A16 - Archetype Previewer Unlock [.dll mod]

herrpohl

i'm still having issues with this. do i need the latest experimental to make it work? because i have 15.1.. should i revert to an earlier build just to build these uma's?

make sure you select a valid profile before you try to open the editor or it will NRE

Also delete your profiles.sdf file in the saves folder to clear out all of the archetypes that are not in your xml. You probably want to make a copy of that file after making just the player profiles you want to keep.

Edit:

By valid i mean an archetype that is in the xml. You cant edit a player made profile as that only exists in the profiles.sdf

i dont know where those all came from.. or what you mean. over the weekend i deleted all game files, uninstalled all games, even steam, and did a deep search for any related files and deleted them. then ccleaner, then defrag. Upon reinstalling steam and 7dtd, there are these profiles,even my old ones. so weird. and all the ones from guppy that came with the uma editor..

i dont know where those all came from.. or what you mean. over the weekend i deleted all game files, uninstalled all games, even steam, and did a deep search for any related files and deleted them. then ccleaner, then defrag. Upon reinstalling steam and 7dtd, there are these profiles,even my old ones. so weird. and all the ones from guppy that came with the uma editor..

have a look in the same games folder (appdata in your windows user profile)

By default it's:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

yup. got in a fight with our renter. found out he was running to my husband behind my back to tel him every time i was playing video games and not working or cleaning house. my husband put him in his place.. but i was soo angry.. i thought i would teach him a lesson.. deleted every steam related item, every game, everything relating to gaming form my computer... then realized it was his account ant all the games he had downloaded to my system that had maxed my hard-drive. decided to get even.. delete his games and all of his user data from my computer. on monday, i reinstalled steam and 7dtd. but weird stuff is happening.. i have old maps and profiles still accessible. despite dumping the 7dtdd user data from \renee\appdata ANd everythign else on my computer.

at the moment i uninstalled the uma mod dll and installed hals mod dll.. and was working on a new base design. because i thought nobody would help and i was stuck. LOL. let me save this and switch over.

Has anyone documented the usage of this anywhere, other than Guppy's video?

Here are some of my findings:

Texture order matters.. it applies the textures in the list order, so textures like dirt should be last, unless you want clothing articles that have no dirt on them.

Texture layers (base, inner, middle, outer can also be used to layer items on top of each other. Also, using a texture that applies things like wounds need to really be in a "higher" layer, otherwise you get that "hole in the mesh" effect.

I'm still unsure of how to use the center numbered layers.

Anything in the asset list named "parts" adds a new geometry group (I think), which you then apply textures to.

Any corrections or observations?

unless there is a random profiles.sdf floating around the game can't store the profiles anywhere else. Did you do a full system search for that file? If you had multiple users then it might be in a different account.

Test was blurry but I don't think you delelted the one in SavesLocal, thats where SP games keep it

unless there is a random profiles.sdf floating around the game can't store the profiles anywhere else. Did you do a full system search for that file? If you had multiple users then it might be in a different account.

Test was blurry but I don't think you delelted the one in SavesLocal, thats where SP games keep it

pretty sure i did.. there is only one file in the saves local.. its a folder for random gen maps.. and it is empty.. unless these files are invisible.

also, like i said earlier, I deleted the other user account and ALL files for that account. I actually picked up his entire user file and dropped it into the recycle bin, then emptied the recycle bin, then used ccleaner, and then ran a registry clean, then rebooted my computer and double checked his files were gone, then ran a defrag.

i got rid of every instance of his usage of my computer. but if i have to wait 2 or 3 weeks until i get a new computer to make sure there are no old user files.. then thats what i guess i will have to do for this uma project.

It looked like all the extra archetypes were gone when you loaded up. It should work fine now.

Keep in mind only the archetypes that are in the xml and set to type=player can be edited with the modded dll

I change my system settings to show hidden files too

Control Panel -> Appearance -> File Explorer Options -> View Tab -> tick the show hidden files

It looked like all the extra archetypes were gone when you loaded up. It should work fine now.

Keep in mind only the archetypes that are in the xml and set to type=player can be edited with the modded dll

all of these are set as player and i cant touch a single one.. here i'll try again.....

Ok, nvmd.. it is workign now.. thanks o much.

if there a way to take a user profile and turn it into an editable mod.. except by hand?

- - - Updated - - -

I change my system settings to show hidden files too

Control Panel -> Appearance -> File Explorer Options -> View Tab -> tick the show hidden files

mine usualy is ticked.. but this old pc is sometimes sentient

all of these are set as player and i cant touch a single one.. here i'll try again.....

The edit button that shows up on the profile selection screen isnt the one you want. You go to the main menu and select the editing tools button (normally the previewer) when you have the dll installed.

The only profiles you can edit from the profiles page are ones you have created in game without them being in xml ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, nvmd.. it is workign now.. thanks o much.

if there a way to take a user profile and turn it into an editable mod.. except by hand?

- - - Updated - - -

mine usualy is ticked.. but this old pc is sometimes sentient

not without dll modding.

I'll have a look at that soon but still have a few bits to finish off for my spawner and prefab inserter first.

It's high on my list as I want to generate random dna and slots data and create the xml for it in game

when i get done making the profile, am i correct in thinking need to go edit entity classes, groups, and game stages to modify how they behave?

and how do i add, names, weapons, and loot?

Sorta.

The Archetype is the appearance, entityclass is where it gets its stats, entitygroups determines what spawners it is inlcuded in.

Not sure aht you mean by name, unless you are refering to the name on the corpse, in which case that is the name from the entityclass.

Held weapons on yreally work for EntityNPC class in the entity class, have a look at my github for examples.

For the loot you define the loot list in the entity class, if its a new container then you have to define it in the loot.xml (dont go over id 255). For EntityNPC class you have to do some tricks to get them to have loot since the corpse by default isnt lootable. Again examples in the bandits from my github link. You have to define special weapons in items.xml and corpse blocks in blocks.xml for them.

Sorta.

The Archetype is the appearance, entityclass is where it gets its stats, entitygroups determines what spawners it is inlcuded in.

Not sure aht you mean by name, unless you are refering to the name on the corpse, in which case that is the name from the entityclass.

Held weapons on yreally work for EntityNPC class in the entity class, have a look at my github for examples.

For the loot you define the loot list in the entity class, if its a new container then you have to define it in the loot.xml (dont go over id 255). For EntityNPC class you have to do some tricks to get them to have loot since the corpse by default isnt lootable. Again examples in the bandits from my github link. You have to define special weapons in items.xml and corpse blocks in blocks.xml for them.

Somewhat related, Stompy: Is there a way to just make the gore pile stick around longer so it stays lootable longer?

Someone suggested a change that makes the corpse stick around longer before becoming a gore pile, but I think that just taxes the system unnecessarily keeping dead Uma bodies laying around.

What I was finding on horde nights, is defending the base actively wasn't really justified by loot drops because most of the bodies were already gone.

If you kill 100, there should be a lot of bodies laying around to loot, I'd think.

I'm wondering if an auto loot system, like Doom has might be better? Zombies automatically drop loot, and a doom like "magnet" scoops them up. We'd still need to micromanage our inventory and probably create a stash outside to dump excess in, but it might be less tedious than it is now.

I suspect something like this would have to be hard coded though.

Okay I guess maybe I missed something here. I downloaded the assembly-csharp.dll file and replaced mine . Started a game but it instantly black screens .Nothing loads at all. I was thinking this was something I could use to mod the zombies appearance in my game. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Archived