[MOD] SIRMOD v5 - By Sirillion

Sirillion

@Devidian

Ooo, very nice :)

I am happy to see you enjoy the mod so much you put it on your dedicated. Do you mind if I put information for it up in the OP for people to find?

If anyone else is running this mod on dedicated servers and want me to advertise it in the OP please do not hesitate to post in this thread :)

-S

You seem to have mastered the gui xml files, I wonder if you could write a program that displays a wysiwyg of the hud, then you could add/remove color and resize windows, and finally save your preference to the proper XMLs.

...and by "you", I mean anyone who can program. :)

You seem to have mastered the gui xml files, I wonder if you could write a program that displays a wysiwyg of the hud, then you could add/remove color and resize windows, and finally save your preference to the proper XMLs.

...and by "you", I mean anyone who can program. :)

Hi,

Interesting idea, and I would love to have such an option myself. I am however not the man for this ... anyone else?

Also, SIRMOD is featured, together with Unofficial XML Fixes, in today's 7DTD video from Games4Kickz ... check on the link to his YouTube channel in the OP.

-S

im still using this hud, after trying all the available hud mods ^^ :)

Hehe, glad to hear you like it :)

I was pondering to start work on v6 this week but news of A14's release hit me this weekend so I will wait until that is out, then patch v5.4 to fit A14 before starting something new.

-S

@Devidian

Ooo, very nice :)

I am happy to see you enjoy the mod so much you put it on your dedicated. Do you mind if I put information for it up in the OP for people to find?

If anyone else is running this mod on dedicated servers and want me to advertise it in the OP please do not hesitate to post in this thread :)

-S

No i don'T mind just add it :D

Hi,

Interesting idea, and I would love to have such an option myself. I am however not the man for this ... anyone else?

Also, SIRMOD is featured, together with Unofficial XML Fixes, in today's 7DTD video from Games4Kickz ... check on the link to his YouTube channel in the OP.

-S

I could do such things (as i'm a web developer) but the problem is i dont have time for something like this currently :(

• 4 weeks later...

Day/Time Not showing up

First of all Sirillion great mod, just started testing the mods in game, and applied a few besides yours : Backpack Expansion, Mini-Bike Storage x2 & x3 and Navezhattan, I did change the scale in the XUI.xml top row from 1.255 to 1.155 so the Backpack exp would look right.

Only 2 problems can't see the Day, Time of Day nor Level, XP display, all else is perfect, including a screenshot so you can see what I mean, any suggestions?

Thank you :joyous:

2016-03-06_00001.thumb.jpg.3f9db04ccc6fc14821100f771f2c1056.jpg

First of all Sirillion great mod, just started testing the mods in game, and applied a few besides yours : Backpack Expansion, Mini-Bike Storage x2 & x3 and Navezhattan, I did change the scale in the XUI.xml top row from 1.255 to 1.155 so the Backpack exp would look right.

Only 2 problems can't see the Day, Time of Day nor Level, XP display, all else is perfect, including a screenshot so you can see what I mean, any suggestions?

Thank you :joyous:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13437[/ATTACH]

Hi,

This is strange, the mod should work with scaling as is.

But here is what you do.

Open styles.xml

Find this section

<style name="HUDLeftInfo.window" type="window">
	<style_entry name="pos" value="9,50"/>
	<style_entry name="size" value="400,400"/>
	<style_entry name="anchor" value="LeftTop"/>
</style>

Then play around with the pos value. But don't overdo it as you will get the compass texture in the frame if you stretch it too far. The "9" is the value from the edge of the screen and the "50" is from the top.

I do think that this should solve it for you, but I find it strange that it disappeared in the first place, then again ... you never know with these things :)

Hope it helps.

-S

Hi,

This is strange, the mod should work with scaling as is.

But here is what you do.

Open styles.xml

Find this section

<style name="HUDLeftInfo.window" type="window">
       <style_entry name="size" value="400,400"/>
       <style_entry name="anchor" value="LeftTop"/>
   </style>

Then play around with the pos value. But don't overdo it as you will get the compass texture in the frame if you stretch it too far. The "9" is the value from the edge of the screen and the "50" is from the top.

I do think that this should solve it for you, but I find it strange that it disappeared in the first place, then again ... you never know with these things :)

Hope it helps.

-S

Tried a bunch of combinations, last tried was "100,250" and no go, the level info don't really care so much, but the time of day and day kinda needed lol , and really like the food and water displayed as it should be! any other suggestions? meanwhile I'll revert back to normal hud size to see if it shows up.

I see ... hmmm, you can try and revert the styles.xml back to normal then edit the windows.xml and try to move the grid instead.

Open windows.xml

Find this line (search for "topLeftInfo", there is only one)

<grid name="topLeftInfo" pos="0,-59" rows="2" cols="1" width="400" cell_width="400" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false">

Try changing the pos value on that line and see if that helps. Might be that the grid comes off screen when the scale changes and then the entire grid would disappear.

If that doesn't do it you should try and revert the scale back to "normal" and see if it comes back and we take it from there.

-S

I see ... hmmm, you can try and revert the styles.xml back to normal then edit the windows.xml and try to move the grid instead.

Open windows.xml

Find this line (search for "topLeftInfo", there is only one)

<grid name="topLeftInfo" pos="0,-59" rows="2" cols="1" width="400" cell_width="400" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false">

Try changing the pos value on that line and see if that helps. Might be that the grid comes off screen when the scale changes and then the entire grid would disappear.

If that doesn't do it you should try and revert the scale back to "normal" and see if it comes back and we take it from there.

-S

On a hunch was actually doing that on that line of code, but no go, but I also noticed something, my compass is squared, not nice and rounded like on your screen, guessing another of the mods is affecting it somehow?

Update: Reverted back to normal still the same, all the rest shows uo is just the day info and the compass squared out.

On a hunch was actually doing that on that line of code, but no go, but I also noticed something, my compass is squared, not nice and rounded like on your screen, guessing another of the mods is affecting it somehow?

Update: Reverted back to normal still the same, all the rest shows uo is just the day info and the compass squared out.

Hi again,

I changed the compass to be square to fit more in line with the rest of the design in the last revision, I just was too lazy to update the screens.

I think I know whats wrong, open the xui.xml file and check that you have my file and not another mods.

Look for this section

<window_group name="compass">
		<window name="windowCompass"/>
		<window name="HUDLeftInfo"/>
	</window_group>

The line with "HUDLeftInfo" needs to be there for it to show up.

-S

Yeah, all there with all your instructions and comments on the file, should i send you a copy of my modded xml files so you can see if there is something conflicting?

I know your probably busy, so no problem if you can't :shame:

Sure, upload a rar and send me a link and I will look into it. Probably won't happen tonight though.

-S

elpuertorro try this.

In styles.xml

change line 411 from....

<style_entry name="pos" value="100,250"/>

to...

In windows.xml

change line 230 from...

<grid name="topLeftInfo" pos="9,50" rows="2" cols="1" width="400" cell_width="400" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false">

to...

Let me know how that works out.

Archived