A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

This is a relatively small hotfix update that mostly benefits Expansion pack.

Notable changes:

Readjusted some skill/recipe books to fix an issue they had with not allowing the player to read them. (mainly Expansion Pack)

Added the missing "handSnake" item so encountering snakes no longer leads to disaster.

Rocket Launcher skill adjusment.

Street light is now craftable.

Other various, minor adjustment tweaks.

DOWNLOAD Valmod Overhaul Pack

DOWNLOAD Valmod Expansion Pack

Thanks for the quick update!

I need some help choosing Overhaul or Expansion

So i'm aware of what both mod packs add and change to the game but I was wondering what you guys prefer I like the vanilla game but I don't like the fact that you can buy any skill you want with the Expansion pack one example is with like 15 or 20 skill points I could learn the minibike. So my main thing is whats your suggestions any feedback is appreciated.

We installed the expansion pack tonight and it's awesome! My friend plays on a Mac, and she has no descriptions for any of the recipes, though, and they're showing up weird, like baconeggsandwich and drinkhealth. No worries if you don't have time to worry about a minor issue like this, but just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks for making such a fantastic modpack!

I'm having the same issue as Wolves Hero with the minibike storage. I've tried several different game resolutions and windowed mode, but it's default size for me. I saw someone else say you can still click things in and just sort to get it out but I can't do that either.

Don't know if it helps but I'm on Windows 10, GTX 980 Ti, 1600 x 900 resolution. If you need any other info to trouble shoot let me know. And thank you again for the quick fix of the earlier issues, sorry to bring up more >.<

bikestorage.jpg.de0d8ab60fdfe0e8149d686bb68104d9.jpg

I am using Valmod Overhaul pack and encounters this issue:

I am encountering FPS drops when i open my forge and try to add fuel.

Someone else with the same issue?

I have restarted 7d2d valmod part but still the same issue, it goes from 85fps to 6-10 fps only when trying to add fuel or trying to use the menus in the forge.

I tried replacing my valmod files with the updated version that i saw on page 352 here in this thread but still the same issue with fps drops.

I am using Valmod Overhaul pack and encounters this issue:

I am encountering FPS drops when i open my forge and try to add fuel.

Someone else with the same issue?

I have restarted 7d2d valmod part but still the same issue, it goes from 85fps to 6-10 fps only when trying to add fuel or trying to use the menus in the forge.

I tried replacing my valmod files with the updated version that i saw on page 352 here in this thread but still the same issue with fps drops.

This is due to poor coding on the game devs part, recipes aren't sorted by station your using and with all the recipes valmod has it will lag you. Best thing to do is either favorite something so it filters everything then do what you need. Or search for something you know doesntt exist

This is due to poor coding on the game devs part, recipes aren't sorted by station your using and with all the recipes valmod has it will lag you. Best thing to do is either favorite something so it filters everything then do what you need. Or search for something you know doesntt exist

Ahh thank you, then i understand, i will try that next time i start 7d2d :)

Valmar, Would it be at all possible to mod the working Oven and maybe the working Sink to require electricity to work? Or is that an impossible task to mod?

Loving this mod since first trying in A14, lots of encouragement from me and my friends! You're keeping the game fun!

The sprout only is left behind if you harvested it by punching it with your hand. Unfortunately this can also result in getting less than what "press E to harvest" will give you. Generally speaking I only punch "wild" plants but harvest the ones at home.

I did this by hand of course, I know valmod-mod since years :) If you look into the block-xml:

<block id="764" name="plantedGoldenrod3Harvest">

<property name="Extends" value="cropsHarvestableMaster"/>

<property name="CustomIcon" value="plantedGoldenrod3Harvest"/>

<property name="Texture" value="362"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="goldenrodPlant" count="1"/>

</block>

I think the downgrade property is missed:

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedGoldenrod1"/>

Valmar, Would it be at all possible to mod the working Oven and maybe the working Sink to require electricity to work? Or is that an impossible task to mod?

Loving this mod since first trying in A14, lots of encouragement from me and my friends! You're keeping the game fun!

this was looked at by others and dont think it can be done yet

- - - Updated - - -

Few people on the Overhaul server I'm playing on are experiencing their round crafting being locked out, while my own round crafting is not. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or has seen it before and knows of a fix without restarting the server. :upset:

not sure what you mean by round? but since A16 ive found that a lot of issues that come up where only some get them is due to having valmod installed into the default steam folder. i always tell my players to make a copy of their 7days folder and install valmod into the copy

Good day Valmar

I said something about this a while back and I was wondering if it is still possible ... Is there a chance that we could have a scope for the AK with silencer.

Just a thought and Enjoy the weekend

could edit it to have a scope tho visually you wont see one, but youll get scope effect when you zoom. i made a fully auto sniper rifle with 30 round mag that has the mp5 sound.. fun gun but it eats ammo like a mother

could edit it to have a scope tho visually you wont see one, but youll get scope effect when you zoom. i made a fully auto sniper rifle with 30 round mag that has the mp5 sound.. fun gun but it eats ammo like a mother

Thank you for the reply .. That would work OR even if it was an add-on item to be made in workbench. I'm AK user and I also use it as a sniper .. Just a scope would even make it better for the LONG shots. :smile-new:

Enjoy

Thank you for the reply .. That would work OR even if it was an add-on item to be made in workbench. I'm AK user and I also use it as a sniper .. Just a scope would even make it better for the LONG shots. :smile-new:

Enjoy

put this in items.xml and use a free ID numer for the XXX part

<item id="XXX" name="gunAK47SilencedScoped">
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="gunAK47"/>
	<property name="Extends" value="gunAK47"/>
	<property name="DescriptionKey" value="gunAK47SilencedDesc"/>
	<property class="Parts">
		<property name="Stock" value="gunSilencer"/>
	</property>
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Sound_start" value="bullethitcloth"/>
		<property name="Sound_repeat" value="bullethitcloth"/>
		<property name="Sound_end" value="weapon_empt"/>
	</property>
	<property class="Action1">
		<property name="Class" value="Zoom"/>
		<property name="Zoom_overlay" value="Items/Weapons/HUD/sniper_zoom_overlay"/>
		<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="40"/>
		<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="10"/>
	</property>
</item>

if you just want to add a scope to all silenced ak47s then search for ak47silenced then just add this after the last </property>

<property class="Action1">
		<property name="Class" value="Zoom"/>
		<property name="Zoom_overlay" value="Items/Weapons/HUD/sniper_zoom_overlay"/>
		<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="40"/>
		<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="10"/>
	</property>

im tired so i forgot to test if it will work without the parts scope.. when i wake up ill test it if you havent

grrmisfit .. Thank you again - But I use the 7D2D Launcher and I'm not comfortable in changing files in game folders anymore .. being a 70+ yr old Gamer .. I forget things sometimes or just can't find them .. I use to change files all the time .. but not that much anymore.

Hopefully Valmar will add it into his Mod files as an update: I do play both versions [ Overhaul and Overhaul Bigger Backpack ] along with many other games .. that's my thing since Retirement

Thanks again and Enjoy

I found an issue with some book recipes. I am using Expansion 16.2. I have a primitive tools book, Scrap chest armor schematic, Enforcer Magazine, and I don't know these recipes and it will not allow me to read them. If I click on read, it tells me "the requirements have not been met".

I found an issue with some book recipes. I am using Expansion 16.2. I have a primitive tools book, Scrap chest armor schematic, Enforcer Magazine, and I don't know these recipes and it will not allow me to read them. If I click on read, it tells me "the requirements have not been met".

Go back a page in the thread and get the updated version, it fixes this.

Hola Valmar ! thanks again for the extended mod, it's starting to look really well polished ! :)

i am currently modding some stuff and came around noticing that for your Extended Mod you are missing quite a few icons:

Nailgun Schematic (not sure if just base game or your mod)
electric toolkit
assorted dyes
survivors combination
axejason &  machete jason (probly on purpose i think right ?)
lightbulb
questitem (id 2700)
spraycan

i think that's it for now :)

grrmisfit .. Thank you again - But I use the 7D2D Launcher and I'm not comfortable in changing files in game folders anymore .. being a 70+ yr old Gamer .. I forget things sometimes or just can't find them .. I use to change files all the time .. but not that much anymore.

Hopefully Valmar will add it into his Mod files as an update: I do play both versions [ Overhaul and Overhaul Bigger Backpack ] along with many other games .. that's my thing since Retirement

Thanks again and Enjoy

If you are playing multi-player you could ask the server admin to make this change server side.

Bigger backpack

we are using the bigger back mod with the overhaul, we installed it through the servers mod manager, its version 5.25 newest i think but we are still having an issue of out last 13 slots of inventory vanishing when we log off its been happening for awhile just never really noticed it anyone have a fix for this ? we loaded overhaul first then the backpack as the instructions, said i myself have it on my pc too not sure if it is needed on multi player but it still keeps happening

we are using the bigger back mod with the overhaul, we installed it through the servers mod manager, its version 5.25 newest i think but we are still having an issue of out last 13 slots of inventory vanishing when we log off its been happening for awhile just never really noticed it anyone have a fix for this ? we loaded overhaul first then the backpack as the instructions, said i myself have it on my pc too not sure if it is needed on multi player but it still keeps happening

The server is probably not up to date. I would put the dedicated server dll in Dropbox or something and file a support ticket to server company asking them to install it

The server is probably not up to date. I would put the dedicated server dll in Dropbox or something and file a support ticket to server company asking them to install it

just to double checkeck the dll file goes in the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed folder and the other files goes into Data/Config/XUi folder

the 7 days to die launcher

hi there.

got a noob guestion..

but the 7 days to die launcher,,, does that allways use the latest version of valmod ?

just started a new game using "valmod overhaul combo pack." looks like it works ok but got some nasty "POI faults"

and i get WAY to much good loot..

but back to original question,, is this the latest build ??

cheers

Canadus

Archived