A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Place suitcase on ground then equip the key and right click to unlock. Then press e to open. I just verified that this is working, on B06 at least.

That's what I did but when I press E nothing happen, just this magnifier icon appear but the suitcase won't open.

I am using same install as you. VME 4.75+HORDE+Extended Packs

When you use the key by right clicking the message on the suitcase should change to <[E]> SearchClass - then your class

Does it do that?

I suggest that you delete the mod then reinstall. Run the game for the first time by pressing PLAY in the launcher as this is required to load all the mods features.

When you use the key by right clicking the message on the suitcase should change to <[E]> SearchClass - then your class

Does it do that?

I suggest that you delete the mod then reinstall. Run the game for the first time by pressing PLAY in the launcher as this is required to load all the mods features.

I reinstalled the overhaul and it is working now!

When I used the extension any container would not open.

Well I ran into another issue I can't upgrade wood blocks now.

And I checked the CM menu to see what I would need and it states that I need the carpentry skill.

I checked and it's not there.

Which version should I get to be able to get that skill?

Btw I'm using the VME version.

Experienced this too, reasons are weird

I know you said you fix it after reinstalling the overhaul but sometimes it can glitch when you move over some objects that contain missing item locations or something even weirder - if the console comes up for any other reason just quit the game (actually close the game) and restart otherwise it will keep popping up and you may get stuck.

Another possibility (encountered this last year when starting out) is that the Horde pack conflicts with the expansion resulting in exactly what you described where no container will open - try without the Horde and they all open but ofc they are to be installed separately from what I recall as they offer different gameplay. Recall doing a clean install of the overhaul + expansion and never had any issues that affected my enjoyment of the game.

That's what I did but when I press E nothing happen, just this magnifier icon appear but the suitcase won't open.

If you're after upgrading non-standard blocks you require the Decorative Artisan Table, there's a lot locked behind there to improve performance, it can be built within your crafting menu.

Not too sure how CM works since I never use it but if you're at least Level 1 for Quicker Crafting you unlock wood blocks, Level 2 unlocks cobblestone, may as well add you need to be level 20 in construction (essential to build anything nice) to upgrade blocks with concrete, 40 for steel blocks, once you're level 20 you can build a workbench, and level 50 gets you the chem station.

Sorry if this didn't answer your question.

And I checked the CM menu to see what I would need and it states that I need the carpentry skill.

Can't make it any clearer than that Xyth and worth pointing it out for those reading through this large thread :)

Valmar's OP is well written, in an easy to understand format but there can be one misunderstanding on this - man I feel bad for what appears to be a nitpick when Valmar has done so much for the community so please forgive me...

The text that explains this was underneath the excellent G4K Let's Play series in a spoiler hence why some may miss it and think it was do with that playthrough (see image below). And perhaps make it clear it cannot work with the Expansion to avoid potential issues.

jMbUwxK.jpg.df384dbe0f175d3baa348470d6191deb.jpg

Quote: "Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition

Install ontop of Overhaul to get lethal headshots, larger hordes and disable climbing zombies."

The HORDE edition only works when loaded after Valmod OVERHAUL. It wont work properly with Valmod EXPANSION.

The problem was probably due to you trying to use Horde Edition with Expansion pacak. Horde Edition is only an Overhaul thing. It wouldn't work with Expansion. Though this was already pointed out by others I still felt like clarifying it.

Are you sure you're using Expansion pack? Carpentry is not a skill in Expansion Pack. That is only a skill in Overhaul. Also in Overhaul woodframes are upgraded using Carpenter Kits, which require skill in carpentry to craft.

Can't make it any clearer than that Xyth and worth pointing it out for those reading through this large thread :)

Valmar's OP is well written, in an easy to understand format but there can be one misunderstanding on this - man I feel bad for what appears to be a nitpick when Valmar has done so much for the community so please forgive me...

The text that explains this was underneath the excellent G4K Let's Play series in a spoiler hence why some may miss it and think it was do with that playthrough (see image below). And perhaps make it clear it cannot work with the Expansion to avoid potential issues.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19203[/ATTACH]

Quote: "Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition

Install ontop of Overhaul to get lethal headshots, larger hordes and disable climbing zombies."

Well my mentality of it is that no one can accidentally download Horde Edition because to find it they have to click the spoiler - which means they'd have to read where it specifically says Overhaul. I figured it was clear enough that it doesn't work with Expansion pack since Is specifically called Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition and the install instructions specifically say to add ontop of the overhaul.

Though I will add a note to say it doesnt work with Expansion pack. :p

Well I was trying to upgrade the broken wood blocks and it said I couldn't cause I needed the carpenter kits to do so.

I remember being able to upgrade them for 3 wood to turn them into wood frames.

But now I can't.

Again, if you must be playing Valmod Overhaul. The expansion pack does not have carpenter kits at all. Maybe you used to have Overhaul and installed Expansion over it at some point and it didn't correctly overwrite everything?

Hi Valmar. I've been having a problem with my game while running your mod and thought I'd check if you knew what was causing it. I made my original post here in the General Support board as I thought it was a game bug, but thought I'd check with you as someone mentioned to post it here as well. Hope you can help.

Greetings. This problem is related to the assembly-csharp file not being present, typically. To make sure try to launch the game with EAC/Anti-Cheat. If the modded .dll file is correctly installed for bigger backpack then the game WONT load - you'll only get a black screen. If it still loads fine, however, then definitely reinstall the bigger backpack mod.

If you're on a server make sure the server and the client both have it installed.

If you are getting a black screen when you launch with EAC/Anti-Cheat, which means the .dll is installed, then the issue could be that you made the map before adding the bigger backpack mod. In this case your character will need to die once for it to "reset" and start remembering the extra slots.

Greetings. This problem is related to the assembly-csharp file not being present, typically. To make sure try to launch the game with EAC/Anti-Cheat. If the modded .dll file is correctly installed for bigger backpack then the game WONT load - you'll only get a black screen. If it still loads fine, however, then definitely reinstall the bigger backpack mod.

If you're on a server make sure the server and the client both have it installed.

If you are getting a black screen when you launch with EAC/Anti-Cheat, which means the .dll is installed, then the issue could be that you made the map before adding the bigger backpack mod. In this case your character will need to die once for it to "reset" and start remembering the extra slots.

Hi Valmar. Thank you for your quick response. You were right about the assembly-csharp file being the culprit however the file was there, it was just not the same size as yours for some odd reason. I put your one back in and everything is fine again. Thanks again!

Is the bigger backpack buggy or? seems i cant shift click things to my inventory, only to belt

worked yesterday when i started playing but now its not

Thanks for an awesome mod anyhow

edit: and now it just work again after having the game on a while :D

@Val - Was playing Overhaul/compo/bigbackpack yesterday and found that cobblestone full blocks upgrade directly to concrete instead of to Flagstone like all the other cobblestone block shapes do. The problem is here:

<block id="785" name="cobblestoneBlock">

<property name="Extends" value="cobblestoneMaster" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock"> <property name="ToBlock" value="concreteBlock" /> </property>

</block>

Might want to check the other versions of your mods in case this error is also in them.

@Val - Was playing Overhaul/compo/bigbackpack yesterday and found that cobblestone full blocks upgrade directly to concrete instead of to Flagstone like all the other cobblestone block shapes do. The problem is here:

<block id="785" name="cobblestoneBlock">

<property name="Extends" value="cobblestoneMaster" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock"> <property name="ToBlock" value="concreteBlock" /> </property>

</block>

Might want to check the other versions of your mods in case this error is also in them.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will definitely get that fixed in the next patch. Sorry for the oversight.

hello

im trying to get this mod to work and i got my own server on gtxgaming and downloaded it there and on my on pc and i get stuck on the starting game screen or the waiting for server screen or NullReferenceException: Object reference is not set to an instance of an object" so i can't get it to work for me and my friends =[

Capture.jpg.94ab2069652bd34670b9467752d64b8f.jpg

hello

i downloaded ur mod onto a server i got from gtxgaming and also downloaded it onto my pc but i cant get past the loading screen on the server either gets stuck at waiting for server, starting game, or NullReferenceException: Object reference is not set to an instance of an object" and it worked in single player i dont get how to fix this plz help!

@Tacoanator

I do not support any server's "automatic install" processes. I only support manual install. I have no control over how "gtxgaming" installs my mod if you use their service to do it for you. I dont know what could be wrong with it or how to troubleshoot it. I dont even know if its kept updated or not. That is not my responsibility and outside of my control.

If you want to install my Mod on a server then you should do it manually with FTP, as that is the only "official" way I support. I do not recommend or support using any server-provided service that automates the process for you as I am not associated with them or their methods. I can even install it for you if want, just PM me the FTP info and what version you want.

Still don't understand why in Expansion version of this pack won't allow me to upgrade wood frames.

The problems you are having are almost certainly related to a mismatch in xml files, usually due to mixing expansion with HORDE, adding in the wrong bigbackpack version, or otherwise mixing overhaul and expansion xml files. The best solution is to completely uninstall the game and then after reinstalling the game, use the 7D2D launcher to install the version of Valmod you want.

@Tacoanator

I do not support any server's "automatic install" processes. I only support manual install. I have no control over how "gtxgaming" installs my mod if you use their service to do it for you. I dont know what could be wrong with it or how to troubleshoot it. I dont even know if its kept updated or not. That is not my responsibility and outside of my control.

If you want to install my Mod on a server then you should do it manually with FTP, as that is the only "official" way I support. I do not recommend or support using any server-provided service that automates the process for you as I am not associated with them or their methods. I can even install it for you if want, just PM me the FTP info and what version you want.

The problem here is that only the DATA folder exists, the MOD folder doesn't seems to "have" in the ViLayer structure. I'm gonna open a ticket with them and try to figure this out. Gonna update you guys over here.

Thanks for the reply @Valmar.

Archived