[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I feel like profession pages are too easy to obtain, currently I can trigger a car alarm and farm screamer spawns guaranteeing at least 6-10 profession pages in a few in-game hours. It would be better if they only drop from brutes, cops and ferals. You should also limit the the amount that drops to a max of one and reduce the drop chance to 5-10% depending on each zombie. Cops being the easiest to kill would only be 5% with both ferals and brutes at 10%. I hope you make the changes or do something similar as its too easy and having multiple professions is kind of op.

Bug Reporting?

I've lost my SP game... I loaded up my game after a week of being away. I headed out into the wilderness to do some hunting and my entire base was gone when I returned. The area reset back to its original layout as if I had never been there before. Needless to say I lost everything, so I closed the game and tried to reload it. When I spawned back in the game started my character over but on the same day and time I was at when I logged off. I thought perhaps I somehow created a new game by accident so I tried to load the game again and once again I spawned in as if it was a fresh game but with the previous day and time from the last play. Well... since I was only on day 13 I put it behind me and decided to start fresh by deleting the map and recreating it with the same name. I set up a quick base on top of a prefab and I ventured out to do some looting. When I returned I found what I had built was gone... everything was restored to its original layout again. Clearly it was not a bug in my previous game save so I decided to test a few things out. I triggered a fat zombie explosion to a building and road then left the area. When I returned the building was restored but the road had been replaced with dirt terrain. I then logged out and back into the same game a few times. Each time I logged in it was as if it were the first time I logged into the map. I was in a different location with my skills reset. My map however showed all locations I have visited on previous log ins. When I died I was unable to reclaim my backpack as it was not there even though it showed on the compass.

I was not able to find where to report bugs for this mod so I decided to just post this here and hope it gets the attention of the correct individuals!

BTW: I don't post too often so I would like to thank Spider and the rest of the Team for an AMAZING job creating this challenging version of my favorite game (^_^)

I feel like profession pages are too easy to obtain, currently I can trigger a car alarm and farm screamer spawns guaranteeing at least 6-10 profession pages in a few in-game hours. It would be better if they only drop from brutes, cops and ferals. You should also limit the the amount that drops to a max of one and reduce the drop chance to 5-10% depending on each zombie. Cops being the easiest to kill would only be 5% with both ferals and brutes at 10%. I hope you make the changes or do something similar as its too easy and having multiple professions is kind of op.

I second this. Perhaps its a high level scavenging skill that is playing a part in this, but the drop rate from those frequently spawned vomiting zeds is obscene.

If you guys dont know, jaxteller runs a server that you can start up with the launcher as well, dona true survival sdx pve. You just have to message him on steam for the passcode. Dont really know of any other servers that stay true to ts, no pun intended.

Me and Wolverine have TS running on a dedicated server. I just wiped it using a new seed and Spiders settings with the only change being zeds don't run at night. We figure since its PVP we would give people a fighting chance. This is the only change I have made.

Server name is "The Dead Shall Rise"

Web Map @ http://www.paradoxalgaming.com:8082

We agree with this, crafting time will be lowered in workstations that require you to be in them for realism sake. Best of both worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

On that note, how about some higher level/end-game recipes? A "glassblowing" skill unlock at about level 50 with a high engineering skill (60) perhaps? Use it to craft glass jars at the forge? Maybe a recipe for glass lantern mantles that you could combine with a candle, tallow, cloth, and mechanical parts to make a camping lantern with a wider light radius? 😬 This type of real life crafting would require attention and would be alright with me to keep crafting open to complete.

Glass jars: sand, lead, metal

Lantern mantle: sand, lead, zinc (stone)

Desk lamp: sand, lead, metal (base, crafted in forge); electric parts, wires, wood, mechanical parts for complete unit (crafted at wood bench), requires battery, has even larger light radius.

Thoughts?

Last Mod Update

Save Game Safe

Player and Server xml and icon update / Player .dll update

Lowered Bandit spawning in Biomes

Fixed Gun Sounds

Adjusted Archery XP to come from the weapon not the ammo

Lowered Profession Page drop in loot

Added Fish Head Icon

Removed Horde Zombie XP bonus, in favor of future XML based changes.

Restored Night XP bonus X2.

Removed XP bonus experience from Skills, all experience bonus from this method is now to-level ONLY.

Fixed Red Wood Block Recipes

Unlocked Power Line Crafting

Good update spider, a suggestion tho, The large lift reallly needs more HP for how much stuff it needs to make, that or change forged iron to forged steel (with less required bars) for a buff in HP, a single screamer can take it out right now, AND you cant repair it, nor the rolling steel garage door*, once its low on hp, you have to make another one, and that is frustrating.

Good update spider, a suggestion tho, The large lift reallly needs more HP for how much stuff it needs to make, that or change forged iron to forged steel (with less required bars) for a buff in HP, a single screamer can take it out right now, AND you cant repair it, nor the rolling steel garage door*, once its low on hp, you have to make another one, and that is frustrating.

Well that would have been a great thing to report before the last update lol

Went through and tested the guns, Most are fixed, however g36c, mg42, uzi, and amr2 still have problems

Amr2 breaks if you spam shoot it (who would waste .50 cal ammo like that tho?)

Usas (automatic shotgun) would probably work better if you gave it the same sound as the LSAT and reduced its firerate, the things entirely impractical as it is right now.

Rest will test through normal gameplay as it comes.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah sorry, but i JUST got to them as you pasted this update out, and was like FFFFF. And waht do you mean LAST update, youre not doing SDX anymore? D: (or is a16 THAT close?)

And waht do you mean LAST update, youre not doing SDX anymore? D: (or is a16 THAT close?)

It looks like the first A16 experimental drop is about a month away. The TS team is swinging its full attention to a complete overhaul of the mod in preparation of that new version. We are currently constrained by trying not to break saves, so this code freeze will allow us more time to do the overhaul. If you find bugs in this version, please post them. If there are enough that effect game play I will try to convince Spider to release additional patches, but there will not be any new features added until after A16 drops.

Oh no not going for new features, just was wanting to fix the existing problems, oil refinery unrepairable stuff, etc. BUT I am just a lowly player of the game, And do not expect you to drop your hard work just to please me (I do absolutely love this mod, and look forward to what you guys do with a16, best of luck with that.)

Oh no not going for new features, just was wanting to fix the existing problems, oil refinery unrepairable stuff, etc. BUT I am just a lowly player of the game, And do not expect you to drop your hard work just to please me (I do absolutely love this mod, and look forward to what you guys do with a16, best of luck with that.)

The oil refinery was fixed, just forgot to mention that in the patch notes. If anything is still not fixed following the patch note post, repost it and if there is enough, or if anything is game breaking, another patch is possible.

so , I'm playing a bit ago and go to check on my garden. I'm at day 32, or was .. I find things are missing, like the walls and more, so I re-log and suddenly, its still day 32, I am in the same area, and everything is gone that I made. Also I am at lvl 1 and just starting .

I was just starting to get somewere .... Oh well.

So , how long is the no more updates goning to be, a month or more ? hate to have this again .. and yes, I am enjoying this mod very much , thanks again for it .

For those of you who experienced resets as described above, were you playing single player, multiplayer, or playing on a server. As far as I recall, every occurrence of this has been on single player, but I want to be sure before trying to track this down.

As a precaution, please backup your save directory before updating the game via the launcher and playing.

Archived