A15-16? Valmar's Mod Collection

Valmar

@Xyth

Sorry, just forgot to change the description. It is intended that the chicken coop will infinitely spawn spawn nests after it is first placed. The old "upgrade with feed" method is no longer used, for various reasons. Only focus on the original post in such topics. Some of these topics are quite old and have a lot of outdated info if you rely on random posts within the many pages. Only the original post is kept updated to the latest standard.

I thank you for the LightOpacity mention. I will add that.

The idea of the chicken coop is not that you are hatching a chicken egg. Rather you are luring in one of the wild chickens.

I'm glad I asked so I didn't waste time trying to get the re-feeding feature to work. If you and others can't make it work, I'm sure I can't. Never thought about luring in a chicken, but that makes sense. My concern was game economics. For little effort or materials you can spam hundreds of coops and snares and eliminate meat and feather issues permanently. Re-feeding would be a way to help control that by making the feed recipe require effort, but I probably will go with making a somewhat rare fertilized egg drop when you kill a chicken. The shopping basket ingredient should takes care of snare spamming as there is no recipe for that.

Thanks again.

Ah, I'm intrigued now. Well then, would the code I posted work or would it need tweaking?

I ran with your "catch a chicken" worldview and adjusted the snare so it occasionally catches a chicken which can then be used in a coop recipe. I couldn't reuse the chicken model so I used the sack model but I assure you there is a chicken in that sack. Also, nests have a chance to drop a chicken egg which can also be used in a separate coop recipe.

Had fun with that code, now finishing filling out the horde generation tool that I saw you used to create the spawns in the Romero mod.

It would need a bit of tweaking. The animal feed, for example, now would need to have degradation added to it. Items that repair/upgrade can not do so unless they have durability.

So this would need to added to the animalFeed that had the upgrade/repair ability from older code:

<property name="Degradation" value="125" param1="true" />

I've never used a horde generation tool. Is that referring to the google document Gazz shared a while back?

Ah, I'm intrigued now. Well then, would the code I posted work or would it need tweaking?

I ran with your "catch a chicken" worldview and adjusted the snare so it occasionally catches a chicken which can then be used in a coop recipe. I couldn't reuse the chicken model so I used the sack model but I assure you there is a chicken in that sack. Also, nests have a chance to drop a chicken egg which can also be used in a separate coop recipe.

Had fun with that code, now finishing filling out the horde generation tool that I saw you used to create the spawns in the Romero mod.

"wrong post"

- - - Updated - - -

It would need a bit of tweaking. The animal feed, for example, now would need to have degradation added to it. Items that repair/upgrade can not do so unless they have durability.

So this would need to added to the animalFeed that had the upgrade/repair ability from older code:

<property name="Degradation" value="125" param1="true" />

I've never used a horde generation tool. Is that referring to the google document Gazz shared a while back?

I tried it that way but he would have to rewrite the entire setup like I did

For some reason it wouldn't let me apply the feed to a block the auto upgrades.

If your interested I can shoot you the setup I made to look at.

Just holler at me in steam

Yes. I figured it out and am using it. Thought you used it as the file had comments in it saying it was auto-generated and I was using a Romero base file but maybe I got that file from elsewhere. Great tool, try it!

@xChudX - Thanks, will do.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back to 7DTD a few weeks back from a VERY long break ( last played was before smooth terrain was in lol). i would just like to say THANK YOU ( and any other moder that has been involved in this mod pack). The base game has come so far that I am more than impressed with the dev's and this mod pack just gives it that extra kick (imo) that ensures I will be playing it for a long time to come and will be a long time before I go on another break.

Once again

Thank You Valmar And TFP keep going and make this one of the best (if not THE best) Zombie Survival games ever released!

• 3 weeks later...
Love your stuff Valmar!

Do you have stand-a-lone mod for:

Combine station

Valmod Overhaul UI

I don't have a standalone for the combine station. However here is the relevant block.xml and xui.xml code:

blocks.xml

<block id="1941" name="workstationCombine">

<property name="Extends" value="woodTable" />

<property name="Texture" value="74" />

<property name="MaxDamage" value="50" />

<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false" />

<property name="Class" value="Workstation" />

<property class="Workstation">

<property name="Modules" value="output"/>

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Building" />

</block>

xui.xml

<window_group name="workstation_workstationCombine" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowCraftingList"/>

<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>

<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />

<window name="windowCombine" />

</window_group>

My UI is based off of Sirilions's work. You can find his original UI here: Sirillion's SMX UI Mod.

Hey Valmar, I just found this section.. Thanks for having some standalone mods. Are those updated? I would like to use a few but not crash my server. Thanks

Every mod present within this list, at the time of writing this, is compatible with the latest version of 7DTD.

I have added the item you listed for the combine station, I also added the following to recipes.

It is listed in the workbench but does not have the craft option.

any ideas what i have gotten wrong?

blocks.xml

<block id="1941" name="workstationCombine">

<property name="Extends" value="woodTable" />

<property name="Texture" value="74" />

<property name="MaxDamage" value="50" />

<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false" />

<property name="Class" value="Workstation" />

<property class="Workstation">

<property name="Modules" value="output"/>

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Building" />

</block>

xui.xml

<window_group name="workstation_workstationCombine" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowCraftingList"/>

<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>

<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />

<window name="windowCombine" />

</window_group>

recipes.xml

<recipe name="workstationCombine" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="wood" count="200"/>

<ingredient name="nail" count="10"/>

</recipe>

I have gotten it working but only if I use block 1941, how do the block ids correlate to the rest of the system?

I was trying to use 2500 range so it was above everything else i had and I could not get it working.

Also added your icon but cant get it to work.

Are all of these mods in the pack aswell?

Yes, all these and more.

I have gotten it working but only if I use block 1941, how do the block ids correlate to the rest of the system?

I was trying to use 2500 range so it was above everything else i had and I could not get it working.

Also added your icon but cant get it to work.

The block ID limit is 2046, if I recall correctly. Nothing can go higher. As long as the block ID is not taken and does not exceed that number, you're usually okay. Unless the block extends from another block, then its best to make sure it has a higher block ID than the block it extends from and is not placed in the file above the extended block.

The icon for the combine station should be present within the Valmod Pack. Note that icons do not push from servers so clients will need it installed locally to work.

• 2 weeks later...

help the noob :)

We can't add descriptions to items with the XML at the moment. So yes, would be nice, but nothing I can do about it right now.

I don't know what a "GD book" is but I assume you're referring to recipe books. The answer to this question should be detailed in the specific mod, assuming the mod uses skill books.

In short: read what you install and don't install mods blindly.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're actually using the Valmod Pack and not individual mods. In which case the Valmod Pack includes with a Valmod Guide that goes into very specific detail about everything.

Fortunately the majority of books should be pretty intuitive about what they teach. What does the Fireaxe Schematic teach? Probably not a shotgun. What does Masonry Basics teach? Probably not electric lights. What book locks down the bow and arrow? Archery of Beginners or Gardening Tool Schematics? At anyrate if there is ever doubt about what teaches what - thats what the guide is for.

hi iam able to play this great mod in 15.2 alpha? or only in 15? answeear plz iam clueles

hi iam able to play this great mod in 15.2 alpha? or only in 15? answeear plz iam clueles

I'm not sure what mod you're referring to specifically, but all my mods listed here and the Valmod Pack itself are all updated for the latest version of 7DTD at the time of writing this.

Valmod

I'm not sure what mod you're referring to specifically, but all my mods listed here and the Valmod Pack itself are all updated for the latest version of 7DTD at the time of writing this.

Oh great to heari have 15 A and in diferent section in my PC i got also 15.2 (for any case) i have download Overhaul and Expansion too and iam afraid to get any error nulls :(

apple tree bug

I started I huge apple tree farm in my base recently. I harvest apples with a steel fire axe which one hit an unharvested tree and two hit an harvested tree.

Yesterday when I do my harvesting, I accidentally hit a few harvested trees, turning those trees to 16/40 HP.

I did not cut down the tree immediately and thinking of either the tree would grow back into unharvested trees or it did stop growing (and then I would chop it down).

A few hours later I got back to the tree for the second harvest, those trees got hit turn into unharvested tree with 0/40 HP. These trees cannot be broken down by any attack by axe and fist even though their HP is 0/40. Hitting their don't change them into harvested tree and I did not get anything from the tree as well.

I also tried to dug around and below hoping to make it fall but they stay upright and floating even though it is clear unsupported from all side.

Is there anyone aware of this problem and have a quick fix on the xml file?

BTW, I realize this can be an OP tree wall to fence off any zombies if left unfixed...

Archived