[MOD] SIRMOD v5 - By Sirillion

Sirillion

This is a known issue and posted on the first page:

DEDICATED SERVER:

Due to the current nature of the buffmod used in SIRMOD a dedicated server running with this mod installed will probably crash clients when they exit the server. This issue is under investigation. Until I can solve this issue I have added the old buff frame in a commented section which can be enabled in windows.xml but remember to comment the new frames before activating. Details are to be found in windows.xml.

YAY, thanks this solved that pesky null referenced error and crash on exit of server.. Thanks!

Btw we are running 14.4

Good to hear that it is working for you.

I am not sure what got updated in 14.4 as I am at work at the moment and cannot check what has changed in the files. But I am fairly sure that the current version of SIRMOD will work.

I will update the mod to the latest xml's when I come home from work ... in about 5 hours or so.

-S

Good to hear that it is working for you.

I am not sure what got updated in 14.4 as I am at work at the moment and cannot check what has changed in the files. But I am fairly sure that the current version of SIRMOD will work.

I will update the mod to the latest xml's when I come home from work ... in about 5 hours or so.

-S

I just connected to my server when i arrived at work (i was a bit earlier today) and when ls -l is correct there are no changes in the files (no date changes)

First off thanks for the great work on this mod! have been using this soooo much on both SP and MP.

But as of now (14.4) It works in SP but not on my server in MP :(

You wrote something about dedicated servers and servers overall and i should change something in the windows xml file right? to get this working in MP, But i opened the file and found lines like "uncomment to use in dedicated" or "comment to use in dedciated" etc etc etc. but i still dont know what to do here, Just comment something random or something specific? and where? Sorry but i am a big noon when it comes to xml files and editing such files.

Thanks in advance for any help i get :)

Hi. I am at work at the moment but I will try to help you as best I can.

To comment something you need to add <!-- at the start and --> at the end of a section.

To comment a section you need to make sure that everything between and including <window> and </window> in the section is within the previously mentioned brackets.

To uncomment you remove the brackets.

Hope it helps you.

-S

Sirillion, did you have any other changes to the controls.xml than the customized active_buff_entry control?

If not, I'm just wondering seeing today's patch changed this particular file that would it be easier for you as well to copy the control's content directly into the grid-element containing the active buffs in the windows.xml? This way you'd have one file less in the archive and one file less to update when the Pimps update the game? :)

Sirillion, did you have any other changes to the controls.xml than the customized active_buff_entry control?

If not, I'm just wondering seeing today's patch changed this particular file that would it be easier for you as well to copy the control's content directly into the grid-element containing the active buffs in the windows.xml? This way you'd have one file less in the archive and one file less to update when the Pimps update the game? :)

Hi,

No I only have the buff section there, so it is a fairly easy fix :)

I will consider the change though as it would be good with one less file but thats for a future version I think.

Thanks though :)

-S

There will be a delay before I am able to update this. I will probably get around to it this evening but I have basically been living at work the last two days so right now I will prioritize some family time with my daughter before bed time :)

So, bear with me a few more hours please :)

-S

I just use my favorite tool filezilla and upload the files into the correct directory "[/home/sdtd]/engine/Data/Config/" and then start my server again, everything works fine. Only the "./XUi/windows.xml" needs a little modification (just download the extra file from Sirillion) so that nobody gets errors when quitting the server.

There is nothing special... even if you dont change the windows.xml it should run and only cause error on quit.

Archived