New Direwolfs

Posted (edited)

Met one on day 6 at night trying to quickly jump in into Animal Hoarder house to get the loot since trader just closed. Man was I in for a big surprise with those red eyes. Shot 3 clips of 9 mm and I still almost died.
Who ever made it great job and great new sounds!! Really liking it.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

I saw one for the first time roaming around my hide out at night...on the 2nd night, in the forest biome!  I was like, what the hell is that???  Good job on the new model, but the 2nd night...in the forest?  Yikes!

I saw one for the first time this morning. Takes care of my pet peeve about the direwolves, they looked too much like dogs. They're way more evil now. 

They ought to increase the leather harvest for them to encourage people to go hunt them

Yeah. This creeped up behind me and mess me up. I'd almost forgotten about my horrible childhood and young adult nightmares after stumbling on a copy of Hound of the Baskervilles. Thanks, Fun Pimps!

Spoiler

spacer.png

I heard the panting of the dogs outside my base somewhere -- thought, zombie dog pack! Normally happens on the fifth day. Good boost of rotten meat for farming... So stepped out to take care of them and next moment i'm like WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!!???!?!!

I recall the first time I ever encountered mountain lions in the snow biome. I was thinking meat, so I built my normal kill tower I used for other animals. Just a tower of wood block surrounded by spikes, expecting it to kill itself trying to get to me, and so I p*ssed it off with an arrow. NOBODY TOLD ME THEY COULD FLY! It came soaring at me, attacked me on the top of the wood tower, knocked me into my own spikes, then killed me as I tried to run away.