[MOD] SIRMOD v5 - By Sirillion

Sirillion

SIRMOD v5.64 by Sirillion

Custom HUD for 7 Days to Die - A14.5(b3)

DISCLAIMER:

The files contained within this archive might break your game, always backup the original game files, saves, and/or other mod files before installing.

This mod should be fully compatible with scaling. If you find it to be otherwise please inform me via the forumthread where you got this mod.

DEDICATED SERVER:

Due to the current nature of the buffmod used in SIRMOD a dedicated server running with this mod installed will probably crash clients when they exit the server. This issue is under investigation. Until I can solve this issue I have added the old buff frame in a commented section which can be enabled in windows.xml but remember to comment the new frames before activating. Details are to be found in windows.xml.

CONTENTS:

This archive contains 7 files

XUi\windows.xml (mandatory)

XUi\controls.xml (mandatory)

XUi\styles.xml (mandatory)

instructions.txt (this file)

entityclasses.xml (optional)

sounds.xml (optional)

xui.xml (mandatory)

PLEASE NOTE:

Not using the optional files will not affect the look of the mod, you should only install these if you want to use the features they provide. All other files are mandatory for the mod to work.

CHANGES:

- Updated for A14.5(b3)

FEATURES:

- Re-positioned day/time display.

- Heightened Toolbar with numbering to the slots.

- Increased character information in the hud.

- Level and XP display.

- Food and Water bars.

- No Thirst and Hunger buff nag.

- Improved buffdispay with buffname and duration.

- Compass now has a more rectangular design.

- Quest Tracker remade to fit better with the overall design.

OPTIONAL FEATURES:

- Removed the (annoying) sound from the Refridgerators. (sounds.xml)

- Removed the (annoying) sound from the Neon Signs. (sounds.xml)

- Enabled the map ping for the supply drop when within 200 blocks. (entityclasses.xml)

- Increased the time dead bodies stay in the world after death for zombies to 180s, up from 60s. For better time to loot the dead. (entityclasses.xml)

- Increased the time dead bodies stay in the world after death for animals to 360s, up from 120s. I am sure I am not the only one not being able to harvest due to zombie attacks. (entityclasses.xml)

- Air Drop location will show up on the map when close enough. (entityclasses.xml)

- Minibike location will show up on the map when close enough. (entityclasses.xml)

UPCOMING FEATURES:

- SIRMOD v6.

HOW TO INSTALL:

- Extract archive contents, then copy the contents to your 7 Days To Die\Data\Config folder, keep the directory structure.

- This should prompt an overwrite for some files, say yes.

Hopefully you find this mod to your liking and you get to enjoy it as much as I did making it, if you have any suggestions or criticism please do not hesitate to get back to me.

-S

DOWNLOAD & SCREEN

sirmod_v5_61.jpg.90735dc74ea9a2cdc3fd4c1972d4b7a6.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Hi, and thanks.

Great to hear that you enjoy my mod. Always nice to get feedback :)

I will keep modding as long as I enjoy it and the game. And of course the user base also plays a factor ;)

In fact I plan to release v5.1 tomorrow as I was not happy with the look of v5.

Check out this screen for v5.1.

-S

Just a small suggestion and IDK if others will agree but might I suggest that you move the level bar down to just above the thirst and stamina bars or possibly between the toolbelt and the message notifications of wellness etc.

Would be good to know what others think about this too. But all in all this is looking pretty good. Good work Sirillion! :)

Also can you use a different upload site, may I suggest Github, I can not download the file.

ESET Smart Security

Access denied

Details:

Web page: http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=06913824096969424736&t=0691382409696942473647928

Comment: Access to the web page was blocked by ESET Smart Security. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

@np - The day / time label is handled different from other labels. But I will look into a way to get that done.

@co - Thank you. I had the bar down there in my initial mod. Then I changed it around a bit and I am fairly happy with the new placement. I can however check it out and maybe just leave the code in there commented so that whoever wants to change between the positions can do so.

I will also look into the hosting situation. I use tiny because it tracks the number of downloads. Will look into this tonight. In the meantime you can get it down by disabling the AV.

-S

Good job Sirillion!

As you are to realease a new update, is it possible to add a notification where you have any piece of armor with low durability (<25%).

I dont like the position of the level + xp bar, maybe if you move it to the bottom, between the toolbelt and the ammo.

Awesome, I think that just having it commented out is a great idea so that people can easily make that change anytime they want.

Also you can just use https://bitly.com/ to shorten your download link and it will keep track of the number of downloads for you that way you can use any upload site you want, I highly recommend dropbox or Github they both allow you to update your files while maintaining the same link. :)

Bad news, I will not be able to finish up v5.1 tonight as I have to go back to work for a while.

You will be pleased to know that I fixed the font coloring. I also made a few templates for the level/xp display.

The new templates will allow those willing to edit xml a few options ... some examples:

1. As seen in screenshot.

2. Level as in screenshot, no xp bar.

3. Level as in screenshot, xp bar over toolbelt.

4. Xp bar over toolbelt, no level.

5. Level and xp bar over toolbelt.

Thats about as far as I got before I ran out of time. I will try to mop it up tomorrow evening.

I will also look into the durability thing.

-S

@np - The day / time label is handled different from other labels. But I will look into a way to get that done.

Ahh, this is true, sorry. I forgot about that. I'll check to see if there is a way to handle that. To clarify, we are just talking about the font of Day: and the font of Time:, not their outputs. That would be a whole different mess. ;)

- np

Ahh, this is true, sorry. I forgot about that. I'll check to see if there is a way to handle that. To clarify, we are just talking about the font of Day: and the font of Time:, not their outputs. That would be a whole different mess. ;)

- np

Already handled ;)

-S

hey, so the mod works fine in sp. but on my lan SurvivalMp with my roommate when i open a campfire or forge, and then my friend tries, he gets red texts in his console ,... he has to hit the forge.campfire to open it....

but then we've lost coal due to this i opened the forge after he did and all the fuel vanished..

i tried using the sirmodds folder... now i can't get into my survivalmp game :(

also when i launched 7dtd the game said i wasn't logged in in steam... but i am >.<

Bring back? I am not sure I follow. It should be there in the buff notification window.

-S

nvm, i saw you have brought that back :)

ps: ive switched back to v4 for now since that one works fine on Lan survivalmp. :)

hey, so the mod works fine in sp. but on my lan SurvivalMp with my roommate when i open a campfire or forge, and then my friend tries, he gets red texts in his console ,... he has to hit the forge.campfire to open it....

but then we've lost coal due to this i opened the forge after he did and all the fuel vanished..

i tried using the sirmodds folder... now i can't get into my survivalmp game :(

also when i launched 7dtd the game said i wasn't logged in in steam... but i am >.<

nvm, i saw you have brought that back :)

ps: ive switched back to v4 for now since that one works fine on Lan survivalmp. :)

Hi,

I will look into this. You've done everything according to the instructions?

-S

Hi,

I will look into this. You've done everything according to the instructions?

-S

yuppers :! quadruple checked.

if i play online on the SurvivalMP (LAN) world we play on at home, everything is fine, but when my roommate joins he doesn't get the hud, nor the extra slots and the forge, campfire go haywire on us >.<! although he gets to see on the map where the airdrops/supply crates are ...

if i play online on the SurvivalMP (LAN) world we play on at home, everything is fine, but when my roommate joins he doesn't get the hud, nor the extra slots and the forge, campfire go haywire on us >.<! although he gets to see on the map where the airdrops/supply crates are ...

This is on normal multi or dedicated server? Either way, when playing multi you will need to use the sirmodds files so that the forge, queue and buff mods are disabled. The easiest way to do this is to open the xui.xml file and edit the path that the file uses from sirmod to sirmodds. Do not copy or move files around.

-S

most issues happen because the client is not installed correctly - my mod edits alot and you can just drop all files in the server and in the client and everything is good, so might be just not installed correctly, just double check and make sure.

This is on normal multi or dedicated server? Either way, when playing multi you will need to use the sirmodds files so that the forge, queue and buff mods are disabled. The easiest way to do this is to open the xui.xml file and edit the path that the file uses from sirmod to sirmodds. Do not copy or move files around.

-S

not on a server... its Survival MP, at home over our LAN, 2 players.

i've gotten my friend to have the exact same config files as me, we're gonna' test this out in a few.

most issues happen because the client is not installed correctly - my mod edits a lot and you can just drop all files in the server and in the client and everything is good, so might be just not installed correctly, just double check and make sure.

client has refreshed all 28 config files this morning, then i added the sirmod 5.0 n the unofficial .xml fixes, (excepth the recipes one) and installed the same files into my friends laptop just now. texting it out.

Archived