD root folder.

4. Overwrite when prompted to do so.

HOW TO UNINSTALL

1. Right Click 7DTD in Steam Library.

2. Select Properties.

3. Select the Local Files tab.

4. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files from the menu.

5. Let it run and the game returns to standard.

DISCLAIMER

This mod uses a modified assembly-csharp.dll file and as such is NOT EAC friendly.

-S

Interesting idea keeping in line with the vanilla layout, inventory size is very tempting.

1. Is the container size for Zed's unaffected?

2. What about those with your other HUD mod installed: ie could I simply drop 'SMX LITE' on top of your existing AMAZING mod 'SMX' which I have installed, I'm assuming it would replace those files?

Perhaps it's probably best to start from scratch for sanity check, ie verify steam cache, clean game data, and new game. What's YET another restart between fellow gamers ;)

Interesting idea keeping in line with the vanilla layout, inventory size is very tempting.

1. Is the container size for Zed's unaffected?

2. What about those with your other HUD mod installed: ie could I simply drop 'SMX LITE' on top of your existing AMAZING mod 'SMX' which I have installed, I'm assuming it would replace those files?

Perhaps it's probably best to start from scratch for sanity check, ie verify steam cache, clean game data, and new game. What's YET another restart between fellow gamers ;)

1. The modded assembly-csharp.dll that I provide with this mod only affects the Backpack, nothing else.

2. It would indeed, and that would be bad, very bad.

A restart would be entirely up to you. I will release this as an option for SMX when I get enough feedback to be sure that it is something the players want. Reducing the size of the icons instead of just increasing the size of the window is kind of a new approach and it takes some getting used to. So I want to make sure it is good enough before putting it into SMX.

I am having a problem getting game to load. I am using a totally vanilla game, played it for a minute or so to make sure it worked then added in mod. I get some yellow errors about files from versions a16b119 and a15.2b8 and it hangs at screen that says Loading UI

I am having a problem getting game to load. I am using a totally vanilla game, played it for a minute or so to make sure it worked then added in mod. I get some yellow errors about files from versions a16b119 and a15.2b8 and it hangs at screen that says Loading UI

Mod was built on b129 files.

Make sure the files go into the correct position, the dll especially. Then make sure EAC is turned off.

Will have another go thanks...and I did remember not to use EAC this last try lol

No joy...still won't load. It is different somehow too now. I have to close locked game with task manager.

There were a lot of errors that said "Height diff > 1, continuing"

Mod was built on b129 files.

Make sure the files go into the correct position, the dll especially. Then make sure EAC is turned off.

Having same issue, hangs on loading UI

error says trying to load Alpha 14 world, I verified files thru steam, your original mod works fine.

Good morning,

Sorry for the lack of support but it's been night time here in Norway so I've tried to catch some Zzz's ... and LOL @ my self ...

I've been trying to replicate the error you guys got only to find nothing to be wrong but then I checked the archive and found I hadn't included all the modded files >_<

Also, the yellow errors you got with old world files come because you have old saves from those versions present in your game. So when you click continue, those warnings come up.

So redownload the mod and reinstall it, should work for you now :)

Downloaded and installed. Works perfectly fine so thanks a lot there!!! seems to hang a couple of times while loading, but might just be the game. Also noticed its 72 slots in the backpack not including the tool bar.

Thanks again for another awesome addition.

Downloaded and installed. Works perfectly fine so thanks a lot there!!! seems to hang a couple of times while loading, but might just be the game. Also noticed its 72 slots in the backpack not including the tool bar.

Thanks again for another awesome addition.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was making so many different version trying to get it just right so I ended up mixing it up >_< ... I guess I should stop working on this when tired :(

The thing is, I've really mixed it up ... 72 slot BP with 96 slot .dll ... so I need to upload yet another version. Sorry about that :)

But this is why we test right :)

Oh, was about ask if the download description for 96-slots was incorrect or you had to downsize it to 72, one expresso coming right up :)

Hehe, no it was just me having a brain fart :)

Also, I forgot to change the size of the backpack when dead so ... don't die ...

Working on that now and will have a new version up soonish.

indeed, all about testing and getting the best version we can get.

No worries at all, things never work out quite right when a little tired.

Look forward to testing the updated version. :)

New version up now...

Changes:

Redid the Assembly-CSharp.dll to the correct slot count.

Included items.xml with an increased backpack when dead size.

I haven't changed the size of the loot window slots for the backpack when dead as that would affect ALL loot windows as far as I can see. And the increased size will only be present in that loot container when dead, so we just have to live with that :)

Please test and get back to me with any other errors you might find :)

-S

Changes:

Redid the Assembly-CSharp.dll to the correct slot count.

Included items.xml with an increased backpack when dead size.

Downloaded the new file, don't see a items.xml but I do see loot.xml - did make me wonder what items has to do with window size.

THanks for the quick update, I am testing it now. Already come across a problem. you can only fit 32 items in the inventory window the rest are empty but you cannot add anymore there, its like it is full.

Yeah, it behaves like that when changing the .dll ... try removing one item you already have and then try again, that should clear it up.

Yeah, it behaves like that when changing the .dll ... try removing one item you already have and then try again, that should clear it up.

Yep forgot about that part lol my bad. Works as it should now. Will carry on testing through the day and see if anything crops up.

Thanks a gain :)

download is broken or deleted

Hy! The dropbox link is deleted?

Download nexusmods site, and my hud is not showing...

console error:

2017-07-04T11:56:00 172.420 WRN GUIWindowManager.Open: Window "" unknown!

2017-07-04T11:56:00 172.420 INF Trace: GUIWindowManager:Open(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

EntityPlayerLocal:OnHUD()

NGuiWdwInGameHUD:OnGUI()

Hy! The dropbox link is deleted?

Download nexusmods site, and my hud is not showing...

console error:

2017-07-04T11:56:00 172.420 WRN GUIWindowManager.Open: Window "" unknown!

2017-07-04T11:56:00 172.420 INF Trace: GUIWindowManager:Open(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

EntityPlayerLocal:OnHUD()

NGuiWdwInGameHUD:OnGUI()

Dropbox link fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Make sure all the files are in the correct position.

And also, this version is A16B129e only so make sure you are on that one :)

Archived