A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

laggy inventory

Hey Valmar,

Thanks for creating this pack and subset of mods, I've run it on a private server with about 5-10 people for about 2 weeks, the main complaint we have is that when in our inventories, due to the sheer number of recipes, it lags. This is made worse if your inventory contents change as it reloads all the recipes. We have found that by keeping our craft tab on favourites only and searching for what we needs works, but is kinda annoying. I suspect part of the problem is that for each possible way to make something IE: crafting arrows in hand vs workbench, There is a unique recipe listing instead of one optimized listing showing both ways are allowed. Any thoughts on how to work around this?

Regards,

The Lorax

I have one question regarding this mod as im quite new to 7d2d and servers on it etc if i add this to my server does everything that my players already have done reset back to start etc?

The world itself wouldn't reset but their player stats likely would. So everyone would revert to level 1 with nothing learned and such - more than likely. That is partly why its recommended you start a new game. Though if you really want to salvage the world you can.

Where do I craft the Hunting Rifle (Silenced)? Already got the necessary skill points on Rifle category.

Grab a silencer. Right click the silencer and click assemble. Or grab a hunting rifle part, right click it and click assemble on the silencer variant of the gun.

Hey Valmar,

Thanks for creating this pack and subset of mods, I've run it on a private server with about 5-10 people for about 2 weeks, the main complaint we have is that when in our inventories, due to the sheer number of recipes, it lags. This is made worse if your inventory contents change as it reloads all the recipes. We have found that by keeping our craft tab on favourites only and searching for what we needs works, but is kinda annoying. I suspect part of the problem is that for each possible way to make something IE: crafting arrows in hand vs workbench, There is a unique recipe listing instead of one optimized listing showing both ways are allowed. Any thoughts on how to work around this?

Regards,

The Lorax

Hello. I'm aware of the issue. Sadly there is nothing I can do because its a hardcoded part of how the game works. If I could make it not load recipes that are not part of the crafting area (so no campfire/forge recipes in your backpack, for example) the issue would go away. That is how it used to be. This problem only came about when they changed it so every recipe in the game is loaded and listed in every single search no matter where you search from. Its unfortunate but their is nothing I can do.

How do I install

Greetings Everyone,

I have downloaded the Overhaul pack. I get a file named Valmod-Overhaul-master.zip. According to the install instructions this is supposed to contain a Data and a Mods directory that I copy to my game folder.

However, when I open it there are no directories, just a lot of individual files with nothing telling me where to put them.

Can someone explain what I am supposed to do with them?

TIA

Just came back to 7DTD a few weeks back from a VERY long break ( last played was before smooth terrain was in lol). i would just like to say THANK YOU ( and any other moder that has been involved in this mod pack). The base game has come so far that I am more than impressed with the dev's and this mod pack just gives it that extra kick (imo) that ensures I will be playing it for a long time to come and will be a long time before I go on another break.

Once again

Thank You Valmar And TFP keep going and make this one of the best (if not THE best) Zombie Survival games ever released!

Greetings Everyone,

I have downloaded the Overhaul pack. I get a file named Valmod-Overhaul-master.zip. According to the install instructions this is supposed to contain a Data and a Mods directory that I copy to my game folder.

However, when I open it there are no directories, just a lot of individual files with nothing telling me where to put them.

Can someone explain what I am supposed to do with them?

TIA

Open the Valmod-Overhaul zip file. Inside should be a master file. Inside is a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop these folders into the game's directory, overwriting when prompted.

My downloaded zip file should not be showing you only the xml files. That would only happen if you opened the master/data/config folder within the zip.

To be honest Im not sure how you're getting this wrong here.

Just came back to 7DTD a few weeks back from a VERY long break ( last played was before smooth terrain was in lol). i would just like to say THANK YOU ( and any other moder that has been involved in this mod pack). The base game has come so far that I am more than impressed with the dev's and this mod pack just gives it that extra kick (imo) that ensures I will be playing it for a long time to come and will be a long time before I go on another break.

Once again

Thank You Valmar And TFP keep going and make this one of the best (if not THE best) Zombie Survival games ever released!

Why thank you, thats very kind of you. Much appreciated.

Great mod. I love the features that it adds to the game, but I have one question;

Will we ever see a Standalone mod of the UI/HUD for use on any and every server, or is it exclusively for this pack?

My UI is based off of Sirilions's work. You can find his original UI here: Sirillion's SMX UI Mod.

Mine is a little different, to be sure, but if you like mine you'll likely be satisfied with SMX which is a standalone UI mod.

Given that my UI is just a slightly modified version of Sirilion's amazing UI I would feel uncomfortable sharing a standalone Valmod UI.

Though, from what I understand, some UI images will still require the user to have the Mods folder installed locally.

Lockpicking play safes

it looks like you can lockpick play safes which kind of makes the high end storage useless. Is this intentional? Anyway to set it to not pick player safes? Might have to disable the pick all together :(

Not sure if this was a bug or feature either...

Thanks for reading, great mod.

it looks like you can lockpick play safes which kind of makes the high end storage useless. Is this intentional? Anyway to set it to not pick player safes? Might have to disable the pick all together :(

Not sure if this was a bug or feature either...

Thanks for reading, great mod.

PVP has never been an issue for me so this is something that wasn't even considered. Its a good point though. I will make a note to adjust it so the player has their own unique gunsafes that cannot be lockpicked (or at least not as quickly). Due to block ID limitations this change will have to wait until A16, however - assuming it clears up as many IDs as I'm hoping it does anyway.

Until then one little trick could be to just punch your safes so they take a point of damage. You cannot upgrade a block that has damage. They'd have to repair your safe if they want to lockpick it then.

Though who knows maybe A16 will have official real lockpicking and make all this redundant :)

15.2 ?

Valmod is compatible with the latest 7DTD version, if that is your question.

Word is 225 extra id's, fyi.

I wonder if that includes the new blocks that will be added. Either way, good to know an estimate. Thank you.

Valmar, may I ask one thing please?

Can you craft Silencers in game with the expansion version? I found one, but not sure if there is a skill book I need to find to be able to craft any further ones that I want so badly :)

Thank you

Silencer's cannot be crafted. You can only buy them from merchants or find them in loot.

Open the Valmod-Overhaul zip file. Inside should be a master file. Inside is a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop these folders into the game's directory, overwriting when prompted.

My downloaded zip file should not be showing you only the xml files. That would only happen if you opened the master/data/config folder within the zip.

To be honest Im not sure how you're getting this wrong here.

I figured it out.

First there was no Valmod-Overhaul zip file. The download link at the beginning of the post downloaded Valmod-Overhaul-master.zip. Second I had to actually extract the file (not just open it.) once extracted the directories were there.

Minibike glitch

At first thank you Valmar for that great mod. Some friends of mine and me are playing it together on an sserver and we have so much fun with it. You did a great work. We don't even be botherd abot a glich or other problems.

Yesterday while dismounting from the minibike, while sitting on bedrock we found out, that you fall through the world and once you relog, find yourself above. Also you can correctly place plates on bedrock. They either hover above it or stick half into the bedrock block. I like to ask, is that a known problem of your mod, or is this something for the PC Bug Report?

Still enjoying the mod and discovering new things about it! I have two questions tho, the first is: Do scorched runners die when they run into the snow biomes? I can't be sure if I killed it as soon as it crossed into the snow, or if the snow put it out. The 2nd is: I came across this odd rock in the desert, surrounded by burnt trees. It was a tall spire with a triangular base, and what kind of looks like a sword hilt on the top. I naturally thought it was a Sword in the Stone replica, but I haven't been able to find any info on it. What does it do? Is there water hidden below it? A secret door or something? That would be awesome if there was some kind of hidden bunker below it, with a water source.

At first thank you Valmar for that great mod. Some friends of mine and me are playing it together on an sserver and we have so much fun with it. You did a great work. We don't even be botherd abot a glich or other problems.

Yesterday while dismounting from the minibike, while sitting on bedrock we found out, that you fall through the world and once you relog, find yourself above. Also you can correctly place plates on bedrock. They either hover above it or stick half into the bedrock block. I like to ask, is that a known problem of your mod, or is this something for the PC Bug Report?

If the tunnel underground is only one block wide you will glitch through the ground and fall below, or if you are to close to the wall when you get off. I found opening it up to 3 spaces or more to park/exit the bike solved the problem for me.

Gotta say just downloaded this mod and my god.... Its so much better than the vanilla game. The slasher scared the everloving crap out of me when it attacked me. Thank god for the tree he got hung up on, now I have a pretty nice legendary machete.

Hey Valmar,

I am working on a combo pack using War of the Walkers as the base mod.

Is it okay if I use some of the ideas from your mod?

I am adding things like the butchers knife and skinning knife, etc from your mod and might even use your icons if I cannot manage decent icons of my own.

This is for personal use and maybe sharing with my friends, but I might release it for public use if it works well for us.

Just wanted to know how "comfortable" you are with sharing your brain child. :)

hi, I had a longer break in playing 7DTD. Can't find the DL for the Hord Editon. Is there still one?

Edit: OK, found one via google. Why there is no link in the first post? Horde edition is great!

There is a horde edition link in the OP, actually. Its hidden/tucked away in the spoiler tag near the bottom, down around the Kickz video link.

:)

Other than having a larger inventory my minibike is vanilla. As I cannot see how/why my changes to the inventory size could have any impact on the minibike outside of just the the inventory size any bugs or issues associated with the minibike are thus vanilla in nature, imo.

The minibike has been plagued with these types of problems since its introduction, for whatever thats worth.

Still enjoying the mod and discovering new things about it! I have two questions tho, the first is: Do scorched runners die when they run into the snow biomes? I can't be sure if I killed it as soon as it crossed into the snow, or if the snow put it out. The 2nd is: I came across this odd rock in the desert, surrounded by burnt trees. It was a tall spire with a triangular base, and what kind of looks like a sword hilt on the top. I naturally thought it was a Sword in the Stone replica, but I haven't been able to find any info on it. What does it do? Is there water hidden below it? A secret door or something? That would be awesome if there was some kind of hidden bunker below it, with a water source.

No, scorched runners won't die in the snow. A neat idea though which might be possible. Will surely be possible in the next big alpha update when they give us "buff on spawn" powers for zombies. I will make a note to look into that.

What you're describing in the desert sounds like an Indian burial ground. If I recall correctly if you dig it up you will find an treasure chest with some nice loot.

Gotta say just downloaded this mod and my god.... Its so much better than the vanilla game. The slasher scared the everloving crap out of me when it attacked me. Thank god for the tree he got hung up on, now I have a pretty nice legendary machete.

Thank you. I always enjoy hearing peoples first encounter with the Slasher. :p

Hey Valmar,

I am working on a combo pack using War of the Walkers as the base mod.

Is it okay if I use some of the ideas from your mod?

I am adding things like the butchers knife and skinning knife, etc from your mod and might even use your icons if I cannot manage decent icons of my own.

This is for personal use and maybe sharing with my friends, but I might release it for public use if it works well for us.

Just wanted to know how "comfortable" you are with sharing your brain child. :)

Sure. Have at it, Hoss.

So we have really been enjoying the mod. Although, its almost day 100, we have 300% loot abundace with 3 day respawn but we have yet to see a single silencer, highpowered scope, or choke. Is there somewhere particular these come from or are we just that unlucky. I figured after 100 hours played, we would have seen at least 1. We are using the overhaul mod.

Archived