[MOD] SIRMOD v5 - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Argh, I completely forgot the main point: When connecting to the server, there are no quests. The beginning quest (8 stages) doesn't show. The console shows the following:

INF Received config file 'quests' from server. Len: 18846

WRN Missing cleanup for XML: quests

When I disconnect with the client I get the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

And of course no menu, console just shows the error, and I must kill the process. I'll test next with vanilla to make sure it isn't a 14.1 issue.

@Tritox - I am not sure I follow. If you look at my latest version the buff list is populated from the top. Do you mean you want it populated from the bottom? I have actually done quite a lot of head banging trying to get it to populate from the bottom myself also but haven't managed to crack it just yet.

Yup, that's what I meant. I'm kind of hoping there exists some attribute for the grid-element which simply would do the trick but the lil'bastard refuses to show himself. :)

Yup, that's what I meant. I'm kind of hoping there exists some attribute for the grid-element which simply would do the trick but the lil'bastard refuses to show himself. :)

I think I finally got it! As in how to reverse the order how buffs are displayed. The solution is far from elegant BUT I'm fairly sure I just solved the damn puzzle. On the upside, at least no controls.xml modifications are needed anymore.

I think I finally got it! As in how to reverse the order how buffs are displayed. The solution is far from elegant BUT I'm fairly sure I just solved the damn puzzle. On the upside, at least no controls.xml modifications are needed anymore.

Please do share :)

Basically, what I did I created manually what the grid-element creates when it invokes the ActiveBuffList-controller and reversed the buff order via positioning. So I turned this:

<grid name="buffs" rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-43" cell_width="314" cell_height="45" repeat_content="true" controller="ActiveBuffList">
<active_buff_entry />
</grid>

into this:

<rect name="buffs" controller="ActiveBuffList" pos="0,0">

<!-- Active buff #1 -->
<panel pos="0,-86" width="168" height="40" controller="ActiveBuffEntry" disableautobackground="true" >
	<sprite name="backgroundMain" color="[transparent]" />
	<sprite name="background" color="[transparent]" />
	<sprite depth="2" pos="4,-4" name="Icon" sprite="{BuffIcon|once}" style="icon32px" />
	<label depth="2" pos="46,-11" width="126" height="18" color="[white]" text="{BuffDisplayInfo}" font_size="18" pivot="topleft" effect="outline" />
</panel>

<!-- Active buff #2 -->
<panel pos="0,-43" width="168" height="40" controller="ActiveBuffEntry" disableautobackgroeund="true" >
	<sprite depth="2" pos="4,-4" name="Icon" sprite="{BuffIcon|once}" style="icon32px" />
	<label depth="2" pos="46,-11" width="126" height="18" color="[white]" text="{BuffDisplayInfo}" font_size="18" pivot="topleft" effect="outline" />
</panel>

<!-- Active buff #3 -->
<panel pos="0,0" width="168" height="40" controller="ActiveBuffEntry" disableautobackgroeund="true" >
</panel>

etc.

</rect>

and I placed it into a new window calling the ActiveBuffWindow-controller and coupled it with the elements which are required by the controller:

<button name="pageDown" pos="99999,99999" width="1" height="1" />
<label name="pageNumber" pos="99999,99999" width="1" height="1" />
<button name="pageUp" pos="99999,99999" width="1" height="1" />

As said, with that gimmick, there's no need for the custom control in the controls.xml since basically you have created the controls for each buff individually.

Rather ironically and after struggling for several hours more, I came to the conclusion I'm not sure will that solution benefit me despite I got it cracked. :D This is because it seems it's impossible to add any backgrounds to those active buffs: if you add a background, it will show even if there isn't any active buff visible (basically the icon sprite and the buff label are the only elements which visibilities are toggled).

So without any active buffs the above coupled with some background element would result three visible sprites in the UI without any content in them and that's rather big no no for me. I could entirely leave the backgrounds out, but then the buffs can become somewhat hard to see in bright areas.

If you somehow manage to bolt something to the icon sprite to make it more visible, do tell, I tried that without any results. That would probably be enough as you can add the outline-attribute to the label...

Hope this helps and my explanation wasn't from some other planet. :p

@gozer - I am uploading a new version within a few minutes.

@Tritox - Did you test this with a local dedicated server to see if it invokes a crash with the ActiveBuffList controller upon exit? Also, you can try adding a background via the following code unless already tested:

<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" height="43" width="162" pivot="center" flip="Horizontally" color="[transparent]" />"

-S

@Tritox - Did you test this with a local dedicated server to see if it invokes a crash with the ActiveBuffList controller upon exit? Also, you can try adding a background via the following code unless already tested:

<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" height="43" width="162" pivot="center" flip="Horizontally" color="[transparent]" />"

-S

I didn't but I did now and sadly it does generate the error in question as well. Well, even more reasons not to implement that change. :|

Thanks for the update! Still having this quit errors :(

You can edit the windows.xml file and remove the new buff frames and uncomment the standard frames if you like. That will give you back the standard buff frames and probably remove the error :)

Instructions in the OP. Tell me if you have issues and I can put up an extra windows.xml file in the download folder.

-S

You can edit the windows.xml file and remove the new buff frames and uncomment the standard frames if you like. That will give you back the standard buff frames and probably remove the error :)

Instructions in the OP. Tell me if you have issues and I can put up an extra windows.xml file in the download folder.

-S

Personally I perused the windows.xml and it was incredibly straight forward on how to switch between the two. Good job on providing a workaround and documenting accordingly!

It would be really nice to have more than one quest tracking on the screen at once. I looked at the windows.xml file and it is geared towards tracking the active quest and you can only have one active quest at a time. Would it be possible to show all quests on screen so we can track the "kill 5 pigs", "kill special zombies", "kill women zombies" quests and see the progress realtime all at once?

-S

should not be the problem for me, just thought you had a fix already that doesnt need to remove / comment it

should not be the problem for me, just thought you had a fix already that doesnt need to remove / comment it

I don't think this can be fixed by other than a Pimp to be honest. The only fix I can provide is the alternative version.

The reason I have the buffmod is that I prefer the look of it over the standard frames.

-S

I used some of Sirillion's code and reworked part of it. Its not everything that was originally in Sirillions mod but it was enough to get me back to functional. Sorry Sirillion, not trying to step on any toes, just hard to play without your UI mod. Some stuff is still broken like the color of the stats bars and player level and clock, but it isn't throwing errors in 14.3. It runs on stock everything except the windows.xml located in the XUI folder just has to be replaced. I'm currently running 1920x1080, so I don't know if the locations of all of the items will match for anyone who uses it.

Link

Just trying to help....

Good morning all,

SIRMOD v5.63 for A14.3(8) is up.

As I kinda just did this half asleep I haven't gotten around to do any extensive testing but as far as I can see now all functions are restored and all A14.3(b8) additions are intact.

Enjoy!

-S

I LOVE this mod

In the last two versions of it though, I'm having a small issue. I run a dedicated server for my house on the same PC that I also run my client, this way I can log off and the game keeps running for my crew. Recently I noticed that I get an error when logging off the server and the others in the house do too. It's a null reference error about creating a reference that is not a valid instance of an Object.. I'm sure you've seen the red lines in the console before. It doesn't seem to effect gameplay, only you cant get back to the menu after you quit the server.

I'm not asking you to make any special fixed edition, but if you do find the spot where this bug is hiding, let me know so I can fix it in the files myself. THANKS

In the last two versions of it though, I'm having a small issue. I run a dedicated server for my house on the same PC that I also run my client, this way I can log off and the game keeps running for my crew. Recently I noticed that I get an error when logging off the server and the others in the house do too. It's a null reference error about creating a reference that is not a valid instance of an Object.. I'm sure you've seen the red lines in the console before. It doesn't seem to effect gameplay, only you cant get back to the menu after you quit the server.

I'm not asking you to make any special fixed edition, but if you do find the spot where this bug is hiding, let me know so I can fix it in the files myself. THANKS

This is a known issue and posted on the first page:

DEDICATED SERVER:

Due to the current nature of the buffmod used in SIRMOD a dedicated server running with this mod installed will probably crash clients when they exit the server. This issue is under investigation. Until I can solve this issue I have added the old buff frame in a commented section which can be enabled in windows.xml but remember to comment the new frames before activating. Details are to be found in windows.xml.

Archived