A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

1. locate the 7DTD.app: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app

On Mac, App's are a container, like a folder. (Backslash is for covering spaces. May on an English system the path is slightly different)

2. Right-Click on the 7DaysToDie.app and choose "open package" (I have the German version, so I don't know exactly how it's called)

3. Now you see two folders, Contents and Data. Go to Data an open it. In a second window open Valmod-Folder. Now drag all files from Valmod-Data-Config into the 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config and overwrite. Same with Prefabs. (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Prefabs)

4. Now go back to: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die

That is the folder which the app is in. Now drag the Valmod-MOD-Folder into this folder. The MOD-Folder should be next to the .app now.

This is different to the Win-method!

5. Do the same with the Valmod-SMX-Folder

Now you should have next to the .app the MOD and SMX-Folder

At this point you will see after open the game just white fields in the UI, because the SMX-Links doesn't work so you have to edit the three files in the Data/Config/XUI folder

6. Download the attachment and drag the content of the zip into Data/Config (overwrite) [ATTACH]18374[/ATTACH]

7. Bigger Backpack Mod doesn't work. May someone find out how to get it to work on a Mac (and no, it has nothing to do with EAC...)

I changed all "@file..." against "@http..."-Links, so I think you need internet-connection and the site has to be online...

I hope it helps, it's just a trail and error-method, because I'm not a modder :)

PS: if someone will tell me how to post big pictures here and how to make spoilers I will upload screenshots

So I did all this and still the icons don't show in my game. I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm a little lost with all the computer stuff I'm doing.

When installing MOD on vanilla, this message will be displayed.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Can this be solved?

Beats me. I get that even in my vanilla game. Have been getting it ever since A15. Its harmless though and only shows up in the output log if I go looking for so I never paid it any mind.

new dl. new install of valmod. new install of bigger backpacks. new character. new game. still lost bottom row plus 4 slots on save and reentry. Anyone else?

I don't know what to tell you. It works fine for me. Are you sure you added the DLL file? One way to test is to launch the game with Anti Cheat. If it launches, then you didnt add the DLL file. If all you see is a black screen when you try to launch with anti cheat then you have it right.

Is it a server or singleplayer?

Valmar, I just jumped into modding 7d2d and I have been combing over your modded xml files and the amount of time and thought that has gone into this is truly astounding. I would dare say after playing this mod it would be very hard to play vanilla again. I'm honestly surprised how much attention to balance has gone into this mod you can really tell the numbers are tweaked with balance in mind and not just thrown in to look good. Many thanks to you and everyone who has contributed.

Thank you very much. Its nice to be appreciated. I do my best.

Lol, wait till you look at my loot.xml - oh boy.

Hello! my friend and I attempted to start a multiplayer game using valmod. We both have overhaul installed, him on his desktop and me on my laptop. We both attempted to create the game and connect but we both received an error stating we couldn't connect. We switched over to vanilla and was able to run no problem. Are we missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Who is the host? Make sure you both have the same version installed.

Am I stupid or blind? How do i get Iron? I mean those Iron i would get srapping Cans or Pipes? Or is the only way to get this inside the Forge?

Scrapping is unlocked by the scavenging skill in Overhaul.

Hi Valmar,

I posted earlier about the UI and Mac issue (Yes I have read how to install it on the Mac and I am quite sure we did it right :) )

So... He sees the UI correct on a local game and when he joins any other Valmod Server. But when he joins our Server he only gets the red question marks.

I have tried to put the XUI Folder and .XML into any Folder on the Server I can imagine, but it does not help. As it works on other Servers I must be doing something wrong. But I cant figure out what.

Hi Valmar, loving the mod as always and this isn't a complaint but what I've noted with my time using Valmod V4.7 (A15.2), not sure if this is corrected on V4.75:

- Accessing Workbench, to go Decor/Miscellaneous and Garbage Disposal is displayed as "CNTGARBAGEDISPOSAL". Screenshot (691.37KB) : http://i.imgur.com/eQYZx6G.jpg Checked the vanilla Localization.txt and blocks.xml to see that object isn't listed - a look at the Valmod files I'm not sure how to fix the displayed name. Also, just wondering what prefix CNT stands for (lots in block.xml), container?

Localization.txt (line 5525 to 5528):

cntGarbageDisposalEmpty,blocks,Loot Container,,Garbage Disposal,,
cntGarbageDisposalDesc,blocks,Block,,"The garbage disposal can can be used to get rid of trash items. Fill it with the trash you want to dispose of and right click it with a Trash Bag. You will then have to wait to use it again. Warning: This will delete all the items inside.",,
trashbag,items,Item,,Trash Bag,,
trashbagDesc,items,Item,,Hold this in hand and right-click on a Garbage Disposal to dispose of the contents within the garbage disposal.,,

In Notepad++ open Localization.txt and go to line 5525

- My Tool Smithing is 70/100 reducing crafting time by 40.9%, have Quicker Crafting 5/5 reducing crafting time by 50%, yet I'm puzzled as to why crafting an Iron Fireaxe would take 9m 52s which I think is quite a long time. Difficulty/length of day doesn't affect crafting time so what am I missing before I end up building a dozen workbenches?

Keep up the good work Valmar!

I have some issues with this mod.

Tried to install and play it on a server. Clean Install, then mod (without bigger backpack mod). Same with my Client, clean install and your mod.

I dont get this to a stable state. after a couple of minutes (20 to 30) the game begins to hang a bit. I cant loot anymore and then get kicked from the server. If i reconnect it takes max minutes before im kicked again. Restarting the server dont helps.

Then I tested a dedicated server on my pc and it seems to work fine, no problems detected.

Awesome mod

I registered just because of this mod, although i really like the game too.

I was wondering if someone could give a quick guide on what to craft to raise the various skills from 0 to at least something you can make, like spikes for the trap skill or Iron rods for blacksmithing. Especially gun skills.

Zombie Spawn Rate

I know there's a setting for the maximum number of zombies that can spawn but is there any way to set the average/median whatever? Recently started playing with Valmod and so far my experience has been that there's around 4 times the number of Zombies spawned at any given time than in Vanilla. I wanted the game to be a little more challenging but maybe not quite that much. Loving the mod overall and really enjoying it but would enjoy it even more if I could breath now and then while playing.

I registered just because of this mod, although i really like the game too.

I was wondering if someone could give a quick guide on what to craft to raise the various skills from 0 to at least something you can make, like spikes for the trap skill or Iron rods for blacksmithing. Especially gun skills.

In general just concentrate on finding a good location to set up base next to resources (water, rocks by clay, and not too far from other buildings/cities) and because Valmod lock items behind recipies (makes sense since you need to learn them) you could unlock sooner by looting bookstores and getting every airdrop, sometimes zombies drop recipies. Best way to learn it to play and make your mistakes, start over if needed and start new maps, random gen maps is a lot of fun.

If you're doing something else, ie building or hiding from hoardes, just spam craft a lot of items in the category you need to level up so gather a lot of wood, stones, fibers and spam craft a load of stone axe and either drop them or scrap and make more. You still need to focus on crafting and building a base to get your level high enough. Ie, cheap way to level up medicine is gather cloth (go to army bases or camps and destroy tents) and make bandages (hundreds of them), use them even if at 100% health and it'll slowly increase. For science and one for mid game is to create lights, unlike vanilla I found Valmod gives science to any lights and not just the one light, I normally build industrial lights for workbenches or mobile lights for the approaching hoarde.

Each gun and armour item though requires it's own recipie to create or repair and by the time you either find forges or make them yourself it's just a case of finding of the other items, it's not all about having the recipies to make said item but finding them works better imo, ie leather is vital but still can't make them and gather them from wrenching cars. Not sure if it's intentionally easy but having a 1 point system for leather/food is easy to put points into but prefer to gather the books when I come across them as I need points in others.

Hi Valmar,

I posted earlier about the UI and Mac issue (Yes I have read how to install it on the Mac and I am quite sure we did it right :) )

So... He sees the UI correct on a local game and when he joins any other Valmod Server. But when he joins our Server he only gets the red question marks.

I have tried to put the XUI Folder and .XML into any Folder on the Server I can imagine, but it does not help. As it works on other Servers I must be doing something wrong. But I cant figure out what.

This is also happening to me. Kind of bumbed Valmod isnt playable because I'm on mac.... have you found any answers?

This is also happening to me. Kind of bumbed Valmod isnt playable because I'm on mac.... have you found any answers?

Stupid me just found out why it did not work on our server...

The modifiied XUI folder has to be put on the server, not on the client. Because the server pushes the files and points to the local images which does not work on the mac, so it has to point on the online images.

We always put it on the client, but of course that does not work because the server is pushing the wrong files...

So if you are playing on a dedicated server you have to put the modified files there too.

One more issue we found out while playing with the mod:

Now we have minibikes. We were happy to see that there are a LOT more slots to put stuff in, thats great!

But as soon as we use more of the slots we cant drive the bikes anymore until logging out and back in. Then we can drive it until we empty the bike and then again have to log out and back in to be able to drive it.

I havent read all 301 pages, is that a known issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the hard work.

I am starting to mod my own server with a friend for personal play.

Everything you've done has given us a great example of how to mod different elements of the game.

I'm sure the mod is great to play as well, but it has also been invaluable as a learning tool.

Hi Valmar, loving the mod as always and this isn't a complaint but what I've noted with my time using Valmod V4.7 (A15.2), not sure if this is corrected on V4.75:

- Accessing Workbench, to go Decor/Miscellaneous and Garbage Disposal is displayed as "CNTGARBAGEDISPOSAL". Screenshot (691.37KB) : http://i.imgur.com/eQYZx6G.jpg Checked the vanilla Localization.txt and blocks.xml to see that object isn't listed - a look at the Valmod files I'm not sure how to fix the displayed name. Also, just wondering what prefix CNT stands for (lots in block.xml), container?

Localization.txt (line 5525 to 5528):

cntGarbageDisposalEmpty,blocks,Loot Container,,Garbage Disposal,,
cntGarbageDisposalDesc,blocks,Block,,"The garbage disposal can can be used to get rid of trash items. Fill it with the trash you want to dispose of and right click it with a Trash Bag. You will then have to wait to use it again. Warning: This will delete all the items inside.",,
trashbag,items,Item,,Trash Bag,,
trashbagDesc,items,Item,,Hold this in hand and right-click on a Garbage Disposal to dispose of the contents within the garbage disposal.,,

In Notepad++ open Localization.txt and go to line 5525

- My Tool Smithing is 70/100 reducing crafting time by 40.9%, have Quicker Crafting 5/5 reducing crafting time by 50%, yet I'm puzzled as to why crafting an Iron Fireaxe would take 9m 52s which I think is quite a long time. Difficulty/length of day doesn't affect crafting time so what am I missing before I end up building a dozen workbenches?

Keep up the good work Valmar!

Not sure about the fireaxe issue.

I forgot you could even craft that in Expansion. I'll look in on it.

I have some issues with this mod.

Tried to install and play it on a server. Clean Install, then mod (without bigger backpack mod). Same with my Client, clean install and your mod.

I dont get this to a stable state. after a couple of minutes (20 to 30) the game begins to hang a bit. I cant loot anymore and then get kicked from the server. If i reconnect it takes max minutes before im kicked again. Restarting the server dont helps.

Then I tested a dedicated server on my pc and it seems to work fine, no problems detected.

Make sure the server is using the latest version of 7DTD and then reinstall the mod. If you need help though you can PM me the server's FTP info and I can see about installing the mod for you.

I know there's a setting for the maximum number of zombies that can spawn but is there any way to set the average/median whatever? Recently started playing with Valmod and so far my experience has been that there's around 4 times the number of Zombies spawned at any given time than in Vanilla. I wanted the game to be a little more challenging but maybe not quite that much. Loving the mod overall and really enjoying it but would enjoy it even more if I could breath now and then while playing.

You could edit the spawning.xml if you want to be really specific about these kind of things.

One more issue we found out while playing with the mod:

Now we have minibikes. We were happy to see that there are a LOT more slots to put stuff in, thats great!

But as soon as we use more of the slots we cant drive the bikes anymore until logging out and back in. Then we can drive it until we empty the bike and then again have to log out and back in to be able to drive it.

I havent read all 301 pages, is that a known issue?

Minibikes having issues is a known issue, if thats what you're hoping for. Though its not related to any mod.

Hi , i have a question about the overhaul , Is the Horde days are changed like every 10 days or is still every 7 days? i am asking because i find the whole game experience slow which is not bad , i am playing with 60 mins of day cycle .

No. I don't even think I can change the 7 Day Horde mechanic that way.

- - - Updated - - -

I have my own Server and the mod works but it keeps loading an old save. How do I start new?

Change the seed name.

Hmm can not open class case

First thanks for the mod Valmar and thanks everyone in advance for any assistance.. I can craft case fine but when i place it and use key i then hit e and nada... I have reinstalled the expansion on my pc and on server.. deleted and recreated character all to no avail? any suggestions ?

First thanks for the mod Valmar and thanks everyone in advance for any assistance.. I can craft case fine but when i place it and use key i then hit e and nada... I have reinstalled the expansion on my pc and on server.. deleted and recreated character all to no avail? any suggestions ?

Use the Class key

Use the Class key

right click while holding the key

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give it a last try on server today. Making a new clean install plus mod without backpack mod. I'll inform you later how it works.

[Edit]

Okay, after a clean install und cleaned save folder and cleaned database I finally get it to work and stable. Even with the backpack mod. Played a few hours and all is fine for now. Will expand the test tomorrow.

I'm working on crafting a medicine cabinet and a paper rack. The medicine cabinet has a little hammer beside it (unsure what it means because I'm not a brilliant man, tbh) and requires a handsaw. So I was assuming that I'd need to put a handsaw in my workbench. Even still, I get no option to craft it. The buttons just don't show up. Same for the paper rack. Am I doing some wrong here?

Hey,

We have a big problem to get the mod to run. We have rented our own server at Nitrade and have been playing for a long time and wanted to try the Valmod today. We have 7 days to deleted from our servers and reinstalled again, then we have uploaded the Valmod (Data and Mods) with Filezilla to our server and have determined that it does not work with us. Can someone tell us what to do wrong? I have it already installed on my PC and in singleplayer mode it is synonymous.

We would be very pleased if someone can help us and can tell us what we are doing wrong.

greetz

SniBBy

##################

GERMAN

Hey,

wir haben ein groكes Problem den Mod zum laufen zu bringen. Wir haben uns einen eigenen Server bei Nitrade gemietet und spielen schon eine lange Zeit darauf und wollten heute mal den Valmod ausprobieren. Wir haben 7 Days to Die von unseren Server gelِscht und wieder neu installiert, dann haben wir den Valmod (Data und Mods) mit Filezilla auf unseren Server hochgeladen und haben festgestellt das es bei uns nicht funktioniert. Kann uns jemand sagen was wir falsch machen? Ich habe es auf meinen PC auch schon installiert und im Singleplayer Modus geht es ja auch.

Wir würden uns sehr freuen wenn uns jemand weiter helfen kann und sagen kann was wir falschen machen.

Grüكe

SniBBy

Hey,

wir haben ein groكes Problem den Mod zum laufen zu bringen. Wir haben uns einen eigenen Server bei Nitrade gemietet und spielen schon eine lange Zeit darauf und wollten heute mal den Valmod ausprobieren. Wir haben 7 Days to Die von unseren Server gelِscht und wieder neu installiert, dann haben wir den Valmod (Data und Mods) mit Filezilla auf unseren Server hochgeladen und haben festgestellt das es bei uns nicht funktioniert. Kann uns jemand sagen was wir falsch machen? Ich habe es auf meinen PC auch schon installiert und im Singleplayer Modus geht es ja auch.

Wir würden uns sehr freuen wenn uns jemand weiter helfen kann und sagen kann was wir falschen machen.

Grüكe

SniBBy

Hatte auch einige Startschwierigkeiten, ebenfalls auf nem Nitrado Server. MIttlerweile funktioniert aber alles.

Ich bin wie folgt vorgegangen:

1. Server stoppen.

2. Alle Daten per FTP vom Server lِschen.

3. Datenbank zurück setzen.

4. Spiel wechseln und so 7 Days neu installieren.

5. Alle Einstellungen am Server vornehmen und Server Neustarten.

6. Server stoppen.

7. Mod per FTP aufspielen.

8. Server neustarten.

Archived