[MOD] SIRMOD v5 - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Woot! .. downloading now, thanks!

Not sure if you can, but maybe you want to update the Title of the OP to reflect 5.1..

Not able to edit the title for some reason.

How is the mod treating you? I didn't test it as much as I would have liked, hope there are not too many issues.

-S

not on a server... its Survival MP, at home over our LAN, 2 players.

i've gotten my friend to have the exact same config files as me, we're gonna' test this out in a few.

client has refreshed all 28 config files this morning, then i added the sirmod 5.0 n the unofficial .xml fixes, (excepth the recipes one) and installed the same files into my friends laptop just now. texting it out.

You install both Sirmod and the unofficial xml mods? Do you overwrite any files that comes with the mod when doing that?

-S

I install the fixes first, then I install your mod overwriting the xml fixes, i know the recipes fixes don't get loaded because of this. although there is like only a few minor recipe fixes made so I'm not worried.

Ahh, ok. Well, that shouldn't do anything to the function of my mod. If it were the other way around though, that would probably be bad. I don't know the xml fixes mod all that well though.

Have the issues resolved themselves for you now then?

It's important to play multiplayer in any form without the forge and crafting queue mods installed. If not it will break.

I have decided to remove those mods in the next revision and rather just leave the code in there commented so that those crafty enough can dig it back up should they really want to use it. The reason for this is all the issues they create towards multiplayer games.

It should be fine to switch between the mods for single and multi but I did get a console error when switching once, then I just tried to start it again and it worked.

I would however love to get more feedback from more people on whats working and what isn't so that I can work out the kinks. So to those that decides to test my mod, please come back and make a post if you encounter anything I should know about :)

-S

Good evening,

v5.2 is up with some minor fixes and changes.

- More dead bodies will stay longer in the world. Missed a few in v5.1.

- Removed the extra fuel slots. (can be re-enabled if you edit the file)

- Removed the extra crafting slots. (can also be re-enabled if you edit the file)

- Now based on files from Unofficial XML Fixes mod by Clockwork Orange to make it fully compatible with that mod.

-S

@Sirillion -> ok so i'm trying to figure out how to enable the extra crafting queue slots in the campfire, forge and my crafting inventory ? you've wrote "comment this section to enable" and "enable this section".... i've checked and hmm..... the noob in me cannot figure out what to do exactly :( could you help me please ? :)

@Sirillion -> ok so i'm trying to figure out how to enable the extra crafting queue slots in the campfire, forge and my crafting inventory ? you've wrote "comment this section to enable" and "enable this section".... i've checked and hmm..... the noob in me cannot figure out what to do exactly :( could you help me please ? :)

confirmed, my savegame is unplayable and i think it is due to the fuel/crafting slots being reduced... basically i load the game and it stays on the "click to begin" screen but without the message to click and my console goes haywire with red messages :(

confirmed, my savegame is unplayable and i think it is due to the fuel/crafting slots being reduced... basically i load the game and it stays on the "click to begin" screen but without the message to click and my console goes haywire with red messages :(

To comment a section you have to add the <!-- --> part, everything between those are commented. To uncomment you remove it.

I got a console error when switching from one to the other while testing, but this happened only once. When I restarted the game and tried again it worked. I removed the fuel and crafting slots for this particular reason, that they seem to make more of a mess than they're worth.

I advice you to get notepad++ to help with the editing, that makes things a lot easier :)

Go into the windows.xml file, search for "windowFuel" and then remove the <!-- at the top and the --> at the bottom between that modified code start and end, that will reactivate that part of the mod.

Then you will have to add <!-- and --> at the same spots in the windowFuel section below it.

Same goes for the crafting queue, search for "windowsCraftingQueue" and do the same there in both sections.

You will also need to do the same with "windowCraftingList" so that it will be reduced with 2 rows.

I hope that helps you.

-S

To comment a section you have to add the <!-- --> part, everything between those are commented. To uncomment you remove it.

I got a console error when switching from one to the other while testing, but this happened only once. When I restarted the game and tried again it worked. I removed the fuel and crafting slots for this particular reason, that they seem to make more of a mess than they're worth.

I advice you to get notepad++ to help with the editing, that makes things a lot easier :)

Go into the windows.xml file, search for "windowFuel" and then remove the <!-- at the top and the --> at the bottom between that modified code start and end, that will reactivate that part of the mod.

Then you will have to add <!-- and --> at the same spots in the windowFuel section below it.

Same goes for the crafting queue, search for "windowsCraftingQueue" and do the same there in both sections.

You will also need to do the same with "windowCraftingList" so that it will be reduced with 2 rows.

I hope that helps you.

-S

Thanks again for your quick reply & help ! :)

Hey. Thank you for your great work on the mod. :-)

I have used some parts of it that I added to the Classic UI base for my own private use. Your UI saved me hours trying to figure out how to do things I wanted to achieve. :-)

Have you come across a way to disable the up/down arrows from above the reticule when mining/digging/etc.? That's the only thing still bothering me, and I didn't find anything resembling it on a quick scan of the XUi config files.

Hey. Thank you for your great work on the mod. :-)

I have used some parts of it that I added to the Classic UI base for my own private use. Your UI saved me hours trying to figure out how to do things I wanted to achieve. :-)

Have you come across a way to disable the up/down arrows from above the reticule when mining/digging/etc.? That's the only thing still bothering me, and I didn't find anything resembling it on a quick scan of the XUi config files.

Hi, and thanks. Glad to see that you like the mod :)

Well ... yeah, I've found some sections that I believe control that one, but I do not think it is possible to do much about it as it just points to a section in the controls.xml file and that again doesn't give much.

You can have a look for yourself though. I believe it to be the following sections:

In windows.xml

<window name="windowRadial" anchor="CenterCenter">
 <rect name="radialPanel" controller="Radial" repeat_content="true" pivot="center" count="20">
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
 </rect>
</window>

In controls.xml

<radial_entry>
 <rect controller="RadialEntry" height="75" width="75" depth="15" pivot="center" style="hover" on_press="true" highlight_color="[lightGrey]">
  <sprite height="79" width="79" color="0,0,0,128" name="border" depth="1" sprite="ui_game_filled_circle" pivot="center"/>
   <sprite color="96,96,96,192" name="background" depth="2" sprite="ui_game_filled_circle" pivot="center"/>
  <sprite height="56" width="56" color="255,255,255,255" name="icon" depth="3" foregroundlayer="true" atlas="UIAtlas" pivot="center"/>
 </rect>
</radial_entry>

Hope that helps a little :)

-S

Hi, and thanks. Glad to see that you like the mod :)

Well ... yeah, I've found some sections that I believe control that one, but I do not think it is possible to do much about it as it just points to a section in the controls.xml file and that again doesn't give much.

You can have a look for yourself though. I believe it to be the following sections:

In windows.xml

<window name="windowRadial" anchor="CenterCenter">
 <rect name="radialPanel" controller="Radial" repeat_content="true" pivot="center" count="20">
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
   <radial_entry/>
 </rect>
</window>

In controls.xml

<radial_entry>
 <rect controller="RadialEntry" height="75" width="75" depth="15" pivot="center" style="hover" on_press="true" highlight_color="[lightGrey]">
  <sprite height="79" width="79" color="0,0,0,128" name="border" depth="1" sprite="ui_game_filled_circle" pivot="center"/>
   <sprite color="96,96,96,192" name="background" depth="2" sprite="ui_game_filled_circle" pivot="center"/>
  <sprite height="56" width="56" color="255,255,255,255" name="icon" depth="3" foregroundlayer="true" atlas="UIAtlas" pivot="center"/>
 </rect>
</radial_entry>

Hope that helps a little :)

-S

Tested it, and sadly that isn't it. It is the radial menu for doors and probably also minibikes (didn't actually test).

I am working on some new frames at the moment ... don't know how I feel about them yet though, any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13094[/ATTACH]

-S

For readability's sake, the originals or your previous version were better. Same for usability. This version would be a step backwards in my opinion.

For readability's sake, the originals or your previous version were better. Same for usability. This version would be a step backwards in my opinion.

Yes, I've arrived at the same conclusion ... I will however still keep tinkering with some of the frames to see if I can come up with something but it will be hard as I kinda like the frames but I also want to see if I can make something new out of it :)

-S

Hi all,

SIRMOD is updated for A13.7(b9) - v5.4 is up, get it while it's hot!

I would do a File Verification in Steam to get fully stock files. I don't think it is critical but I advice it.

Looks like the pimps also fixed the issues with Dedicated Servers.

-S

Is it possible that now the dedicated server needs the files ? I just updated for 13.7 and checkt my dedicated - no UI changes, chekced local - sirmod there. Now i uploaded the xml to my dedicated and connected again - yeha sirmod! ;)

Good morning.

Yes, this is correct. The mod has to be installed on the dedicated server to work there noe. :)

-S

Archived