V1.1 b4 EXP

17 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Why is this screen coming up when I am trying to play the game from Steam like I have done since for a very long time now.

Screenshot-1.png

I had this window pop up when the Steam servers in the Russian Federation went down, I switched to Spain and everything worked.

45 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

For the devs how about No trees in the wasteland seeing as how it's supposed to be a bombed out biome, and add place some fallen trees laying down to it ( no foliage ).

I like the burned trees in the wasteland.  If we are getting rid of anything, get rid of the iron everywhere.  😁

@ammonitia

Are you playing on line or offline? Are you playing single or multi?

The client application Your side, may be processing at a faster or
slower rate than the transport and serverside application.

The number of hops to Tracert from you to the server and back may be
timing out which desyncs the speed that you are receiving it. The more
data to process the higher the potential for transport errors.

Your router may need to be set with Ip forwarding, to your mac address,
if not it could be doing packet checking. Which causes that type of
situation also.

Hardware side solid state hd vs platter is much faster. 7 days with the
severe voxel load, vs poly is data x 64 approx. It could be something in
the app, but is more likely OSI TCP/IP Hardware or a combo that has this
effect. Processor Gpu and Ram also make a difference.

Example: Ultima online, Simple cell animations, The entire game fit on a CD.
7 days is 38 CDs approx. Everyone playing had dialup and DSL. One person came
on with a t3 professional line, The result he would come into town and kill
4 plus people, and be gone before you could press one button to say Guards.
A big orange haired character named RAGE. So you may have to look on your side
also.

1 hour ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@ammonitia

Are you playing on line or offline? Are you playing single or multi?

The client application Your side, may be processing at a faster or
slower rate than the transport and serverside application.

The number of hops to Tracert from you to the server and back may be
timing out which desyncs the speed that you are receiving it. The more
data to process the higher the potential for transport errors.

Your router may need to be set with Ip forwarding, to your mac address,
if not it could be doing packet checking. Which causes that type of
situation also.

Hardware side solid state hd vs platter is much faster. 7 days with the
severe voxel load, vs poly is data x 64 approx. It could be something in
the app, but is more likely OSI TCP/IP Hardware or a combo that has this
effect. Processor Gpu and Ram also make a difference.

Example: Ultima online, Simple cell animations, The entire game fit on a CD.
7 days is 38 CDs approx. Everyone playing had dialup and DSL. One person came
on with a t3 professional line, The result he would come into town and kill
4 plus people, and be gone before you could press one button to say Guards.
A big orange haired character named RAGE. So you may have to look on your side
also.

It's all single player, offline. SSD (XBOX Series S). I also have the old console edition installed, and it doesn't have this issue. I've done multiple tests on it, and I found that crouching also allows their hit animations to reach you. It can depend on the type of gun you're pointing at them too. It's easier for them to reach long guns like the lever action rifle, for example. Sometimes their attack animations will propel them forward ever so slightly with each swipe, eventually allowing them to reach you and connect if you allow them to swipe at you for like 5 minutes or so. This glitch happens like 70% of the time. It's weird that exiting and then reloading the game can sometimes fix it for a while. Later, I'm going to start a new save and see if my older save is corrupted. 

@ammonitia

Well read;       That removes my thought from the problem and changes the focus a bit.

Did you post the above exact statement in the support forum just as you wrote it above?

It is more concise. That seems to be more along the lines of synchronized changes in the

state machine and location of the hit box or misalignment of the collision area. It would

probably best be served if posted in the Console section. Or put a tag to it  (XBOX Series S).

The only other layman suggestion I have is, turn off the xbox, unplug it for a few minutes,

plug it back in, re-verify your app download, and quick load a nav map different name.

Give yourself one of each weapon class, and test it. By parallel also play it again with your

present game map. If it still malfunctions on both then it may point above. If the new map

works and the original does not then it would point to corruption in your present file.  That

is the most I can offer. I hope it helps resolve it. If so then you may have found an added

procedure that can help others. Good hunting. 

5 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@ammonitia

Well read;       That removes my thought from the problem and changes the focus a bit.

Did you post the above exact statement in the support forum just as you wrote it above?

It is more concise. That seems to be more along the lines of synchronized changes in the

state machine and location of the hit box or misalignment of the collision area. It would

probably best be served if posted in the Console section. Or put a tag to it  (XBOX Series S).

The only other layman suggestion I have is, turn off the xbox, unplug it for a few minutes,

plug it back in, re-verify your app download, and quick load a nav map different name.

Give yourself one of each weapon class, and test it. By parallel also play it again with your

present game map. If it still malfunctions on both then it may point above. If the new map

works and the original does not then it would point to corruption in your present file.  That

is the most I can offer. I hope it helps resolve it. If so then you may have found an added

procedure that can help others. Good hunting. 

It's been posted here as a problem on PC also. Example: I face a small bear; almost half the time it swings at me, it doesn't register a hit, so I get no damage. You have to be facing him directly. It did happen with zombies and other animals, but the small bear is a sure way to see the problem.

I get this in single player, online or offline, also when playing with my brother through Steam.

Someone posted about this already but I couldn't find the message to link you to it.

On pc I have not noticed it yet, now I will be more aware. The one time I did visually get to record

a hit box glitch was this.

https://imgur.com/a/HSi666f     A phantom limb

Since the new releases, I've been reading in the background to learn. This post reminded me of

my new experience online with my friend. He had, at the time a much slower transfer rate from his

ISP. He would rubber band ahead and behind me then do the running man in place. He got a faster

connection but we have not played yet. When @ammonitia

posted that it was local that's when I remembered my old console days. I'm personally invested because

of my friend Rich, chomping at the bit to join us with his console.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles
A phantom limb (see edit history)

19 hours ago, ammonitia said:

Please fix this. I have slight OCD and this glitch is ruining the emersion. This is on XBOX Series S. Many zombies can't hit you if you're facing them. Sometimes logging out and then reloading the game fixes it briefly.

https://youtu.be/LsWLgbfXhxY

Is this constant? When it does happen, is it something that happens from the beginning of a session or does it eventually start happening as you play?

I noticed that right as Arlene is about to hit you, a little floppy disc icon appears at the top left of the screen, which seemingly causes the game to freeze for a split second. 

On PC we don't get a "saving game" icon, but someone mentioned that massive frame drops occur when the game saves, which I've been noticing myself.

I wonder if that is causing some kind of desync. I wonder if your character's colliders have separated or have displaced from your model. Maybe that's why they can only hit you when you're not looking at them. Your colliders might be offset behind your model.

Games are so friggin complicated. The slightest disruption can cause so many weird issues. 

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Arez said:

Is this constant? When it does happen, is it something that happens from the beginning of a session or does it eventually start happening as you play?

I noticed that right as Arlene is about to hit you, a little floppy disc icon appears at the top left of the screen, which seemingly causes the game to freeze for a split second. 

On PC we don't get a "saving game" icon, but someone mentioned that massive frame drops occur when the game saves, which I've been noticing myself.

I wonder if that is causing some kind of desync. I wonder if your character's colliders have separated or have displaced from your model. Maybe that's why they can only hit you when you're not looking at them. Your colliders might be offset behind your model.

Games are so friggin complicated. The slightest disruption can cause so many weird issues. 

Logging out and back in seems to fix it for a while, at least on the zombies that were on screen before I logged out. So it might be a desync issue. Afterwards (leaving the area and loading up new zombies), it's constant with most zombie models (the hooded zombie doesn't appear to be affected).

Edited by ammonitia (see edit history)

7 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

On pc I have not noticed it yet, now I will be more aware. The one time I did visually get to record

a hit box glitch was this.

https://imgur.com/a/HSi666f     A phantom limb

Since the new releases, I've been reading in the background to learn. This post reminded me of

my new experience online with my friend. He had, at the time a much slower transfer rate from his

ISP. He would rubber band ahead and behind me then do the running man in place. He got a faster

connection but we have not played yet. When @ammonitia

posted that it was local that's when I remembered my old console days. I'm personally invested because

of my friend Rich, chomping at the bit to join us with his console.

I accumulated over 100 hours of play time before I noticed. Now I notice all the time and I have been cheesing ferals and other zombies with it (as seen in the video). It's like they hit an invisible wall, allowing you cheese them without any risk of being hit. Before I noticed, I would rush in, ATTACK, and then backpedal like most other players, but there was never any need for that. lol

re the "rubber band ahead and me then do the running man in place. " comment; been playing for years with a friend who does the server. had read about this anomoly before but never seen it once in all our multiplayer games, even when i had an ancient Q6600 PC with 8GB RAM and a slow internet connection. Now i have decent PC and connection and saw this anomoly for the first time the other night (v1.1 b4). it happened out of the blue and thus i found it hilarious to watch, a wandering horde we'd just taken on, started rubber banding around at great speed and then running on the spot. Now my point is that other than the funny visuals, my movement in the game, the game world and my friend's audio on discord, all functioned fine. Plus i could see him running around taking on the zombies even though i couldn't hit them due to the rubber banding. Asked him if he could see this happening and he didn't. but... he said i'd vanished for a little while. so somehow it seems i had dropped out of his game briefly even though i felt and experienced that i was still in the game; shortly after it went back to normal and we finished off the zombies

Has anyone reported (or found) the bug regarding power being given to a pressure plate, or trip wire, from a sensor even when that sensor is not detecting?

I can create a little movie demonstrating the issue, but if it's been covered then I won't bother.

Just to confirm this is an issue relating to sensors and being connected to either pressure plates or trip wires. Those two items will trigger even if the sensor is not seeing you. It acts like a normal relay pass through, ignoring the state of the sensor. This is only for plates and trip wires, if you connect a sensor to an electric fence then it works as expected (if the sensor see you, power goes to the fence post(s), and it doesn't if it can't see you).

---------------------------------------

To replicate:

• Get a sensor and set it up so it feeds two things; a set of two electric fence posts, and a power plate.
  • Connect the power plate to something that triggers when powered, a dart trap is ideal in this instance.
  • Turn on the power and stand so the sensor detects you.

What you will find is that when out of sensor view (ie: sensor not triggered) the electric fence will not be active, you can walk through it with no effect. However, the pressure plate (and the trip wire) will automatically fire, even though the sensor is not seeing you and should not be providing electricity. If you take your wire tool and look at both the pressure plate and the first of your electric fences you'll see the fences are not active when the sensor is not active, yet the plate is active despite the sensor not seeing you. If the sensor sees you, then it works as you would expect, the electric fence is active and the pressure plate is active. Go out of range of the sensor and it reverts back to the (incorrect) situation where the sensor is not active and neither is the electric fence, yet the pressure plate is active. You don't need to stand on the pressure plate when it has power in this instance either, it is like a pass through.

Current fix:

There is a solution to this, and that is to introduce a relay before the pressure plate, so.

power =>= [sensor] > [plate] > [dart trap]
-- the dart trap will trigger whether the sensor sees you or not, it acts like a pass through ignoring the sensor.

power =>= [sensor] >[relay] > [plate] > [dart trap]

-- the dart trap will operate as expected but only when the sensor sees you and you are standing on the plate, otherwise it won't fire.

As I said, I could create a vid (I have a test setup on a creative build just to double check the bug was happening) if that would help.

4 hours ago, ricp said:

Has anyone reported (or found) the bug regarding power being given to a pressure plate, or trip wire, from a sensor even when that sensor is not detecting?

I can create a little movie demonstrating the issue, but if it's been covered then I won't bother.

Just to confirm this is an issue relating to sensors and being connected to either pressure plates or trip wires. Those two items will trigger even if the sensor is not seeing you. It acts like a normal relay pass through, ignoring the state of the sensor. This is only for plates and trip wires, if you connect a sensor to an electric fence then it works as expected (if the sensor see you, power goes to the fence post(s), and it doesn't if it can't see you).

To replicate:

• Get a sensor and set it up so it feeds two things; a set of two electric fence posts, and a power plate.
  • Connect the power plate to something that triggers when powered, a dart trap is ideal in this instance.
  • Turn on the power and stand so the sensor detects you.

What you will find is that when out of sensor view (ie: sensor not triggered) the electric fence will not be active, you can walk through it with no effect. However, the pressure plate (and the trip wire) will automatically fire, even though the sensor is not seeing you and should not be providing electricity. If you take your wire tool and look at both the pressure plate and the first of your electric fences you'll see the fences are not active when the sensor is not active, yet the plate is active despite the sensor not seeing you. If the sensor sees you, then it works as you would expect, the electric fence is active and the pressure plate is active. Go out of range of the sensor and it reverts back to the (incorrect) situation where the sensor is not active and neither is the electric fence, yet the pressure plate is active. You don't need to stand on the pressure plate when it has power in this instance either, it is like a pass through.

Current fix:

There is a solution to this, and that is to introduce a relay before the pressure plate, so.

power =>= [sensor] > [plate] > [dart trap]
-- the dart trap will trigger whether the sensor sees you or not, it acts like a pass through ignoring the sensor.

power =>= [sensor] >[relay] > [plate] > [dart trap]

-- the dart trap will operate as expected but only when the sensor sees you and you are standing on the plate, otherwise it won't fire.

As I said, I could create a vid (I have a test setup on a creative build just to double check the bug was happening) if that would help.

It sounds like you are connecting the motion sensor to the pressure plate.  The pressure plate working when the sensor doesn't detect you is by design.  In order to allow players to use an OR gate option, they have made it that two or more sensors directly connected to each other work as an OR instead of AND gate.  This lets you have a camera inside and outside a powered door and it will open even though only one camera can see you at a time, for example.  If you don't want an OR gate function, you need to put something other than a sensor between the sensors, such as a relay.  To be clear, sensors include motion sensors, trip wires, trigger plates, etc.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

The pressure plate working when the sensor doesn't detect you is by design.

That would explain it, wasn't aware that was the intended logic.

@ammonitia

I kept thinking about your post, and checking my settings both hardware and software. Since

no matter what app is written, if it's on Microsoft it is governed by it's rules. On pc we have a pagefile buffer

which provides an extra cache. I looked online for the series S but I couldn't find any info, although that doesn't

mean it's not there. You said it happens consistently, but can be reset temporarily by a reboot. Our router and switch

systems did the same sort of thing. That sounds like a limited allocated space being rapidly refilled and not purged.

On xbox do you have the following option when setting up a new game.

chunksize.png.3d31bbbd1e7b361516d1b1808e2ed428.png

Chunk persistence, Another user posted about objects popping in. So I suggested increasing the Chunk persistence

size. If you have it try and see if it makes a difference. It only shows up when you start a new game. I hope this can help.

On my pc, Today I changed my page file from 2 to 8, just to see the results, either Pos neg or Neutral i'll see.

3 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@ammonitia

I kept thinking about your post, and checking my settings both hardware and software. Since

no matter what app is written, if it's on Microsoft it is governed by it's rules. On pc we have a pagefile buffer

which provides an extra cache. I looked online for the series S but I couldn't find any info, although that doesn't

mean it's not there. You said it happens consistently, but can be reset temporarily by a reboot. Our router and switch

systems did the same sort of thing. That sounds like a limited allocated space being rapidly refilled and not purged.

On xbox do you have the following option when setting up a new game.

chunksize.png.3d31bbbd1e7b361516d1b1808e2ed428.png

Chunk persistence, Another user posted about objects popping in. So I suggested increasing the Chunk persistence

size. If you have it try and see if it makes a difference. It only shows up when you start a new game. I hope this can help.

On my pc, Today I changed my page file from 2 to 8, just to see the results, either Pos neg or Neutral i'll see.

You definitely need to clock in some significant playtime before the bug will appear. It won't happen immediately upon boot. Today it took one hour and 30 minutes for one game session and then just 15 minutes for another. Rebooting the game fixed it every time. On Series S the chunk persistence will only go up to "Very long" or something like that. There's no "unlimited" option.

Right now, I suspect it may be the motorcycle that's causing the bug. As said earlier, it took an hour and 30 minutes for the bug to appear, and it did so only after I started riding the motorcycle in the last 20 minutes or so. Reboot fixed it, and then continued on the motorbike for another 15 minutes before the glitched appeared again. Perhaps it's the speed at which the chunks are rendered on the motorcycle that's the culprit. Probably not though. More testing is needed.

14 hours ago, ammonitia said:

You definitely need to clock in some significant playtime before the bug will appear. It won't happen immediately upon boot. Today it took one hour and 30 minutes for one game session and then just 15 minutes for another. Rebooting the game fixed it every time. On Series S the chunk persistence will only go up to "Very long" or something like that. There's no "unlimited" option.

Right now, I suspect it may be the motorcycle that's causing the bug. As said earlier, it took an hour and 30 minutes for the bug to appear, and it did so only after I started riding the motorcycle in the last 20 minutes or so. Reboot fixed it, and then continued on the motorbike for another 15 minutes before the glitched appeared again. Perhaps it's the speed at which the chunks are rendered on the motorcycle that's the culprit. Probably not though. More testing is needed.

I'm almost 100% certain that riding around on the motorcycle was causing this. I recently played 4 hours straight with only using the bicycle, and no issues at all. All zombie models could hit me. Then another two hours and still no issues. Still needs more testing but I think I have found the trigger. The motorcycle might be slowly degrading the game engine somehow, causing hit detection to get misaligned. 

What you are talking about, is the speed of render. When you are on the motorcycle you are crossing

chunk after chunk at greatly accelerated rate. This also means that the region files in region folder

r.0.0.7rg, may be being rendered at a faster rate than the other physics can keep up. There is also the

blockmappings.nim and garbage collection system. I rarely if ever used the motor vehicles, I use gas

for weapons.

So I would never have seen it. Since the data throughput for this voxel game is similar to a Cat scan,

the machine that renders slices to make a 3d image. It may be over powering the limit of the console

processing power. Kind of like the bungie cord action that speed physics caused in prior alphas.

As an example, many of the other high data games I've seen or played, incorporated a buffer, its that

cut/load screen, and room separations. 7days loads constantly in a volumetric instead of a flat capacity.

Imagine a slice of paper compared to a 64 x 64 cube of paper sheets.

I know this may be a visual inconvenience but temporarily try lowering LOD to minimal, if you can take

a snapshot of your video settings, I may have a few suggestions that can lower the load. On my pc I had

removed water from the xml a long time passed, and lowered particles and excess shadows. Just because

i didn't see any major change. Maybe that significantly lowered my load also. I use reflected shadows.

6 hours ago, ammonitia said:

I'm almost 100% certain that riding around on the motorcycle was causing this. I recently played 4 hours straight with only using the bicycle, and no issues at all. All zombie models could hit me. Then another two hours and still no issues. Still needs more testing but I think I have found the trigger. The motorcycle might be slowly degrading the game engine somehow, causing hit detection to get misaligned. 

I got the zombie no-hit issue to happen by simply getting on and then off the vehicle. Seems like the zombies have trouble trying to hit the player afterwards. Didn't seem to happen when I tried with the other vehicles. 

1 hour ago, NekoPawtato said:

I got the zombie no-hit issue to happen by simply getting on and then off the vehicle. Seems like the zombies have trouble trying to hit the player afterwards. Didn't seem to happen when I tried with the other vehicles. 

Such a weird bug if just getting on and off the motorcycle is causing it. I thought the greater speed at which the chunks were rendered was the cause. Have you tried it with the truck yet? I don't have the level to craft it. Going to try the minibike next. Hope the bug doesn't affect that bike too because the bicycle is like torture.

2 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

What you are talking about, is the speed of render. When you are on the motorcycle you are crossing

chunk after chunk at greatly accelerated rate. This also means that the region files in region folder

r.0.0.7rg, may be being rendered at a faster rate than the other physics can keep up. There is also the

blockmappings.nim and garbage collection system. I rarely if ever used the motor vehicles, I use gas

for weapons.

So I would never have seen it. Since the data throughput for this voxel game is similar to a Cat scan,

the machine that renders slices to make a 3d image. It may be over powering the limit of the console

processing power. Kind of like the bungie cord action that speed physics caused in prior alphas.

As an example, many of the other high data games I've seen or played, incorporated a buffer, its that

cut/load screen, and room separations. 7days loads constantly in a volumetric instead of a flat capacity.

Imagine a slice of paper compared to a 64 x 64 cube of paper sheets.

I know this may be a visual inconvenience but temporarily try lowering LOD to minimal, if you can take

a snapshot of your video settings, I may have a few suggestions that can lower the load. On my pc I had

removed water from the xml a long time passed, and lowered particles and excess shadows. Just because

i didn't see any major change. Maybe that significantly lowered my load also. I use reflected shadows.

Well, someone else just stated that merely getting on and off the bike caused it so it can't be a render issue. Just a freak bug apparently. Also, on console we have virtually no graphics options.