[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

First:I'm sorry for spaming i didnt know if page posted it right away or it need some time to let it on...

Second where can i get fresh new update of mod?

Again i said on post few min ago that i'm sorry for spam...

No problem, I was confused my first post, too.

Use SphereII's "7 Days 2 Die Launcher"

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Install the game through that, as the first post stated. That will keep it updated to the latest version whenever you use it... or should.

@Suldaan-

You are playing with old files, the bugs you are reporting have been fixed for some time now. Please update you mod files

@BenjyRomig-

Changed the Attach Lights to Helmets Perk to require Engineering 25

@MrSamuelAdam-

-The max alive is turned up to 10 in the zombie game stages

-Lower your graphics settings

@Tetrameth-

-Refresh your Mod files I have lowered the NPC spawning many times. They have a 1% chance to spawn in the current build

-Spelling errors fixed

-1Wood=5Planks=3Sticks / wood= 15sec planks=3sec stick=1sec

-Would we like a recipe for a Fire Bundle? Sticks, fiber rope and a animal fat, could double the burn time on your sticks. Thoughts?

@Erik Louden-

Yes I noticed this when I got bit yesterday, its fixed. Thanks

I've done some research and can't find a fix for the current issue. I'm getting the blocks.xml "paprika" error that some people have had in the past. I looked for an SDX folder to delete the txt file that was mentioned but I have neither. I tried running the launcher and game exe as administrator and that didn't help. I did a manual install of the mod via copying my game directory and unzipping the files. That allowed me further into the game but I still got an asset load error. I'm at a loss of what to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Launcher log file: http://pastebin.com/bpW8ZH5S

Game log file: http://pastebin.com/9Yjv8vkq

So sorry for the delay. I was on mobile, and it's hard to read the logs files.

Can you supply the game log after you started the game in the Mod Launcher? The log file you posted is one ran from the .exe, and while that should work, I'd like to see what the Mod Launcher does with it too.

Mod Update-

Player and Server xml update

Added More Mod Notes

Added more descriptions

All the fixes I have mentioned in the last few previous posts

Fixed Bridge, Shutter and Gate Recipes

@daydark-

Iron Pick Axe can have up to 1000 durability. Short Metal Pipes do 200 repair amount. Then you have your stats that adjust it from there.

hmmm. I'm not sure. Come to think of it I do not have it on the server. I'm surprised it runs so well without it. I dont know what would happen if you added it, you would have to test it. I would back up all your files first.

Spider, thanks for the great mod! just to let you know some of my videos are recorded a little bit behind, so you won't see the new changes 3-4 videos in. :) Jw, this launcher, auto updates the mod right, you did mention you fixed that bit of stuff, and I have noticed less survivors in the last few recordings!

Yeah, been hearing we cant just drop in allocs fixes to any SDX build, allocs has to be compiled along with SDX. Not sure though

I think it should be compatible, and should be a drop in placement. I don't think I've ever had to compile it as part of the SDX process.

Hay Skippy! Ya man I been watching a couple of your videos. Its fun watching someone discover the mod lol. Its one of the things that motivated me to get the True Survival Mod Notes in. You can update your game without messing it up. I will say if I think a update will break save games. But next time your playing open your menu and take a look at your journal and the Mod notes. I think they will help you a lot.

Added allocs fixes in, it works map updating, but seems to be only areas im exploring right now, like it dont show area that i previously explored

Maybe it's a limitation of the map updating, where it needs to be running to record the explored areas? It may have tracked everything accurately if it was installed on the server at the start of the world.. I'm not sure though, I haven't used that functionality. I rarely leave me spawn point area :)

Grammar error in journyman crafting description. "Using the a wrench"

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's a limitation of the map updating, where it needs to be running to record the explored areas? It may have tracked everything accurately if it was installed on the server at the start of the world.. I'm not sure though, I haven't used that functionality. I rarely leave me spawn point area :)

I agree.

Progression Speed

@SPider - you can fix the major misc crafting issue by removing the level 20 misc requirement on helmet+flashlight. I beleive it is the only thing gated by misc crafting and by simply setting that to Engineering instead of misc, all the problems are essentially solved.

I am also curious as to the speed at which you expect progression to be made. What day do you think would be appropriate to hit level 25 (for iron) or level 75 (steel)? When would you expect to be able to make mobile spotlights (engineering 50) or cobblestone (primitive crafting 45)? I'm not complaining about time here, just wondering what you have in mind for progression to help to formulate suggestions based on the 'expected' curve of the mod.

I am also very interested to know how the progression is intended to go. I know its supposed to be much slower, but looking through the skills and guessing just makes it seem like the most daunting task ever. A rough guesstimate would be enough for me, ty.

Yucca juice rewards engineering?

- - - Updated - - -

Where do server error logs go by default, I updated all mod files to latest but cant get server to start now.

Its different from dedi to local hosted, but can be found in the 7DaysToDie_Data folder

Or Dedi 7days2dieserver_data

Archived