A16 - Archetype Previewer Unlock [.dll mod]

herrpohl

Manually resizing them from the uma folder with "paint.net" works, and it does lower the initial memory but it still will build up as time goes by rather quickly. I have a rather hard time traveling from one corner of a medium sized town to the other corner, usually needing to manually refresh once every 5mins or so, just running around a town.

I ran a batch automate command with photoshop to resize all my images down to 512 by XXXx (it automatically scales it appropriately to keep the same ratio). Not sure if it helped any though.

How many UMAs did you have wandering about, Tin?

ok, so from visual appearance it looks like the UMA's with archetype set as Zombie are not using the textures that are generated in the UMATexture folder. I painted one as full black in the _d and full transparent in the _s and _n and it looked normal in game.

When set to type="Player" it (the video setting) does have an effect on the texture quality in game, of course that leads to the possibility of some non standard player models in game

/giggle

warbiker.jpg

ok, so from visual appearance it looks like the UMA's with archetype set as Zombie are not using the textures that are generated in the UMATexture folder. I painted one as full black in the _d and full transparent in the _s and _n and it looked normal in game.

When set to type="Player" it (the video setting) does have an effect on the texture quality in game, of course that leads to the possibility of some non standard player models in game

/giggle

warbiker.jpg

!!!HONEY!!!! I shrunk the minibike lol :-D

I ran a batch automate command with photoshop to resize all my images down to 512 by XXXx (it automatically scales it appropriately to keep the same ratio). Not sure if it helped any though.

How many UMAs did you have wandering about, Tin?

28 uma zeds after the texture downscale and like clockwork about every 5mins I needed to manually refresh. Down scaling the textures roughly extended the time in between that I needed to manually refresh.

There definitely is an issue I just don't know if uma is the cause or just speeding it up so we notice it more often.

/giggle

warbiker.jpg

I did something similar with same results.. compare the before you downscale and after you downscale initial memory usage when you start a game and you will see a memory reduction, so the game is using them in some way.

edit:Obviously in a way not intended :playful:

I did something similar with same results.. compare the before you downscale and after you downscale initial memory usage when you start a game and you will see a memory reduction, so the game is using them in some way.

edit:Obviously in a way not intended :playful:

I would suspect it is still loading the textures from the folder, but it isnt applying them to the models.

I also have to run the game at 1/2 textures for the non uma setting as even with 16gb RAM I hit 80% pretty quick and crash out. With it on 1/2 I tend to hover around 55-60% but with the UMAs running it goes up fast.

28 uma zeds after the texture downscale and like clockwork about every 5mins I needed to manually refresh. Down scaling the textures roughly extended the time in between that I needed to manually refresh.

There definitely is an issue I just don't know if uma is the cause or just speeding it up so we notice it more often.

Were these zombies set to spawn to specific prefabs or were they more common like the ZombiesAll group?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company&p=528935&viewfull=1#post528935

found that by setting type=player on all my archetypes I have zero memory issues (even with 200+ uma on screen)

I also resized all of the baked textures that the game generates to 1x1 pixel black pngs and there was no difference in game to either the appearance of the UMA's or the gradual memory leak resulting in unplayable fps, so its definately not working the way it should.

For now just use type="Player" on all your archetypes until a fix can be found.

Not sure if people can use these custom UMA's on a server, but if they can then theres a potential for pvp exploits since you can create an essentially invisible model.

Good!

This only applies to leaks of memory or it may slightly increase the performance for my SinglePlayer ?

If I understand it correctly the type=player means that instead of a static texture (or Baked as Kin calls it) for the archetype it creates the texture dynamically when the entity is spawned (since players can change items it cant be a static image). I would expect there to be a bit more of a cpu hit for each zombie spawned, but once spawned it should be the same as non player ones. The issue with the non player ones is it appears to keep recreating and storing the image in memory rather than using the existing one, and so over time you end up with too many textures in memory and the game crashes.

It's possible the same thing happens with blocks as well, because I get a gradual increase in ram usage when on full sized textures until I crash, but on half it runs fine for hours, or it could just be once a texture is loaded it doesnt unload, so the more textures you see the more ram you use, and doing the video settings apply resets the cache and only loads the textures in range.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company&p=528935&viewfull=1#post528935

found that by setting type=player on all my archetypes I have zero memory issues (even with 200+ uma on screen)

I also resized all of the baked textures that the game generates to 1x1 pixel black pngs and there was no difference in game to either the appearance of the UMA's or the gradual memory leak resulting in unplayable fps, so its definately not working the way it should.

For now just use type="Player" on all your archetypes until a fix can be found.

Not sure if people can use these custom UMA's on a server, but if they can then theres a potential for pvp exploits since you can create an essentially invisible model.

Good find! tyvm :) works like a charm!

Does this still function? For some reason whenever I add it I get a null reference when I click Editing Tools - on an otherwise vanilla game. Could I be doing something wrong? Or missing a step?

I replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll file in the 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder with the one provided by the download link. Was there something more I had to do?

Does this still function? For some reason whenever I add it I get a null reference when I click Editing Tools - on an otherwise vanilla game. Could I be doing something wrong? Or missing a step?

I replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll file in the 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder with the one provided by the download link. Was there something more I had to do?

Do you have the archetype your trying to work on in that games archetype folder. I got nre when i had previously add a uma via another game folder and it was still in there even tho it wasnt in the gane folder archetype.

So if your trying to view a non existing archetype that is only in another game folder then you will get a nre.

• 1 month later...

This is what Guppy is using for his new zeds. He posted some yt videos of installation and setup, as well as doing a whole mix so you could see the workflow.

Guppytypes: Click on the image to view code and additional information.

[table=width: 788, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]gupZombieClimber[/td]

[td]gupMartha[/td]

[td]gupBiff[/td]

[td]gupSally[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]gup_Zombie_Crawler_FACESMALL.jpg[/td]

[td]gup_Martha_FACESMALL.jpg[/td]

[td]gup_Biff_FACESMALL.jpg[/td]

[td]bKE5CL9.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

*INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS*

- Note that I said gamestages.xml but meant spawning.xml

From your /data/config in your Install Folder: There are three files you will need to edit.

archetypes.xml - This file is where you set the physical characteristics of the zombies. In each link below, I've placed the code... simply edit archetypes.xml and insert the code

entityclasses.xml - This file is where you set the stats (hit points, speed, AI actions, etc) of the zombies. In each link below, I've placed the code... simply edit entityclasses.xml and insert the code

entitygroups.xml - This file determines which zombies are in which spawn group. I have NOT placed the code below, because this is for YOUR PREFERENCE. With the above two, the zombies will be in the game, but this one actually calls them to spawn, more or less.

For simplicity sake, the easiest method is to add this line inside the ZombiesAll group block:

<entity name="gupBiff" prob="0.01"/>

This says gupBiff would spawn anytime ZombiesAll is called in spawning.xml, with a 1% chance to spawn when the spawning gets to that line. It means he would be rare.

It is important to undertand the relationships between the XML files.

spawning.xml <--- entitygroups.xml

spawning.xml determines which groups in entitygroups gets called in specific circumstances, such as random biome spawns and prefab spawns.

entitygroups.xml <--- entityclasses.xml

entitygroups.xml is where you decide which zombie types from entityclasses belong to spawn groups.

entityclassex.xml <--- archetypes.xml

entityclasses.xml is where you set the behavior and stats of zombies that you made in archetypes.

archetypes.xml

archetypes.xml is where you set the physical traits of the zombies (nose length, height, texture colors, etc).

So they're all important, but I've only provided the code for the last two, because those are the only custom pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived