How many dew collectors do you have?

ElCabong

33 minutes ago, Maharin said:

Does that make you a horder?  :p

Yes, and in two ways. Firstly, I have a horde base connected to my crafting base and secondly, I firmly believe that the optimal amount of storage boxes is n+1 😁

15 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Yes, and in two ways. Firstly, I have a horde base connected to my crafting base and secondly, I firmly believe that the optimal amount of storage boxes is n+1 😁

Whored Horde hoarder.

8. All fully stocked, and stopped harvesting them 2 weeks ago, after making enough glue and tape to last a year. about 1k of each, and uhm, repair kits is not a problem either..

Never had any problems with screamers, but I also know how they work.

if you are looking to spawn them, you need to trigger the heatmap. you can do that every 21 minutes or so. heat goes to 25% and a dice is rolled on wether you get screamers or not. Either you get them, or you dont. Then it starts a cooldown timer, where you can produce as much heat as you like, but it wont work, since the cooldown period is when the heatmap goes towards 0%, and while doing that, it does not accumulate. For more precise info, go search youtube about it 🙂

Usually NONE as soon as I am able to craft a sink from my mod "plumbed in water solutions" 😅😂

But if you ask in a vanilla un-moded single player game, I usually stay at 2 fully upgraded, and I have never found myself short on water. That might be because I always loot and keep murky water I found when exploring or doing quests. If you are one of those persons that goes directly after the final loot and ignore everything else then I guess you might need more? But for me, 2 is the most I have ever need. 

Only 1 so far. This is my first 7dtd game since Alpha 20 (and only on day 7), so dew collectors are new to me.

Got really lucky on day 2 and found the helmet filter mod so have been able to use all looted/dew-collected bottles for glue & an occasional tea.

Expecting to add more collectors as I usually do a fair bit of crafting and will need lots of glue.

Fwiw, I'm trying vanilla, and have made it to first horde, but man... haven't really played vanilla in a long time, and now I'm remembering why, heh.

Can't say I'm a fan of the dew collectors mechanic as the be-all end-all. Much preferred the early Alphas use of fillable & boilable tin cans. Glass jars were always a stretch to realism for me, and likewise, now, the lack of reasonable access to use lake/river/ditch water for cooking/crafting grates on me brain.

I'd like to see something like; 1) make a bucket 2) fill the bucket at water source 3a) boil the bucket, or 3b) pour the bucket into a filter setup where clean water drips into another bucket, so no heat generated. Boiling for early game, filtering for later game; maybe a 1w x 2tall block crafting station where you craft it w 1 filter, then can add more for higher flow rates.

While I do like the dew collector mechanic, in general (and if it & looting weren't the only ways to get cook/craft water), I can't figure out the reasoning for the output to be murky water. By that I mean isn't murky water now only used as input to boil into clean water? As I recall (could be wrong) main use for murky water used to be to make glue. So that recipe was reviewed & changed, and whatever else used murky water as an input, other than clean water of course. So why keep murky water around? Guess its for the time/chore/heat of boiling? Maybe to slow down glue production? Though the scarcity of water in general seems effective for that bit.

Sorry, just noodling while stuck on a call :cool:

On 9/7/2024 at 3:43 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

I have 4, don´t take any water with me when looting after day 2. Rather deal with screamers and get XP than loosing one inventory slot.

I usually jeep a stack of purified water and a good food on all my trips to loot.  I never know when I'll be going on a long looting spree.

4 collectors, it keeps me well in stock for glue and fluids. The screamers are terrific for a little XP boost here and there. I must add though that they are placed at a distance from my base that targets are an easy shot with a 2x scope (for when I just want the water and not the fight).