Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

Easy Anticheat debe estar desactivado, debes tener una copia A19.4 limpia del juego sin ningún otro modlet.

Voy a mirar dentro del frasco / botella. En cuanto a los MRE, cajas de munición y otros elementos de A16, todavía estoy trabajando en el mod, de ninguna manera está terminado, desde que cayó A17, básicamente trabajé desde cero con esta versión del mod y no he estado haciendo nada más que trabajo en el mod durante los últimos 2 años y todavía hay muchos elementos que deben recuperarse, pero el problema es que el mod antiguo tenía íconos en muy baja resolución para ellos, el código XML no es compatible con la versión actual del juego , por lo que lleva tiempo rehacer todo eso en HD. El cambio de botín también es un proceso continuo. Puede buscar en el menú creativo para la mayoría de los elementos relacionados con mod escribiendo "ulm".

Thanks for the quick response, and even more thanks for your great work. :)

18 hours ago, Subquake said:

Easy Anticheat must be turned off, you have to have a clean A19.4 copy of the game without any other modlets.

I will look into the jar/bottle thing. As for MREs, ammo boxes and other items from A16, I'm still working on the mod, it's by no means finished, since A17 dropped, I basically worked my way up from scratch with this version of the mod and been doing nothing but work on the mod for the past 2 years and there's still a lot of items that need to be brought back, but thing is, old mod had icons in very low resolution for them, the XML code is not compatible with current version of the game, so that takes time to remake all that in HD. Loot change is also an ongoing process. You can search in creative menu for most mod related items by typing "ulm".

Thanks for the reply. Oh, and you might want to write somewhere that you can pick up storage containers and other objects by holding E - it took me a while to figure out this useful feature (or maybe I just didn't see the info, if it's in the game already?).

19 hours ago, Subquake said:

I will look into the jar/bottle thing. As for MREs, ammo boxes and other items from A16, I'm still working on the mod, it's by no means finished, since A17 dropped, I basically worked my way up from scratch with this version of the mod and been doing nothing but work on the mod for the past 2 years and there's still a lot of items that need to be brought back, but thing is, old mod had icons in very low resolution for them, the XML code is not compatible with current version of the game, so that takes time to remake all that in HD. Loot change is also an ongoing process. You can search in creative menu for most mod related items by typing "ulm".

Ah that explains many things, before the current version I played with 16.something until my previous PC could not cope with it anymore. Now that I am up to date again I also wanted to see if UL was still being developed, pleasantly surprised that it was although I was missing a few things that I remembered from earlier days.

I might say that I still enjoy UL and keep up the good work.

@Subquake  I installed the experimental branch today and just tried to repair a bicycle, but it seems like its broken.

I crafted the bicycle repair kit and then used right click with a wood hammer on a repairable bicycle, but the item icon in the bottom right corner said I need a bicycle repair kit. It was in my inventory, I triple checked.

9 hours ago, Moragor said:

@Subquake  I installed the experimental branch today and just tried to repair a bicycle, but it seems like its broken.

I crafted the bicycle repair kit and then used right click with a wood hammer on a repairable bicycle, but the item icon in the bottom right corner said I need a bicycle repair kit. It was in my inventory, I triple checked.

you need a wrench, ratchet or an impact driver to repair vehicles

39 minutes ago, Doparly said:

Can a UL 19.3 save be used in UL 19.4 ?

I imagine not, but figured I ask in case there is a work around.

My 19.3 save shows up in UL 19.4 version, but the option to start it is greyed out.

Depends, did you install the new update for the mod on the mod launcher? or did you install undead legacy manually? If you did through mod launcher, you need to completely uninstall it and reinstall it fresh, so that the mod launcher pulls A19.4 vanilla files first and then pre-sync the UL mod

4 hours ago, doghorde said:

witch compo pack do you suggest guys ? i installed cp47 and i got some huge lags

lag is because of the compo packs, not the mod, if your PC can't handle compo pack with UL, don't use compo pack

I noticed something about mining that I thought I'll note here. Mining potassium gives a lot of xp (as in vanilla) but mining iron or lead gives very little. I guess xp from mining is linked to how many items you actually get and as you changed scrap iron/lead from mining, to ore it still gives xp according to quantity. I wonder if you'll be changing this?

6 hours ago, Voidghost said:

I noticed something about mining that I thought I'll note here. Mining potassium gives a lot of xp (as in vanilla) but mining iron or lead gives very little. I guess xp from mining is linked to how many items you actually get and as you changed scrap iron/lead from mining, to ore it still gives xp according to quantity. I wonder if you'll be changing this?

Most likely, the introduction of ores is part of my attempt in reducing stack sizes in the game, lowering the granularization of things, because I was never a fan of resource gathering and having stacks and stacks of tenths of thousands of things. A good contrast game would be Subnautica and alike.

2021.04.01 - 2.3.12 Experimental ready!
- Added Plastic Bottle Coffee variant
- Added Glass Jar Mineral Water variant
- Added Iron Table for crafting some tier 2 workstations or by itself as deco block
- Added Tier 2 Artisans Table and moved some recipes like concrete block there
- Adjusted Quest Quality Templates
- Rebalanced Recipe for Advanced Repair Kit and it's economic value
- Reduced cost of Wood Frames, Wood Block, Reinforced Wood Block, Metal Reinforced Wood Block
- Removed duplicate shape from Cobblestone Block Variant Helper
- Removed Cobblestone Block recipe
- Reduced amount of small stones gained when scrapping Cobblestone
- Reduced craft time of Flagstone, Cobblestone, Brick, Hay and other Artisan Table blocks
- Reduced brick, clay, sand, cement and concrete consumption and gain by a factor of 5
- Reduced max stack size for most resources from 5000 to 1000
- Reduced required Large Stones for Mortar and Pestle Recipe
- Fixed harvest exploit on workstations

Patch note archive: https://ul.subquake.com/wiki/Patch_Notes with all the previous patch notes in as well

As to when Experimental will go to Stable branch is unclear yet, probably not this week, if all things go well, maybe sometime next week.

Firstly may I say what a brilliant mod, thanks to the devs for the amazing work! I have a question about old books (the ones needed for research crafting) - is there a plan to make these craftable again in some fashion (even at a heavy cost)? Or to tweak their abundance in loot otherwise? I'm mid-game right now in a no loot re-spawn world, and the most effective way to get old books seems to be to strip all the mail boxes of every town I find. Book shelves give me a ton of schematics but I'm very rarely getting old books out of them as I've got a few points in lucky looter and several of the loot perks.  I feel that spending many in-game days harvesting mail boxes shouldn't be the most reliable way to find old books (which for me is the clear blocker to research progression, not research points which are super easy to obtain) - it would be nice if book shelves and book piles had a higher chance of giving old books than mail boxes. Thanks for your consideration.

37 minutes ago, systemdown said:

Firstly may I say what a brilliant mod, thanks to the devs for the amazing work! I have a question about old books (the ones needed for research crafting) - is there a plan to make these craftable again in some fashion (even at a heavy cost)? Or to tweak their abundance in loot otherwise? I'm mid-game right now in a no loot re-spawn world, and the most effective way to get old books seems to be to strip all the mail boxes of every town I find. Book shelves give me a ton of schematics but I'm very rarely getting old books out of them as I've got a few points in lucky looter and several of the loot perks.  I feel that spending many in-game days harvesting mail boxes shouldn't be the most reliable way to find old books (which for me is the clear blocker to research progression, not research points which are super easy to obtain) - it would be nice if book shelves and book piles had a higher chance of giving old books than mail boxes. Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks and it's just me working on the mod by myself pretty much. As for your question, short answer is no, there are no plans to make books craftable. The long answer:

Reason why I removed them from crafting is that you can disassemble them at the disassembly station to earn research points and I didn't want people to "manufacture" research by crafting tons and tons of books. If you want to get books, I'd suggest looking for the new crack-a-book stores, that have those black shelves with thick books etc, those give a lot of old books, as well as book piles.

Now I don't know the circumstances of your generated world, but usually it's enough books to unlock most things, if there's not enough in your starter town, then you need to move out to another town. Wish you luck in your RNG adventures!

Edited by Subquake
typo (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Thanks and it's just me working on the mod by myself pretty much. As for your question, short answer is no, there are no plans to make books craftable. The long answer:

Reason why I removed them from crafting is that you can disassemble them at the disassembly station to earn research points and I didn't want people to "manufacture" research by crafting tons and tons of books. If you want to get books, I'd suggest looking for the new crack-a-book stores, that have those black shelves with thick books etc, those give a lot of old books, as well as book piles.

Now I don't know the circumstances of your generated world, but usually it's enough books to unlock most things, if there's not enough in your starter town, then you need to move out to another town. Wish you luck in your RNG adventures!

Wow that's a ridiculous amount of output for one person, amazing. I understand why old books are no longer craftable, I guess I'm just a little frustrated as they should be slightly easier to loot than they are now. But as you say, I don't know if it's just my RNG or not. I've stripped 3 towns of mail boxes around me, and am chaining Tier IV missions in a small city currently, but alas, no Crack-A-Book in sight (except for small stores that I've looted previously). I'll keep grinding! Thanks for responding so fast and thanks again for your work 😃

35 minutes ago, Moragor said:

Make sure to check the traders, I found a stack of 37 books at trader Joel and they're quite cheap.

Great tip thanks, seems quite rare.  I did just buy a stack of 16 old books from a trader for the first time this play-through (I have been regularly checking multiple traders when their inventory resets). Can't complain though, every book gets me closer to an engine schematic that gets me closer to a vehicle repair kit.. that Police SUV is gonna be MINE!

Hey Subquake! Good to see you alive and kicking and it warms my heart to see all those updates you are releasing regularly.

Excuse me if this question been asked recently, but are you planning to rebalance skills any time soon? I've been playing a lot couple of months ago and left some examples of unbalanced skills there as well as info about how their growth can be changed for the better. I guess it's not your priority comparing to adding new content, but if by chance you are planning such an update let us now please! :D

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Moragor said:

I'm in the process of moving my base and I could pick up every crafting station except the chemistry station. Is this intended or a bug? Playing the latest experimental build.

Pretty sure you need a land claim block for that particular one

5 hours ago, Caites said:

Hey Subquake! Good to see you alive and kicking and it warms my heart to see all those updates you are releasing regularly.

Excuse me if this question been asked recently, but are you planning to rebalance skills any time soon? I've been playing a lot couple of months ago and left some examples of unbalanced skills there as well as info about how their growth can be changed for the better. I guess it's not your priority comparing to adding new content, but if by chance you are planning such an update let us now please! :D

Thank you!

Skills were rebalanced to some degree, further changes in the nearest future are not planned, but in long term, yes.

2021.04.03 - 2.3.14 Experimental ready
- Updated Cabin 11, Waterworks, Spanish House POI
- Added pickup fail safe for workstations, that checks fuel, tools, output and queue (all must be empty)
- Now can pick up: Storage Box
- Now can pick up without Land Claim Block: Campfire, Chemistry Station
- Removed exploitative shapes from Storage Variant Helper block
- Removed Impact Driver duplicate vanilla recipe
- Repairing Minigun now requires Advanced Repair Kit
- Reduced Greatsword sneak damage by 75%
- Plastic Bottles each scrap into 1 Scrap Plastic
- Converted LootContainer PatchScripts to Harmony
- Fixed search not updating when opening another container
- Fixed Steel Pickaxe Schematic recipe having old icon
- Fixed Brick scrap amount having assigned incorrect value
- Fixed Scrap Pickaxe not being craftable or researchable
- Fixed Bone Club not scaling with Club Quality Research
- Fixed Valkyrie Drill crafting recipe not scaling resource cost with quality
- Fixed houseFrontDoor1_v2 giving hinges when being wrenched or destroyed
- Fixed FAR-1 Rifle having incorrect Reflex Sight Mod model assigned

For crafting purposes, how can you get ahold of "Old Salvaged Board"s? Some extra mod stuff I have on uses that for crafting which I'm guessing replaces normal wood but I'm not sure how to actually get any, or can you not?

Also, since you need the artisan table to make a furnace, but you need the furnace to make clay brick... I'm not sure how to get clay brick to make an artisan table? How do you get the clay brick first?

Edited by KinaUndead (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, KinaUndead said:

For crafting purposes, how can you get ahold of "Old Salvaged Board"s? Some extra mod stuff I have on uses that for crafting which I'm guessing replaces normal wood but I'm not sure how to actually get any, or can you not?

Also, since you need the artisan table to make a furnace, but you need the furnace to make clay brick... I'm not sure how to get clay brick to make an artisan table? How do you get the clay brick first?

Old Salvaged Boards is vanilla resourceWood, that is not used in Undead Legacy. You need to add a recipe to make them if you want that modlet to be compatible with UL.

As for clay bricks, equip a pickaxe and go smash some pallets that have dark red bricks on them, they give bricks and not stone ;)

2021.04.04 - 2.3.15 Experimental ready
- Added Potassium Ore item
- Converted XUiC_MapArea PatchScripts to Harmony
- Converted XUiC_RequiredItemStack PatchScripts to Harmony
- Increased allowed sound channels for custom gun gunfire from 6 to 30
- Fixed player not slowed down after Steroids expire when movement forward key is not released

2021.04.05 - 2.3.16 Experimental ready
- Converted AnimatorRangedReloadState, HandleRemoveAmmo PatchScripts to Harmony
- Converted ItemActionAttack, ItemActionRanged, XUiView PatchScripts to Harmony
- Converted recipe filtering PatchScripts to Harmony
- Removed PatchScript dependency for XUiC_OptionsVideo controller
- Reduced PatchScript dependency for defining custom key bindings
- Fixed Scrap Shovel not giving related action skill experience
- Fixed scrapping, selling or modifying weapons not returning ammo to inventory
- Fixed missing localization for inpActDebugScreenshotName
- Fixed UI Background Opacity setting not affecting trader UI
- Fixed UI Background Opacity setting not affecting campfire and chemistry station UI