How to Add/Replace Textures

JonathanAngle

i have tried all the tools..you name it i've probably tried it

so my question/request is how do i add or replace existing textures

also is there a list of textures with their IDs

you see im wanting to replace the asphalt texture with one that i like and i cant for the life of me find out how to do it

really no one?

By .xml can be changed easy - change ID from available textures.

The rest have problems. But the texture of asphalt, i changed, using UABE from previous Alphas.

Need instructions? (will need to change bundle "TerrainTextures")

But i warn you - even if you return the old texture of asphalt, gravel and so on, they will be also stretch as new (nasty feeling that i'm a dwarf...). It is problem of the introduction of distantTerrain.

By .xml can be changed easy - change ID from available textures.

i know i can use existing textures i just havent had any luck changing them becuase i cant figure out how to replace them i was looking to import a custom texture for a block i made i think ill just use Texture 267 cuz its SHINY!

• 1 month later...

First i ask - what kind of texture?

You're still talking about texture "267" ="animalGore" ?

Simply put:

- You just import the texture in the image , modify it , and export it back...;)

You never used UABE ?

The fact that there is a problem, it stems from the fact that UABE does not create MIP-map levels when the image is imported.

I still need to test the idea where a texture can be connected from another asset...but I don't know how to create a Unity project that would contain texture...

It will be easier if you just tell me what you have in mind, because sometimes - can come up with a workaround.

If I did this or have any ideas - I'll tell you.

First i ask - what kind of texture?

You're still talking about texture "267" ="animalGore" ?

267 is the texture on the Stainless Steel Master

what i am wanting to do right now is import the transparency file back in,i exported it but now i need to know how to put it back

HERE is the default file

i want to change it to make glass more usable until A16

it looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18631[/ATTACH]

to load textures you need to click "load"

...or... your "plugin" not showing button "edit" ?

this can be useful on this issue:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?23485

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?24110-How-to-add-a-new-texture

Thank you,helped me i got in my texture! :)

• 2 years later...

UABE explanation

I've opend with UABE the "resources.assets" file.

Then is searched for the "Fog" which looks like red/bloody and could be the Fog of the Bloodmoon event and found it with the Path ID "3843"

I clicked on it and pressed the "Plugins" Button into "Export to .png !

Then i recolored into a Toxic Green and tried to import it via "Import Raw".

When i tried to start the game then, i got the error, thats the Texture cannot be read from the Game.

So can anyone me explain in Detail (cuz of my bad English knowledge) how to Find the right Texture and how to edit it on the right Way :) ?

I would like to make the Bloodmoon dark/Green looking like a Fog of Radiated Waste.

EDIT:

Is looks like it works.

http://prntscr.com/n110ms

But for now, i need to know how to make a installer/Replacer to just replace just this 1 file. Dont wont upload a 400MB File in my Mod just for 1 PNG ^^

You can either upload the entire changed file as you know, or there is a way to "patch" the files, but that's something I don't know much about other than Sphereii knows how to do it and it MAY be part of the mod launcher. No clue, but it's worth asking him (not in a pm, but on a forum post).

Forrest Ground Texture, Trees, Grass, Rocks, Etc.

Want to make them different colors then save them as different blocks. So I will still have Forrest Ground vanilla, and the new one I just made.

I beginning to think this is not possible. Most of my mod ideas seem to require Unity and coding it seems. Good grief.

I noticed some items have this property <Property name="TintColor" value="255,160,160"/>. Also, the cars have this property <property name="RandomTintColor1" value="0,255,0" param1="car03_white"/> Not sure how the parameter works on it though. You could try copying and renaming a terrain block and adding one of these properties to see if it changes anything.

Forrest Ground Texture, Trees, Grass, Rocks, Etc.

Eerything you name - is a completely different things ..... Working with them is a completely different tasks. They all use different game-resources and image-layout.

Terran textures, model textures and grasses can be easily replaced with the UABE utility.

Textures blocks are now available to us only partially.

This is a very wide range of tasks - you must start with something one, with something specific...

Are you familiar with the UABE utility?

Eerything you name - is a completely different things ..... Working with them is a completely different tasks. They all use different game-resources and image-layout.

Terran textures, model textures and grasses can be easily replaced with the UABE utility.

Textures blocks are now available to us only partially.

This is a very wide range of tasks - you must start with something one, with something specific...

Are you familiar with the UABE utility?

Reading up on UABE now. Thanks

I just wanted to make sure that you wanted to use a certain way to achieve your goals that i could help you with.

Of course - some experience of using UABE is necessary not to turn the consultation into a huge lecture ;)

Setting a specific task would indicate where to begin the explanation.

you can edit the texture of a block as long as you make it a new custom block, as n2n1 says the vanilla textures for blocks are now not accessible.

yeah just noticed i was replying on an old comment..... nevermind me ill keep been goofy somewhere else....

>flies away<

Archived