[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

any idea how clients can save the server addy for joining game!?

I remember in vanilla the host/ip + port of last joint server will be saved (At least V14.7).

now when using the mod launcher it will always be reset to 172.92.166.66 port 23104.

any idea how clients can save the server addy for joining game!?

I remember in vanilla the host/ip + port of last joint server will be saved (At least V14.7).

now when using the mod launcher it will always be reset to 172.92.166.66 port 23104.

Uncheck the update registry box in the 7d2d launcher

I thought so too, but my UMA textures is on low. Also, when I took the damage I stopped and closed the bleeding wound etc. yet nothing attacked me further. If it was a invisi zombie, it should have continued attacking me ? Or do they operate another way ?

EDIT : And not just in a cave. I just ran accross the road now, and got that leg break sound and another severe wound and a gash. Nothing around me and nothing attacking me.

What happened to you reminds me a little of a random death i had, and reported a couple months ago or so. I had been fighting some ferals and killed them, and a few hours later i suddenly die from full health (150 wellness at least i think), with nothing that hit me etc. It could be already fixed by now tho, i'm not sure, also not sure if it should be the same cause. Either way i suspect my death was caused by either some invisible status effect or some invisible or broken timer-effect of some previous disease i had. I could look up the report i made if u want since i dont remember that precisely how it happened.

Just FYI, with A16 dropping in the next few days, this A15 SDX version enters its end of life support phase. If there are any game breaking bugs, I will gladly push a patch, but otherwise what you see is what you got. We hope you enjoyed the show, and hope you stop by again when the A16 version of True Survival is released.

I'm sure this has been asked in the 186 pages of this thread, but searching hasn't produced anything. I have a pretty simple question:

I just started. Found an apple tree. How do I harvest it? Hitting it with fists, like in Starvation, just wounds me.

Hmm, Apples (and seeds) don't seem to have an image. is this correct? Or, how can I fix my install?

Also: when just starting out, what are some of the ways to get Sticks for arrows? I've only found two methods: create a club, then scrap it. Also, mining drift-wood. I know I can turn Wood into Planks, but I think I need a workstation . . . which I'm pretty far away from at the moment.

Hmm, Apples (and seeds) don't seem to have an image. is this correct? Or, how can I fix my install?

Also: when just starting out, what are some of the ways to get Sticks for arrows? I've only found two methods: create a club, then scrap it. Also, mining drift-wood. I know I can turn Wood into Planks, but I think I need a workstation . . . which I'm pretty far away from at the moment.

Delete your icons folder and then reinstall the mod. That should fix the apple issue. You can scrap branches and logs to get sticks, but as it takes a long time, do a few at a time.

My bad, I probably mislead you when I said local IP address not the local host IP address.

No probs! Much thanks for your help!

edit:

Anyone know what the snakes/scorpions are called in the entitygroups.xml? I want to decrease them or remove them. Cause snakes are often inside the ground and it is impossible to see them.

No probs! Much thanks for your help!

edit:

Anyone know what the snakes/scorpions are called in the entitygroups.xml? I want to decrease them or remove them. Cause snakes are often inside the ground and it is impossible to see them.

Those "blocks" are placed down in the biomes.xml file when the map is built. You can edit it them there, but would any changes would only effect regions that have not been created yet.

Those "blocks" are placed down in the biomes.xml file when the map is built. You can edit it them there, but would any changes would only effect regions that have not been created yet.

I removed the line that caused the debuff to be applied when walked on in their respective blocks in blocks.xml , not the prettiest solution but atleast I didnt have to restart world to get rid of them! (but I will delete those two blocks forever after in the biomes.xml)

A15 question: For professions - "Bonus Stats--- x2 Harvest Count / -10% Crafting Time / -10% Repair Quality Loss" What does the x2 harvest count refer to? Does that mean a Mechanic should get 2-stones instead of 1 when whacking at a bolder each time someone without the bonus would only get 1-stone? in other words, for the same quality axe/pick I should get twice the resources that someone without the bonus would get?

A15 question: For professions - "Bonus Stats--- x2 Harvest Count / -10% Crafting Time / -10% Repair Quality Loss" What does the x2 harvest count refer to? Does that mean a Mechanic should get 2-stones instead of 1 when whacking at a bolder each time someone without the bonus would only get 1-stone? in other words, for the same quality axe/pick I should get twice the resources that someone without the bonus would get?

Yes, it would mean you would get twice as much of any harvested material. however, that bonus was reduced to 1.1x, not 2x. I think carpenter still has 2x though as it wasnt ever patched.

Man, this mod is brutally hard. I thought Starvation was tough, but this is punishing.

I'm not sure what is causing the biggest increase in difficulty, but I think this would be my order:

- Head-shots only -- I'm pretty sure this is the root of all, since all other dangers could be mitigated by panicked attacks

- Inability to dig for safety early on

- Inability to make early wood-frames and construction in general -- pretty much have to use unaugmented PoIs for safety

- Sprinting zombies -- means your radius of concern is larger, since they can close distance faster sometimes

- slow mining = slow progression for craft-spamming

- Late forge - delaying the forge until lvl 10 pretty much means you're stuck with crap tools, which slows everything down

And I'm not sure if you guys did this, or if it's just a consequence of something else, but there always seems to be Zeds around me. In Vanilla/Starvation I seem to be be a lot safer once I clear a Zed or two from my surroundings. But there just always seem to be new Zeds wandering by that interrupt whatever I'm doing.

I've died an incredible amount of times. 8 times and it's only Day-15. Mostly to someone sneaking up on me / dogs.

All this is to say, thanks. This is pretty challenging and a wonderful version of the game.

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it and yes all that is done on purpose for that effect. Its easy to just increase zombies hit points or the damage they do but that feels cheesy to me so we tweak everything up just a notch so its not just one problem your dealing with, its everything. Just like a it would be in a real survival situation. IF you liked this wait till A16 is out. It will blow the SDX version out the water

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it and yes all that is done on purpose for that effect. Its easy to just increase zombies hit points or the damage they do but that feels cheesy to me so we tweak everything up just a notch so its not just one problem your dealing with, its everything. Just like a it would be in a real survival situation. IF you liked this wait till A16 is out. It will blow the SDX version out the water

What are we going to lose from this in the alpha 16 version?? Anything? Models, weapons etc...

Archived