A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Update V4.7

WARNING: Bigger Backpack Mod does not work in this version (yet).

This v4.7 update is made to incorporate the changes from Alpha 15.2

Other changes:

Added concreteBricksBlock recipe

Stone has a higher chance to give coal or nitrate if harvested with steel pickaxe or auger.

Localization clarifications

Applecider wellness gain removed.

ZombieRegenerator lowered knockdown duration.

Lesser chance for whetstone from mining stone.

Gun silencer sound changed

beaker can no longer be sold

Bigger Backpack will hopefully be updated soon but it will depend on the generosity of stallionsden since I dont actually know how to make the .dll edits necessary for it function.

So here is the setup. I have an Ubuntu server setup with the overhaul installed. None of us installed the DATA folder locally because we also play on a vanilla server with friends. So far the mod works just fine in every way except the Workbench. The only other option to fix it would be to install the DATA file locally is what you are suggesting then?

A workaround could be to un-comment those out and just make the requirements what I want and that should give us the option to purchase the recipe then correct? I'm okay with this option just so we don't have to install the DATA files locally. When I tried that before I had to do Steam install repairs to make it so I could play on the vanilla server.

Thanks Valmod!

If you dont install the data folder locally you can run into a lot of little issues. But yes, you could add the workbench perk back in for people to buy it. Not sure on how reliable this approach is though. The progression.xml is kinda flakey and really wants you to have the same version as the server to avoid conflicts. Worth a shot though. I'm not sure how the chemistry station will react, though. You might have to give it back its perk too.

Alpha 15.2 error

Hi Valmod,

I love this mod! Thank you so much for creating it and for making a solid improvement to this game. With that said, I'm having an error with the 15.2 update, and I took a screenshot (see attached). It happens during the initial load of assets, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Did I miss a patch to the mod, or what do I need to do so it can load with Valmod?

Thanks!

7daysError.thumb.jpg.11f2b1b8ad88dbc186231017f3306a6d.jpg

Had it happen when I restarted the game it wouldn't activate, I had my miners helmet and googles on, I took the googles off and the light worked but you may want to take them both off if that doesn't work. Actually thought the bulb was damaged but thankfully it's an infinite lightsource :)

hi has any one else had this problem where any flashlight be it on a mining helmet or any other of the helmets even by its self dose not turn on at all please help thanks

If you dont install the data folder locally you can run into a lot of little issues. But yes, you could add the workbench perk back in for people to buy it. Not sure on how reliable this approach is though. The progression.xml is kinda flakey and really wants you to have the same version as the server to avoid conflicts. Worth a shot though. I'm not sure how the chemistry station will react, though. You might have to give it back its perk too.

So if that's the case... There is no real easy way to play on a modded server and a vanilla server easily and switch between the two without re-doing your data file each time then?

So if that's the case... There is no real easy way to play on a modded server and a vanilla server easily and switch between the two without re-doing your data file each time then?

Just make a copy of your whole game folder and install your mod there. Then start game with 7DaysToDie.exe or better make a shotcut to that executable to your desktop and name it whatever you like.

That's the way I have Valmod, Starvation and vanilla 7d2d same time and start whichone I need.

Just don't accidently start local savegame with wrong one or save might go wrong, if you have any local saves.

Just make a copy of your whole game folder and install your mod there. Then start game with 7DaysToDie.exe or better make a shotcut to that executable to your desktop and name it whatever you like.

That's the way I have Valmod, Starvation and vanilla 7d2d same time and start whichone I need.

Just don't accidently start local savegame with wrong one or save might go wrong, if you have any local saves.

A longer more complicated version of what he said :D

Here is what I do...

I make sure my steam folder has the new vanilla version of the game.

I make copies of this game in a folder I call 7DTD Modded Games. eg under this folder I will have these 2 folders...(just examples)

7DTD Valmod Overhaul

7DTD War of the Walkers

I then add the appropriate mod to the proper folders.

I then copy the 7DaysToDie.exe file from each folder to my desktop and rename the shortcut according to which game it belongs to.

Then whichever game I am in the mood for is the shortcut I start.

Hi Valmod,

I love this mod! Thank you so much for creating it and for making a solid improvement to this game. With that said, I'm having an error with the 15.2 update, and I took a screenshot (see attached). It happens during the initial load of assets, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Did I miss a patch to the mod, or what do I need to do so it can load with Valmod?

Thanks!

Reinstall Valmod

If you installed 7DtD via Steam and have enough space on a different harddrive (external harddrive or even a USB Stick are working too) you can install 2 Versions of 7DtD, one on your normal harddrive and one on the external/USB/whatever... Then just put the mods in one of the two versions and you only have to switch between the versions. This way both Versions get the Updates and you don't need to copy each time an update is there.

Hope this helps ;)

I absolutely love this mod, but I get the attached error now when the game starts. It still runs and seems to work fine but I'd still like to fix it. I reinstalled the game and the latest Valmod and it still does it. It sounds to me like I might be missing a library or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

7DtD.jpg.c20da7d389753b16925779c62412b56e.jpg

So... question. I don't know if Valmod changes the drops for trees et al... but I am getting Feathers from trees instead of seeds.

I posted in the bug reports forum as well, just in case, but wasn't sure if the Expansion pack could be affecting it.

Yes, you have a 35% chance of getting feather, but the seeds do still work as per default from what I can see in the XML files.

We just have installed the Valmod overhaul pack on our Computers and our Server and ran into one issue...

On my friends Mac the UI is visible only on local games, not when he joins the Server, then he just gets question marks everywhere.

On the Pc´s it works fine.

Is there anything Special where I have to put the files on the Server for mac users?

Archived