A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Glad you're having fun iadd. I hope you continue to enjoy the experience. If I may ask, what version did you go with? Overhaul or Expansion?

Also, to those who decided to test the experimental build I have a question: is the inventory lag at all changed? I hear A14.7 has introduced a bit of lag to the crafting menu and am curious if my perk change in the experimental version helped it any.

Glad you're having fun iadd. I hope you continue to enjoy the experience. If I may ask, what version did you go with? Overhaul or Expansion?

Also, to those who decided to test the experimental build I have a question: is the inventory lag at all changed? I hear A14.7 has introduced a bit of lag to the crafting menu and am curious if my perk change in the experimental version helped it any.

Overhaul :) I'm having a problem now tho. I just used the study desk to unlock my first schematic, the one to craft storage chests and remotes and such, and afterwards I opened the crafting menu to search what I wpuld need to make a remote, then it auto exited the crafting menu. Now when I press tab to try and get back into it, the consol comes up and it says "Object refrence not set to instance of an object" How can i fix this?

that happens to me and my players as well sometimes, but not often. i just exit and join the server to fix.

Valmar, I noticed something. Using the Experience books purchased with survivor notes doesn't appear to increase my characters xp bar at all.

Typically when doing it naturally through game-play going up a level also increases your progress towards the next level. is this intended? or just unavoidable? I'm worried that i will loose ways to level up and not be able to purchase Perks which can only be unlocked with actual character level progression. I'M currently around lvl 96.

that happens to me and my players as well sometimes, but not often. i just exit and join the server to fix.

Valmar, I noticed something. Using the Experience books purchased with survivor notes doesn't appear to increase my characters xp bar at all.

Typically when doing it naturally through game-play going up a level also increases your progress towards the next level. is this intended? or just unavoidable? I'm worried that i will loose ways to level up and not be able to purchase Perks which can only be unlocked with actual character level progression. I'M currently around lvl 96.

Thats a vanilla issue with no character xp when leveling a skill wityh books or via purchasing.

Essentially you limit your character by reading books and is a bad system that needs changing by TFP.

Thats strange. I haven't heard of any such problem before. I'd need to see the output log generated after the error occurs to be able to pinpoint the cause.

Quiting the game then restarting seemed to fix it. I'm impressed how the download was only 6mb or so. How'd you get all this content into such a small size?

Stompy covered this above but I just w anted to remind you that you can still earn skill points by doing quests. Far as I know there is no progression skill or perk that requires you to be level 100. So leveling up to 100 doesn't actually matter. The highest level you need to be able to unlock everything, requirement wise, is level 40. You only level, for the most part, to get skill points. Which are infinite, technically, if you farm quests. Though it seems a lot of people don't realize that quests reward you skill points.

Quiting the game then restarting seemed to fix it. I'm impressed how the download was only 6mb or so. How'd you get all this content into such a small size?

The bulk of that size is actually just the icons. The mod is built entirely around the XML files which are essentially just notepad text files. Unzipped the size of the config folder that actually runs the mod is only 3.07mb. Unzipped the icons (mods folder) come out to 10.7mb.

Since the mod is XML-driven all I really need are those small text files. Which keeps the size of the mod very small.

One possible issue with not getting to higher levels will be loot quality. People have mentioned lvl 97 as the magic level for a big boost in the number of decent quality items.

That is the only reason to need to get char levels other than the 5 pts per level ;)

Played a bit around with the beta version. Both gf and me enjoy this version of progression more than the schematics one. Haven't found any bugs or anything aside from obvious stuff like the leftover study desk.

Also, I like the changed starting gear of the classes. Seems more balanced now (especially veteran and bruiser were kinda op before).

I cannot repair Steel Fire Spikes, i have thousands and thousands of gas on hand(along with forged steel and iron. i put it on my hotbar in my hand and both left clicked and right-clicked. i've tried using other tools as well, am i missing something really obvious?

I cannot repair Steel Fire Spikes, i have thousands and thousands of gas on hand(along with forged steel and iron. i put it on my hotbar in my hand and both left clicked and right-clicked. i've tried using other tools as well, am i missing something really obvious?

You cannot repair steel fire spikes. You have to let them run out of fuel and turn back to normal steel spikes and then fill them back up with gas.

that did it, clawhammer and stone axe work. is that something i missed that was hinted at? or just a bug?

naa..maybe he just missed it or figured it was no big deal :)

we used to use gas can (right click) but that changed when they changed a feature..this much easier in a way

@TopAxe6

You didn't use the right terminology in your question. You cannot REPAIR steel fire spikes but what you were trying to do was not repair but rather upgrade. Two are two separate events. As already discovered you have to use something other than the wrench. This is just an oversight and I'll adjust it accordingly in the future.

question at 044 in my video i damaged a steel firespike and repaired it, is that a glitch?

Guess not... Hm. Odd I dont remember adding a repair event but I guess I did at some point. Too much to keep track of I tell you. Lol.

Hey there! I'm very new to the game, but a friend suggested that I first try it with your mod. Unfortunately I've been having issues with getting the game to behave with it..

I've been able to launch the game without the mod, and it appears to be working fine. However, after copying the files over into the main game directory, when I start a new game or try to join into their game, I crash as soon as its finished loading. I don't get an error message or an error log, it just drops me right out of the game entirely. I don't really know where I ought to start looking for a fix, or what I'll need to mention here to help you figure out what's going on. But thank you in advance!

"Too much to keep track of I tell you"

no doubt! but we love every but of it.

BTW if we think of any improvements/features that fit well would you be open to them?

But of course, I always welcome feedback and suggestions.

Hey there! I'm very new to the game, but a friend suggested that I first try it with your mod. Unfortunately I've been having issues with getting the game to behave with it..

I've been able to launch the game without the mod, and it appears to be working fine. However, after copying the files over into the main game directory, when I start a new game or try to join into their game, I crash as soon as its finished loading. I don't get an error message or an error log, it just drops me right out of the game entirely. I don't really know where I ought to start looking for a fix, or what I'll need to mention here to help you figure out what's going on. But thank you in advance!

If possible could you add me to Steam? WOuld be easier for us to figure it out if we have a live chat communication.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora

Archived