Traders not opening shop ?

iamAXO

How do I restore the chunk ? We dont want to start a new game yet and I cannot find any way to get in there :/

My guess is that its in the Random Gen/Worldname/Region .. but I dont understand all those r.1-1.7.rg files

I have no clue, sadly. It's what a guy told me to do when I got the same bug, but I haven't figured it out yet. Lol.

I have no clue sadly. It's what a guy told me to do when I got the same bug, but I haven't figured it out yet. Lol.

Find out which region tile the trader is in. Each region file is named accordingly from 0,0 (r.0.0.7rg). Once you know which region the trader is in you simply go to the /saves/Random Gen/Gamename/Region folder and delete the file for that region. Restart your server and it will regenerate that tile the next time someone visits the area. Keep in mind that any bases built in that region will also be wiped. You can find your region easily if you are using Allocs Fixes and a livemap. If not I believe there is a calculator tool on the forum that calculates it for you.

Find out which region tile the trader is in. Each region file is named accordingly from 0,0 (r.0.0.7rg). Once you know which region the trader is in you simply go to the /saves/Random Gen/Gamename/Region folder and delete the file for that region. Restart your server and it will regenerate that tile the next time someone visits the area. Keep in mind that any bases built in that region will also be wiped. You can find your region easily if you are using Allocs Fixes and a livemap. If not I believe there is a calculator tool on the forum that calculates it for you.

Great, I'll try this as soon as I can. Thanks!

To find a chunk, you can also:

- start a singleplayer game with the same seed

- go to the coords where the trader is

- close the game

- open the savegame-folder at C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\seed name\Region

- delete all the region files

- start the game

-> the region files now generated in the save-folder are the ones you're looking for

If you're not on a server, you can make a backup of your singleplayer save files, do the same, delete the whole seed name-folder and copy the backup back in

• 9 months later...
To find a chunk, you can also:

- start a singleplayer game with the same seed

- go to the coords where the trader is

- close the game

- open the savegame-folder at C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\seed name\Region

- delete all the region files

- start the game

-> the region files now generated in the save-folder are the ones you're looking for

If you're not on a server, you can make a backup of your singleplayer save files, do the same, delete the whole seed name-folder and copy the backup back in

Seems like the right idea, but it will not let me create a new game with the same name.

What should I do?

• 5 months later...
Hi,

We have found a trader in our game (Joel) and its always locked. No matter what time of the day, its locked.

Do they have opening hours ?

Is this normal ?

I have restart my server but no help.

Thanks.

Hi All.

I just had to do this and it was a real pain in the butt, so I thought I’d leave some info to help anyone who has this exact same problem in the future.

First finding the region files for the traders. It took me a while, so to save you time here are the regions for Navesgane.

Trader Bob region 1,-3

Trader Jimmy region -2,-3

Trader Rekt region 0,0

Trader Hugh region 2,2

Trader Joel region -3,1

You need to use an FTP to delete one or more of these files to fix the broken trader. On my server both Hugh and Joel where broken by people building/digging as close to their trader stations as possible.

After I’d deleted these files I went back into my server and immediately fell through the world in the region(s) I’d deleted. Turns out you need to restart your server (if with gameservers.com) NOT COMPLETE REINSTALL. I don’t know about other server providers but it makes sense that server restart recreated the two files I’d removed. This took me ages to figure out hence this post.

If you are on a random gen map the traders will be in different locations so just use the regions calculator https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32117-Coordinates-to-Region-File-Calculator

Although beware that Nortons flagged this as an uncommon file and kept deleting it. So I had to turn Nortons off to install it.

Hope this helps a fellow survivor to not waste half a day trying to fix this like I just did.

Hi All.

I just had to do this and it was a real pain in the butt, so I thought I’d leave some info to help anyone who has this exact same problem in the future.

First finding the region files for the traders. It took me a while, so to save you time here are the regions for Navesgane.

Trader Bob region 1,-3

Trader Jimmy region -2,-3

Trader Rekt region 0,0

Trader Hugh region 2,2

Trader Joel region -3,1

You need to use an FTP to delete one or more of these files to fix the broken trader. On my server both Hugh and Joel where broken by people building/digging as close to their trader stations as possible.

After I’d deleted these files I went back into my server and immediately fell through the world in the region(s) I’d deleted. Turns out you need to restart your server (if with gameservers.com) NOT COMPLETE REINSTALL. I don’t know about other server providers but it makes sense that server restart recreated the two files I’d removed. This took me ages to figure out hence this post.

If you are on a random gen map the traders will be in different locations so just use the regions calculator https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32117-Coordinates-to-Region-File-Calculator

Although beware that Nortons flagged this as an uncommon file and kept deleting it. So I had to turn Nortons off to install it.

Hope this helps a fellow survivor to not waste half a day trying to fix this like I just did.

• 7 months later...

A common Trader Fix

Greetings, all.

I apologise if this fix has been mentioned already elsewhere, but this will fix a certain trader issue, which I understand to be the most common cause for a Trader who never opens.

For this fix you will need to be the host of a P2P game, or have access to an admin with 'Creative Menu' permissions if you are on a multiplayer server.

1) The problem likely stems from the fact that the Trader NPC in this trade area has disappeared. I do not know why this occurs, but anecdotally, I can say it I have seen it occur in instances where a player has built structures / claimed blocks immediately adjacent to the trader area.

2) The first thing you need to do, even with full admin control, is gain access to the trade area. Open the console, access the Debug menu with 'dm' and the Creative menu with 'cm'. Then press [f6] to open the Creative menu.

3) Ensure that you tick the box labelled: 'Dynamic Spawner'. Then choose an NPC Trader, such as NPC Trader Bob, and place them anywhere within the trade area, close to a floor but hovering above it - the NPC will drop to the floor upon spawning. The Dynamic Spawn will ensure that this NPC is removed from the server on the next server reset.

4) Now you may enter the trade area. Ensure that you tick the [f6] menu box labelled 'Static Spawner'. This will ensure that the next NPC you spawn is permanently applied to the spot, even after server resets. Choose any NPC Trader and place them wherever you please within the trade area. I believe the best method is to stand very close to the edge of the block in which you want the NPC to stand, and aim at the center of the block that forms the floor the Trader will stand on.

Having objects in front of you such as plants or counters, may cause the NPC to attempt to spawn in relation to those objects, instead of the floor behind them, much like when digging, you sometimes smash a flower that you didn't seem to be aiming at.

Make sure to put the trader somewhere that players can find them easily, because they will be permanent, thanks to the Static Spawner. This means if you spawn them into a wall or floor, they may be stuck there until the next server wipe (I do not know how to remove an NPC asset from the game, or if it is even possible.)

There is also an option in the top-left of the Creative menu, labelled 'Look at Me'. This option will cause the NPC to face your camera as they spawn, and can be used to make the trader look more natural in the environment.

I hope this is helpful, or even relevant.

I read somewhere that in a single player game you can delete the trader, spawn a new trader in Dev Mode, delete the new trader, ???, and the trader should work after that. I don't remember if there were steps in the ??? area so go ahead and search the forums for locked trader and you should find the solution fairly quickly.

Archived