(1.0) LittleRedSonja T2 evolved into T3 grade weapons

LittleRedSonja

Banner_1400x480_7DTD.thumb.png.513a7a06e1bb57422f71c701c9364dd6.png

Hi! 

Do you love the Hunting Knife but late game have to upgrade to Machete "because higher damage"? Did you upgrade to Steel Club but miss the distinct THUNK sound of your beloved Baseball Bat? The Sniper Rifle does not have the same "cool" factor as your Lever Action Rifle?

Fear no more! I present you the "Seal Combat Knife", the "Titanium Baseball Bat", the "Winchester 1873 Rifle", the "Holland & Holland Paradox" shotgun, the "Remington 870" pump shotgun, the "AK-74 Z Assault Rifle", the "MP-12 Machine Pistol", the "Devouring Gloves" and the "Electro Hammer".

Keep look, animations and sounds of the T2 weapons but get upgraded stats and some new added fun features. Unlocks at same levels and skill as the T3 equivalents, and requires weapon parts to crat. This mod adds several new weapons, it does not replace existing vanilla weapons, the vanilla weapons are still in the game untouched, but instead it adds more T3 weapon alternatives to choose from.

Weapon stats are tweaked and tested to make it as balanced as possible, while keeping it fun, making these weapons a competitive alternative but not an overpowered obvious choice. 

The Titanium Baseball Bat

Bonk those zombies in style with this impressive 32 inches baseball bat made of solid unforgiving hardwood with a Titanium core. The use of the Titanium Baseball Bat was declared a war crime by the UN right before the zombie apocalypse. The Titanium Baseball Bat inflicts slightly less damage than the steel club and it is less durable, but it is faster, lighter, and the satisfying THUNK sound makes up for it. 

Titanium_Baseball_Bat.thumb.png.1792e0bb40792a49b23dd846aae1808c.png

The Seal Combat Knife

This 11 inches knife will never let you down. You can always relay on it's laminated cobalt steel blade to open a tuna can or to Choppity Chop your way out of a zombie infested room. The Seal Combat Knife inflicts slightly less damage than the machete but its fastest attack speed and less stamina use compensate this. You have to take good care of it though, since it is less durable than the machete. Want to make it even more deadly? Equip a Flame mod and burn some zombies! The Seal Combat Knife can equip a Flame mod, unlike the hunting knife.

The_Seal_Knife_1.thumb.png.d6b8798a0e27c081d1ed193c9e9932e7.png

The Winchester 1873 Rifle
"The Gun That Won the West" was one of the most successful rifles of its day. Cowboys love this reliable rifle because it fires the same .44 ammo as their revolver. Fill your hands with this magnificent rifle, saddle up and blaze your trail into the sunset! The Winchester inflicts slightly less damage than the Sniper Rifle and has shorter range, but can fire faster and chambers 15 .44 rounds, making it the ideal companion for your .44 revolver. Ranger armor perks also apply to the Winchester Rifle. 

Mumpfy_Winchester.thumb.png.c6e5a0ae33427f9bae38153f578d28a5.png

The Remington 870 pump shotgun
A workhorse with a heart of steel, the Remington 870 is one of the most popular shotguns of all time. No other pump shotgun can match its sleek classical lines, ultimate strength and smooth, effortless operation. This never-say-die gun is the weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse. A high damage and shock alternative to the vanilla auto-shotgun. 

Remington870_1.thumb.png.8684bb5d6433f01c0cc2bbfcd9a21e0d.png

The Holland & Holland Paradox shotgun
Both elegant and extremely powerful, the Holland & Holland Paradox can stop an angry elephant as well as decimate a horde of feral zombies. Despite chambering only 2 shells its devastating power remains unmatched to this day. It is the only weapon in the world that can shoot HellFire shells, a new ammunition that offers formidable penetration and shock, and will set any foe on fire for a nice 4th July zombie BBQ.

HollandParadox_1.thumb.png.82755ba068a850921e13ed7e4fcd5794.png

The AK-74 Z
The AK-74 Z was the Russian quick response to the Zombie crisis. More powerful than the legendary AK-47, extremely durable and reliable, this weapon will never let you down and will keep firing when covered in mud or sand, or even underwater. Compared with the M60, the AK-74 Z inflicts slightly more damage, has a smaller magazine and slower rate of fire,  offers much better weapon handling and less recoil, and much better durability. In addition to that, the AK-74 Z is the only weapon in the game that can fire under water, making it a must choice if you build an underwater base. 

AK-74_Z.thumb.png.005f770186db541474ef9bc4712b3ccc.png

The MP-12 Machine Pistol
Previously the weapon of choice for many street gangs, the incredible rate of fire and ease of use of the MP-12 made it very popular between middle class housewifes during the Zombie Outbreak. This Machine Pistol fires .44 and incorporates a built-in Sionics Suppressor that improves weapon handling. The MP-12 fires .44 ammo, benefits from enforcer perks, has an incredible high rate of fire but less damage than the Desert Vulture. It also comes with a "built-in" suppressor.

MP-12_Machine_Pistol.thumb.png.86131679b8b4c6f238316990767fdedd.png

The Devouring Gloves

Legend says these gloves were once owned by Harkon, a powerful vampire of the old world. But vampires are not real, right? Something dark emanates from them, though, and you feel the hunger for blood as soon as you put the gloves on. Power attacks will bleed your foes, and as long as they are bleeding you will recover health. It is time to feed and embrace the dark. Cause bleeding with power attacks and regenerates health when nearby enemies are bleeding.

DevouringGloves.thumb.png.b6c359991e7bb6af837bbec60185b50b.png

The Electro Hammer

The Electro Hammer was developed by the American authorities to deal with the most dangerous and violent prisoners, where the stun baton lacked the 'punch'. The ultimate anti-riot weapon, it soon became popular between neighbourhood patrol services and rogue 'vigilantes' as an easy way to deal with petty criminals and looters. The Electro Hammer is slightly weaker than the steel sledgehammer, but is faster, easier to use, and will electrocute enemies. It benefits from skull crusher perk. 

ElectroHammer.thumb.png.7c9ca656ba7f8a29a236321626301fa2.png

To keep the mod "Server side only" it does not include any custom icons or prefabs. If the server where you play uses this mod you do not need to install it yourself. If you play solo, then install the mod as usual. 

I hope you enjoy the mod 💜. If you like this concept and want to give your favorite T1 or T2 weapon a rework just let me know! 🥰. This is my first time modding weapons in the game and I will probably do some more in the future if you like it ☺️.

Let me know too if you have suggestions or find bugs. Also, if you have an idea for a funny catchy name for the mod let me know, "T2 into T3 grade weapons" is kind of a boring name 😅.

Frequently asked questions: 

1- Does this mod remove the vanilla weapons?: No, all the vanilla weapons are still in the game, untouched and functional. What this mod does is ADD several completely new Tier 3 weapons,  so you will have several T3 alternatives to choose from. 

2- Is your mod compatible with X, Y or Z mod? : Yes, as far as I know my mod is compatible with every other single mod for 7DTD, including of course all my other mods, even full conversions or overhauls should be compatible as long as they do not remove the vanilla ammunition. If you find a mod that is incompatible with mine please let me know and I will see if a compatibility patch can be made. 

3- Can the mod be used server side only?: Yes, the mod can be used both server side only (so if the server where you play have it installed you do not need to install it yourself) or client side (if you play solo instead of multiplayer then you install the mod as usual).

4- Some of the weapons are not showing up in the crafting skills window: If you are using a lot of modded weapons, tolls, and other stuff, some of them might not show up in the corresponding crafting skills window, because there is very limited room there to show all the new modded stuff you have installed. It is not a problem, though. The items will unlock at the proper levels and you can always see what level is required in the items details window. Do not worry, it is just a visual issue, the mods will work as intended. 

5- Will you add more weapons?: Yes, I will add more weapons so you can keep enjoining your favorite weapon with upgraded stats late game. I am open to suggestions, so let me know what weapon you want and I will work on it! 💜

Download:

Nexus Mods: LittleRedSonja T2 into T3 grade weapons at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

SimFileshare: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4777335/

Take a look at my other mods, you might find something you like 🥰:

LittleRedSonja's Profile | Nexus Mods

Edited by LittleRedSonja
Added updated content and new pictures (see edit history)

Love that you did this mod.  I did a modlet for someone several alphas back to switch the T3 club with the T2 baseball bat.  Was thinking about updating it for V1.0, but seeing how you already have a mod that does another bat at T3, I am just going to point anyone that reaches out to me for a T3 bat to this mod.

UPDATE 1.1.0 - Add the Winchester 1873 Rifle, a Tier 3 lever action rifle. It uses .44 ammunition, making it a good companion to your Magnum .44 or Desert Vulture. Tweaked stats to make it balanced and a competitive alternative to the Sniper Rifle. 

The Winchester 1873 Rifle
"The Gun That Won the West" was one of the most successful rifles of its day. Cowboys love this reliable rifle because it fires the same .44 ammo as their revolver. Fill your hands with this magnificent rifle, saddle up and blaze your trail into the sunset! The Winchester inflicts slightly less damage than the Sniper Rifle and has shorter range, but can fire faster and chambers 15 .44 rounds, making it the ideal companion for your .44 revolver. Ranger armor perks also apply to the Winchester Rifle. 

I hope you like it 💜.

i wont lie, appreciate this! one thing i hate, no, DESPISE about the tier system is how once you reach tier 3, the other weapons become useless. 

for melee weapons? i kinda get it. iron into steel axe n pick, but even then, useing chainsaw and auger can be side grades depending on your build. same for spears, going from stone - steel is.. fine, cos not much can be done with melee. 

but man oh man i wish the ranged weapons all had been balanced to be usefull entierly. i remember the pistol being good for clearing POI's, but for horde night you need that damage with the SMG. made both guns usefull through the game, and a joy to find. 

best example was when the marksmans rifle was in the game. use that, or the hunting rifle? hunting was a beast of a gun, able to pop heads and keep a chain going for MASSIVE damage. but the marksman was better for hordes due to its DPS. 

then came the tierd system and... man. just @%$# that all away. X_X 

keep up the good work! may look into this more when a bigger arsenal comes out :D

UPDATE 1.1.1 (Bug Fix):

- Fixed Winchester Rifle doing less damage than expected. Since it fires .44 instead of 7.62 and the game considers .44 to be an only-pistol ammunition, it was not doing full damage when used in rifles. It will do full damage now. 
- Fixed Winchester Rifle doing less head damage than expected. 
- Slightly tweaked damage and durability for Seal Combat Knife and Titanium Baseball Bat, to make them a more attractive alternative. 

UPDATE 1.2.0 "Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels":

- Added the "Holland & Holland Paradox" shotgun and the "Remington 870" pump shotgun.
- Removed the black gunpowder smoke effect from the Winchester 1873. Since it shoots modern ammunition it does not make sense. If you want me to also  remove the effect from the vanilla lever action rifle let me know in the comments.

The Holland & Holland Paradox shotgun
Both elegant and extremely powerful, the Holland & Holland Paradox can stop an angry elephant as well as decimate a horde of feral zombies. Despite chambering only 2 shells its devastating power remains unmatched to this day. It is the only weapon in the world that can shoot HellFire shells, a new ammunition that offers formidable penetration and shock, and will set any foe on fire for a nice 4th July zombie BBQ.

The Remington 870 pump shotgun
A workhorse with a heart of steel, the Remington 870 is one of the most popular shotguns of all time. No other pump shotgun can match its sleek classical lines, ultimate strength and smooth, effortless operation. This never-say-die gun is the weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse. A high damage and shock alternative to the vanilla auto-shotgun. 

I hope you like the update. If you find issues or have suggestions let me know! 💜

Can you please make a version of the Winchester 1873 that chambers .44 magnum bullets instead of 7.62, and perhaps make it use Pistol stats instead of Rifle? That way we could have a tier 3 "rifle" variant for pistols, so that you can have the Desert Vulture for assassination, the SMG for "oh crap" scenarios, and the variant Winchester for sniping? That'd be amazing if you could.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Can you please make a version of the Winchester 1873 that chambers .44 magnum bullets instead of 7.62, and perhaps make it use Pistol stats instead of Rifle? That way we could have a tier 3 "rifle" variant for pistols, so that you can have the Desert Vulture for assassination, the SMG for "oh crap" scenarios, and the variant Winchester for sniping? That'd be amazing if you could.

Hi! Thank you for your comment 🥰

The Winchester 1873 already chambers .44 magnum ammunition, it is one of the "features" I added (you can see that in the weapons description 😉). So that part, done! 😅.

About making it use pistol perks instead of rifle I could make an Add-On for the mod to change that, as optional, for people that want that feature. Let me take a look at that and I will try to add that in a next update. 

Thank you for the suggestion, and I hope you enjoy the mod 💜

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

I have an idea for a mod, a Mac-10 or 11 style Machine pistol. that is built by mixing an smg reciever and mag or stamp or whatever with the other two pistols part. a hybrid between a pistol and and smg.

On 8/12/2024 at 5:04 PM, LordSyke said:

I have an idea for a mod, a Mac-10 or 11 style Machine pistol. that is built by mixing an smg reciever and mag or stamp or whatever with the other two pistols part. a hybrid between a pistol and and smg.

A machine pistol sounds like a fun idea, I will see what I can do for a future update.

Thank you for the suggestion 🥰.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a small update in the form of an optional ADD-ON for the mod. It is an add-on since it includes custom assets, so it cannot be used server side only (unlike the main mod). I made it for Fin's Winchester POI and Challenge

I am still working on an update for the main mod that I will release very soon, but perhaps some of you might enjoy this one too. It is my first weapon made in Unity 🥰.

BigBadBat_01.thumb.png.3b0d9594981df91899d3756e33cae12a.png

Big Bad Bat

A Big Bad Cricket Bat, designed with the sole purpose of crushing skulls. Clear the path to The Winchester with this 'zombie-killer weapon' and enjoy a cold one with Shaun, Ed and Liz. It has equivalent stats to my Titanium Baseball Bat.

Download:

Nexus mods: LittleRedSonja T2 into T3 grade weapons at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

(Mirror) SimFileShare: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4921227/

I hope you enjoy it, and stay tuned for more cool weapons soon! 💜

UPDATE 1.4.0: 

- Added the AK-74 Z, a Tier 3 version of the AK-47. 

- Added the MP12 Machine Pistol, and automatic T3 gun chambering .44 rounds and with incredible rate of fire.
- Added the possibility to craft boxes of HellFire Shells. The recipe unlocks when finishing the "Shotgun Mesiah Books" (same as other shotgun ammo boxes).
- Fixed armor penetration for .44 ammunition when fired with the Winchester. 
- Reworked how the guns are added to the skill tree. Skill trees will now look cleaner, the new weapons are added together with the existing T3 weapons, and this will make the mod integrate much nicer with vanilla and other mods.  I am personally quite proud about this improvement, I hope you like it too.  

The AK-74 Z
The AK-74 Z was the Russian quick response to the Zombie crisis. More powerful than the legendary AK-47, extremely durable and reliable, this weapon will never let you down and will keep firing when covered in mud or sand, or even underwater. Compared with the M60, the AK-74 Z inflicts slightly more damage, has a smaller magazine and slower rate of fire,  offers much better weapon handling and less recoil, and much better durability. In addition to that, the AK-74 Z is the only weapon in the game that can fire under water, making it a must choice if you build an underwater base. 

AK-74_Z.thumb.png.d8c386b684227518427a65dc5089731d.png

The MP-12 Machine Pistol
Previously the weapon of choice for many street gangs, the incredible rate of fire and ease of use of the MP-12 made it very popular between middle class housewifes during the Zombie Outbreak. This Machine Pistol fires .44 and incorporates a built-in Sionics Supressor that improves weapon handling. The MP-12 fires .44 ammo, benefits from enforcer perks, has an incredible high rate of fire but less damage than the Desert Vulture. It also comes with a "built-in" suppressor.

MP-12_Machine_Pistol.thumb.png.5ec76c0261594496c6fc011feb139871.png

Hi,

at first, nice Mod , thanks for your work. 🙂

second, there is a litte typo in the localization file. The ammoBundleShotgunHellFire is on the wrong line and after ammoShotgunHellFireDesc the comma in the end are missing.

I fixed this and added a german translation too. You can download the localization file on the following link.

https://github.com/Scomar82/Media/blob/master/LRS-T2-T3-fixed-added-german-localization.txt

UPDATE 1.4.2:

- Rebalanced the MP-12, slightly reduced the damage and reduced the max and effective range, placing it in the "short range panic gun" and "stealth automatic weapon" categories instead of being a no-brain replacement for the SMG. It keeps the built-in suppressor and the crazy high rate of fire, so keep an eye on your ammo 😉.

- Added 6 decorative posters as a "Catch Them All" minigame, as an OPTIONAL ADD-ON.
This is a requested feature. It adds a small collection of posters showing my favorite thumbnails for the weapons. The posters are not craftable, only lootable. Once you find all the posters you will get a nice reward and a schematic that unlocks the recipe to craft all the posters as a Variant helper. This reward can only be obtained once per game and player. Where can you find the posters? Well, think about "where you could find weapons" and "secret hidden boxes" and you will find them 😋.

A small update that I have used as a "learning experience" to implement a catch them all minigame. It has been quite a big headache to make it work, since it is my first time dealing with buffs, game events and similar stuff, but I am happy with the result. Now that I figured this out I will implement a similar solution in my "Plushies" mod, so I you were waiting for that, I will be releasing the "Catch them All" version of the Plushies mod this week. 

I hope you like it, let me know what you think about the idea of the catch them all posters, and about the rebalance for the MP-12 💜.

A special "Thank you" to Spider, from the Guppys Discord, for kindly answer all my silly questions about Buffs. Thank you Spider! 💜

Download for the POSTERS ADD-ON: 

Nexus mods: It is the same link as for the core main mod, but here it is for convenience: LittleRedSonja T2 into T3 grade weapons at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Mirror (SimFileShare): http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4946413/

Hello! Great mod. Really enjoying the AK-74 and Remington :D

Would it be possible to make a Tactical AR T3 variant? Maybe with higher damage than the M60, but a default mag size of 20? The lower mag size could be used to simulate how most high calibre ARs/battle rifles usually come with a 20 round capacity.

Thank you, I am happy that you are enjoying it! 😊

Sure, the plan is to keep adding more nice and fun weapons. Next update is going to be melee weapons, since the latest updates have all being about guns. but after that one I will keep looking into new fun guns to add. 

Thank you for the suggestion! 💜

Maybe do the iron sledgehammer next? And would it be possible to use the steel sledgehammer animation in place of the default iron one? The iron animation looks a bit...weak. Possibly a lower stamina cost too (around 10%), faster attack speed (5%) and increased damage (15% for normal and power). If possible, maybe make it so that lower quality sledgehammers use more stamina to swing (emulating worse quality craftmanship such as heavier or less efficient methods)? And for the drawback, potentially keep the iron sledge durability? I feel like that'd be a good trade-off.

Just some suggestions. If you feel like it wouldn't fit what your vision for the mod is, that's okay. Not gonna stop using it regardless of what you do. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Duncanois said:

Maybe do the iron sledgehammer next? And would it be possible to use the steel sledgehammer animation in place of the default iron one? The iron animation looks a bit...weak. Possibly a lower stamina cost too (around 10%), faster attack speed (5%) and increased damage (15% for normal and power). If possible, maybe make it so that lower quality sledgehammers use more stamina to swing (emulating worse quality craftmanship such as heavier or less efficient methods)? And for the drawback, potentially keep the iron sledge durability? I feel like that'd be a good trade-off.

Just some suggestions. If you feel like it wouldn't fit what your vision for the mod is, that's okay. Not gonna stop using it regardless of what you do. Thanks again!

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestions! 🥰

Yes, a new sledgehammer is one of the weapons I am working on, so it will probably be one of the ones included in the next update  💜.