Banned on Discord...

fid

Tried joinining the 7DTD discord and it turns out im banned for some reason. I dont know why im banned and Im wondering if I could maybe be unbanned from the server.

my discord is hcsv no tags.

Looks like it's been about three years or so, which makes it hard to pull data. The ban has no reason listed, so we have decided to revoke it for now. 

Please be mindful of the rules of the Discord, and that shouldn't happen again.

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

Hi I was banned by some crazy admin YnD for no valid reason. He claims I asked him to mute me and remove my permissions to create a voice channel. I created a ticket to try and get help from another admin, and he responded to the ticket and banned me when I tagged other admins for help on said ticket.

Be careful what you say.... I am so disgusted by this guy. He must think hes king of the world for being a lying sociopath. What a great way to treat a total stranger like crap who was just minding his own business in a channel with one other person. Right after I wrong that this ticket is being documented I @ the other admins I saw at the top right of the discord not knowing that it would time me out for one hour. He responded something like "oh you shouldnt of done that now I have a reason to ban you" and did. Didnt have enough time to take another screenshot since after he banned me it removed the chat log from the ticket inside that discord.

Edited by Manwithfoot
Forgot details, not used to having to get help from admin abuse. (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Manwithfoot said:

spacer.png

Hi I was banned by some crazy admin YnD for no valid reason. He claims I asked him to mute me and remove my permissions to create a voice channel. I created a ticket to try and get help from another admin, and he responded to the ticket and banned me when I tagged other admins for help on said ticket.

Be careful what you say.... I am so disgusted by this guy. He must think hes king of the world for being a lying sociopath. What a great way to treat a total stranger like crap who was just minding his own business in a channel with one other person. Right after I wrong that this ticket is being documented I @ the other admins I saw at the top right of the discord not knowing that it would time me out for one hour. He responded something like "oh you shouldnt of done that now I have a reason to ban you" and did. Didnt have enough time to take another screenshot since after he banned me it removed the chat log from the ticket inside that discord.

First of all, mistakes can happen. You did not post your initial request so I can't judge who is at fault. But it doesn't matter, sometimes people make a mistake and that can happen to moderators as well.

Now how you react to such a mistake determines how you are treated, and judging by your post here you were probably banned for flaming that moderator. If you call someone crazy or sociopath, no matter what reason you believe to have, you deserve the ban. 

I am saying this just as a normal forum poster though, I am not a mod on discord, @Crater Creator may be able to help you, just send him a private message here on the forum

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I did ask what had happened and was told there were numerous complaints about disliked/disruptive behavior from other users in voice chat rooms. Outside of that, that is beyond me as we don't moderate/run that discord. Just relaying what was told to me, as Meganoth said Crater Creator may be the one to help there. Maybe an acknowledgment of the rules/happenings/apology will bring an unban

I am not going to apology to someone who is bullying me. Last night I was sitting in a voice channel with just my girlfriend when YnD joined and started messing with me. I asked him to please leave us alone and stop bothering us and he retaliated by removing my permission to create my own voice channel. I created a ticket for just that, and he began to harass me more by dealing with the ticket and being a lying sociopath. That is not an insult that is what happened. He is deliberately lying and treating me like crap with complete lack of empathy. He claims I told him to mute me and remove my permission to create a voice channel when I never said either. Then he asks me to prove him wrong with obs? So now we have to have proof for when an admin removes our permissions when he never has any proof/ or a reason to begin with?! If you guys dont end up unbanning me its fine, because im sure YnD would just find another way to @%$# with me if you did. How unfortunate. Ill copy and paste all this to crater.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

First of all, mistakes can happen. You did not post your initial request so I can't judge who is at fault. But it doesn't matter, sometimes people make a mistake and that can happen to moderators as well.

Now how you react to such a mistake determines how you are treated, and judging by your post here you were probably banned for flaming that moderator. If you call someone crazy or sociopath, no matter what reason you believe to have, you deserve the ban. 

I am saying this just as a normal forum poster though, I am not a mod on discord, @Crater Creator may be able to help you, just send him a private message here on the forum

mistakes happen? If you look at the screenshot it is very obvious what he is doing. Its all intentional. Also rationally speaking, why would I ask him to remove my permissions if right after I am submitting a ticket to get them back. If thats what I wanted I wouldn't be submitting a ticket. I wouldnt of taken the time to get a url image for this forum. I wouldnt of taken the time to create an account for this forum. I wouldnt of taken the time to respond to you.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

at one point he says "I dont know what you are expecting here" when I said 3 times I wanted my permissions back to create a voice channel. He knew what I wanted and expected and was just trolling me. This is sad sad admin abuse.

FYI a screenshot of a small bit of the interaction is not definite proof one was wrong as it doesn’t show what happened to that point.  It is also only one side of the story told by one of the main participants.  As Meganoth mentioned, coming into a forum public trashing a moderator won’t help your cause.  Reach out to cc privately who will likely advocate a neutral response on what should happen next based on getting information from both sides.

As someone who was unfairly banned a long time ago from a game server, I contacted the main admin to explain my case in a polite, respectful way while never throwing insults at the person who banned me - just explained my side of the story and why I thought the admin made a mistake.  I also have been on the other side where admins were blamed for banning people just because they enforced the rules.

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

FYI a screenshot of a small bit of the interaction is not definite proof one was wrong as it doesn’t show what happened to that point.  It is also only one side of the story told by one of the main participants.  As Meganoth mentioned, coming into a forum public trashing a moderator won’t help your cause.  Reach out to cc privately who will likely advocate a neutral response on what should happen next based on getting information from both sides.

As someone who was unfairly banned a long time ago from a game server, I contacted the main admin to explain my case in a polite, respectful way while never throwing insults at the person who banned me - just explained my side of the story and why I thought the admin made a mistake.  I also have been on the other side where admins were blamed for banning people just because they enforced the rules.

As I mentioned, I would have even more of that conversation if it didnt get removed from my access when getting banned from the discord. I wasnt screen shotting between every message on the ticket. I am also not trashing anyone. I simply was targeted by an individual with power to harass me and attempted to reach out to others via ticket and still had to deal with YnD and be subjected to whatever mind game he wanted to play in that ticket conversation. Typically yeah if I was appealing a ban that was a mistake on the part of the moderator, I wouldnt be bringing up any verbiage for how the individual treated me. But this was not a mistake by said moderator YnD. In order for this whole appeal of mine to make sense I have to bring up the person responsible. If I told this entire story without mentioning I was being intentionally targeted by a member of the moderation team, none of it would make any sense. The proof I shared of the intentional harassments, has his name in it.

Edited by Manwithfoot (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Manwithfoot said:

As I mentioned, I would have even more of that conversation if it didnt get removed from my access when getting banned from the discord. I wasnt screen shotting between every message on the ticket. I am also not trashing anyone. I simply was targeted by an individual with power to harass me and attempted to reach out to others via ticket and still had to deal with YnD and be subjected to whatever mind game he wanted to play in that ticket conversation. Typically yeah if I was appealing a ban that was a mistake on the part of the moderator, I wouldnt be bringing up any verbiage for how the individual treated me. But this was not a mistake by said moderator YnD. In order for this whole appeal of mine to make sense I have to bring up the person responsible. If I told this entire story without mentioning I was being intentionally targeted by a member of the moderation team, none of it would make any sense. The proof I shared of the intentional harassments, has his name in it.

There is an important difference between for example factually saying "a mod has banned me, this is what happened..." and "There is a lying psychopath moderator who is intentionally targeting me". The first example is just citing the facts, the second one is A) full of emotion, hyperbole and assumptions you can not prove and B) flaming, which is a reason to be warned or banned in almost all forums of the world. By using insults you are making it easy for anyone to disregard your opinion as you clearly show the likely reason why you were banned and it is almost difficult for the moderators here to not give you a warning for that.

If you read the rules here, you are technically already violating 2 rules here and I (as one of the moderators) am giving you some slack so you can bring up your case to Crater Creator. Likely this thread will be hidden once we are done, because one rule here is that discussing moderator decisions should be done directly by private message, not openly in the forum. Why? To safe both sides from being denigrated with potentially wrong accusations. Like a court of law which is (normally) not open to the public.

We try to be as impartial as possible, but to do that we can only go on the facts. Luckily on a forum most or all facts of the case are still available even if one persons posts are hidden or he is banned (hopefully it is the same way on discord). So you won't need to actually show Crater any conversations but can only tell him when and where it started, so he can read the evidence himself.