A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Solo Play - Harder difficulty wanted

Just got tuned into playing this wonderful game and want a harder / more immersive experience. Was going to play with loot disabled and extra long timer for airdrops but my concern with Vanilla is that trying to find auger parts, etc may be problematic.

Reading over this mod and I just want to confirm that it allows you to craft everything in the game?

I absolutely love this mod, but I get the attached error now when the game starts. It still runs and seems to work fine but I'd still like to fix it. I reinstalled the game and the latest Valmod and it still does it. It sounds to me like I might be missing a library or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19037[/ATTACH]

The image is really, really small so I can't really make out much of it. Though it looks like you're still playing on 7DTD A15.1

Ensure your 7DTD is updated to the latest version of A15.2 and then install the latest Valmod.

Just started a new Valmod Overhaul Server

Young Gunz - 24/7 Server - Valmod

108.61.100.81:25000

Medium difficulty

180min-day

Thank you Valmaar!

Overhaul or Expansion? What region is the server hosted in?

So... question. I don't know if Valmod changes the drops for trees et al... but I am getting Feathers from trees instead of seeds.

I posted in the bug reports forum as well, just in case, but wasn't sure if the Expansion pack could be affecting it.

Dropping feathers is a Valmod feature. The seed count isn't touched and left vanilla.

hey valmar i recently switched to linux and i ran into a issue with the UI not loading in, mind making a online version of your UI for those who run in linux when you have some time to spare, love valmod great work.

Actually I sorta already have. You just have to manually enable it. In the XUi folder (directory/data/config/xui) is a windows.xml, controls.xml and styles.xml

Edit those and inside those files I left comments where you need to to switch image addresses to be online. I recommend using notepad++ as it makes it easier.

Example:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" /> <!-- Online Mac: @http://i.imgur.com/41Ldkxq.png -->

I absolutely love this mod, but I get the attached error now when the game starts. It still runs and seems to work fine but I'd still like to fix it. I reinstalled the game and the latest Valmod and it still does it. It sounds to me like I might be missing a library or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19037[/ATTACH]

Figured out that the bigger backpack mod wasn't compatible with 15.2 at the time I posted this.

Love Valmod and use it on my server. I honestly wasn't sure whether or not there was an update for the mod. Can we get a version history with version updates on the main page? Would make it easier to know when/if the mod has been updated. Unless there's an external source I am missing.

Actually I sorta already have. You just have to manually enable it. In the XUi folder (directory/data/config/xui) is a windows.xml, controls.xml and styles.xml

Edit those and inside those files I left comments where you need to to switch image addresses to be online. I recommend using notepad++ as it makes it easier.

Example:

<texture name="Valmod" depth="0" size="53,35" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="-160,-6" /> <!-- Online Mac: @http://i.imgur.com/41Ldkxq.png -->

yeah after going through the XUI files i found that myself a moment or two after posting im a tinkerer, thanks a million m8

The skill Master Archer can you check if its working. I have bought all 3, but at no point could i see my damage go up on bow or crossbow.

They work, they just dont properly show the increase damage. Its a UI issue with the game. Even with vanilla.

Hey Valmar,

I'm new to the Forum, so I'm probably asking in the wrong place, but I was wondering if there's a way to set the 'Cracked Asphalt' back to A14 Asphalt, or perhaps make them both available? I get why they changed it but when I'm building/replacing things, that Asphalt is such an eye sore. :/ Thank you!

P.S. I love your mods, dude. I won't play 7DTD without them now. Keep up the good work!

dll's

I am working on getting the dll's fixed, but I know nothing about programming. I have deobfuscated and decompiled the dll's, edited them for the right settings, but cant for the life of me get them properly compiled. I will see if I can get someone to help me compile and such tomorrow, hopefully I can get it done then.

I am working on getting the dll's fixed, but I know nothing about programming. I have deobfuscated and decompiled the dll's, edited them for the right settings, but cant for the life of me get them properly compiled. I will see if I can get someone to help me compile and such tomorrow, hopefully I can get it done then.

Assembly-CSharp.dll is an official game file. Looks like BBM is a patch on top of it so I don't think want to compile the whole thing. Rather apply the patch on top of vanilla 15.2. I've never hacked Unity before but I do know a lot about reverse engineering. I'm happy to help. I miss my bigger backpack. :)

I've been playing around with this mod since about 12.5 I think, and let me take a moment just to say thank you, and well done for making it. Almost every implemented feature is a practical, insightful, and welcome addition/variation to the vanilla version of this already compelling game, so truly, well played, sir.

There are a couple of issues I wanted to address with the current iteration of the mod that I was hoping someone could give me some feedback on. There seems to be several items that are uncraftable at the moment (such as the wood board stairs with/without railings and catwalks and such) which I assume have been added more recently to the game and just haven't been encompassed by the mod yet. If so, will that change? Also, there is something I've noticed about the mod at least since 14, maybe earlier (didn't really become aware of it til 14), but whenever I craft something either in my pack, or especially at a workstation, time slows down a lot, and there's tremendous lag. It's not something I experience in the unmodded game, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it and what might be the reasoning for it. Any insight is appreciated, and keep up the good work!

P.S. Sorry if this has already come up. I read many of the posts here, but not all 300 pages :)

any word of fixed backpacks coming soon Valmar?

Very soon. In a couple minutes infact. Just need to write up the announcement and such.

Hey Valmar,

I'm new to the Forum, so I'm probably asking in the wrong place, but I was wondering if there's a way to set the 'Cracked Asphalt' back to A14 Asphalt, or perhaps make them both available? I get why they changed it but when I'm building/replacing things, that Asphalt is such an eye sore. :/ Thank you!

P.S. I love your mods, dude. I won't play 7DTD without them now. Keep up the good work!

I don't believe that is possible with XML as the texture was likely removed from the atlas.

Short question about installation:

Do i need to copy those 2 files (.gitattributes and .gitignore) too? Because both in the txt and on the image they are not shown.

Thanks, Tom

No, you don't. Just the Data and Mods folder. Though copying the git files wont hurt anything, you just dont need them. They're added by GitHub automatically to the download, its why they're there.

ok i have a couple of questions? how do you revert back? uninstall/reinstall? second. how would this be done on a server i rent from pingperfect?

In singleplayer all you have to do is verify the file integrity in steam. Takes just a few seconds.

Verify Integrity of Game Cache

For a server like Pingperfect... I'm not entirely sure as I've never used them before. I assume the server's game control panel (where you can stop or start the sever and what have you) has a big button that says "update" or "repair" game. .One of those probably tells it to verify the integrity.

My method has always been more manual. I just give myself vanilla files then put them in the game's Data/Config folder with filezilla- the same way I install mods. So there are different ways to achieve it.

I've been playing around with this mod since about 12.5 I think, and let me take a moment just to say thank you, and well done for making it. Almost every implemented feature is a practical, insightful, and welcome addition/variation to the vanilla version of this already compelling game, so truly, well played, sir.

There are a couple of issues I wanted to address with the current iteration of the mod that I was hoping someone could give me some feedback on. There seems to be several items that are uncraftable at the moment (such as the wood board stairs with/without railings and catwalks and such) which I assume have been added more recently to the game and just haven't been encompassed by the mod yet. If so, will that change? Also, there is something I've noticed about the mod at least since 14, maybe earlier (didn't really become aware of it til 14), but whenever I craft something either in my pack, or especially at a workstation, time slows down a lot, and there's tremendous lag. It's not something I experience in the unmodded game, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it and what might be the reasoning for it. Any insight is appreciated, and keep up the good work!

P.S. Sorry if this has already come up. I read many of the posts here, but not all 300 pages :)

Thank you Carbala. Its nice to hear from those who have experienced by mod since the start and like where it has progressed since then. I know a lot has changed from then to now. Remember the Study Desk and "Quality" weapons? Heh.

Any block that is craftable in vanilla should be craftable in Valmod. The wood stairs board and railing should both be present. Infact Im not even sure vanilla has those recipes - though Valmod definitely should. Did you check in the Artisan Decor Station?

I am aware of the lag and what causes it. In short, too many recipes. In A15 the devs decided that the game should load up every recipe in the game no matter where you're at. So if you check your backpack you can find campfire recipes or forge recipes, for example. This puts strain on the engine which clearly wasn't designed to handle this many recipes. Its a problem many bigger mods suffer, unfortuantely.

Sadly there is nothing I can do to fix this atm. However hopefully months in the future when painting and block shape UI is introduced this wont be an issue - since it will mean significantly less recipes are required. One can only hope.

V4.75 Update

Bigger Backpack option returns, now compatible with A15.2 thanks to StallionsDen who took the time to crate the needed dll edits despite no longer modding 7DTD himself - my deepest gratitude. Shoutout to the others who offered a fixed .dll to make this possible (DreamSmith and others). It is much appreciated.

Note: If you're using bigger backpack on a game that previously didnt have it you will need to have your character die at least once after installing bigger backpack for the extra inventory slots to start working. Not sure why, but thats how it is.

Other minor changes:

Colored metal blocks repair with iron.

Metal rivet blocks health increase.

Light Opacity added to snares and coops to fix any potential vanishing acts.

When installing MOD on vanilla, this message will be displayed.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Can this be solved?

new dl. new install of valmod. new install of bigger backpacks. new character. new game. still lost bottom row plus 4 slots on save and reentry. Anyone else?

You need to download V4.75 from Valmar's github since he hasnt updated the link yet in the original post. Might be on purpose to make sure hes worked out any bugs.

Valmar, I just jumped into modding 7d2d and I have been combing over your modded xml files and the amount of time and thought that has gone into this is truly astounding. I would dare say after playing this mod it would be very hard to play vanilla again. I'm honestly surprised how much attention to balance has gone into this mod you can really tell the numbers are tweaked with balance in mind and not just thrown in to look good. Many thanks to you and everyone who has contributed.

Multiplayer with valmod

Hello! my friend and I attempted to start a multiplayer game using valmod. We both have overhaul installed, him on his desktop and me on my laptop. We both attempted to create the game and connect but we both received an error stating we couldn't connect. We switched over to vanilla and was able to run no problem. Are we missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Am I stupid or blind? How do i get Iron? I mean those Iron i would get srapping Cans or Pipes? Or is the only way to get this inside the Forge?

You can as you say make scrap iron in forge, but also from harvesting cars, all kinds of mechanical equipment in towns, h-beams laying around, lightposts, fences and so on :)

Archived