V1.0 b312 EXP (b313 hotfix)

On 7/3/2024 at 5:27 PM, a_jp said:

sorry. Could you please tell me how to update multiserver to b312?
I was able to change to b309 a few days ago.
Even if you follow the same steps
I'm still using b309 for now.

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental
Is this wrong?

I also encountered the same problem.

After updating 7dtd to the latest version using steamcmd on ubuntu, the path setting doesn't work for some reason and it is placed in the default "/home/xxx/Steam/steamapp/comon/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server".

I have confirmed that the latest "b313" works when started in the above directory.

If you want to maintain the world, you need to carry xml etc.

its been a while since i posted on here since the wipe 

and i been an A12 player where jars were a thing to make and have 

when collecting water that and the dew collector which wasnt an issue 

since it didnt require a filter (which still dont give you clean water) 

but i figure with all the mechs into whats up 

is it possible to get running source water from houses

upon either fixing a broken generator attached to it or something 

as apart from having the concept of adapting a building to fortify 

and call your own 

just thought but i do miss some of the mechs tho i like the new theme 

just need a bit more on how to get a reliable source of getting water 

then finding murky water get the runs going to the trader to get the golden tea 

would be nice to get a source of water get the runs and forget we even knew the trader for the tea 

would be nice to use the toilet for relaxation points lol

4 hours ago, sheol13 said:

I also encountered the same problem.

After updating 7dtd to the latest version using steamcmd on ubuntu, the path setting doesn't work for some reason and it is placed in the default "/home/xxx/Steam/steamapp/comon/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server".

I have confirmed that the latest "b313" works when started in the above directory.

If you want to maintain the world, you need to carry xml etc.

Have you set the install path BEFORE login ? If not, then that may be the reason the path setting was ignored. Some months ago the order was switched

10 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Are there still issues with switches not working?

They said that should be fixed.  I haven't experienced it yet in 1.0, but I'm only just starting tier 4 quests.

10 hours ago, meganoth said:

Have you set the install path BEFORE login ? If not, then that may be the reason the path setting was ignored. Some months ago the order was switched

Yes, I set the installation path before logging in.

I restarted ubuntu and tried twice, but the installation destination did not change.

Maybe it will change if I reinstall 7dtd, but I haven't been able to try it because I needed to resolve it as soon as possible.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sheol13 said:

Yes, I set the installation path before logging in.

I restarted ubuntu and tried twice, but the installation destination did not change.

Maybe it will change if I reinstall 7dtd, but I haven't been able to try it because I needed to resolve it as soon as possible.

You could change into the steam log directory and grep for your path. If the path is in your home dir, search for the name of the home dir instead (if it is "/home/xxx/...", use "grep xxx *" or "grep home/xxx *"). If there are problems with the specific path you will immediately find them and they might tell you why steam can't use it.

Alternatively "grep -i error *" may find something interesting as well.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

They said that should be fixed.  I haven't experienced it yet in 1.0, but I'm only just starting tier 4 quests.

I had a friend join me to do a test run on a prefab I created in the Playtest mode of the prefab editor and he was unable to open any of them. Not sure maybe it's something to do with the editor.

2 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

I had a friend join me to do a test run on a prefab I created in the Playtest mode of the prefab editor and he was unable to open any of them. Not sure maybe it's something to do with the editor.

Did they download the POI?  If they don't have the POI, then buttons will not work.  That isn't the bug that was being fixed.  The bug was for vanilla POI where buttons just "randomly" don't work.

On 7/3/2024 at 11:51 AM, meganoth said:

You missed that workbenches can be crafted from day 1.

Yeah if you are lucky and get 10 forged ahead books.  The level unlock is pretty low for the workbench.

On the other hand, you can actually go do an Intellect playthrough and be very unlucky and don't gather enough forged ahead magazines until Day 8.  Not sure how that happened to me, but it did  😀

No complaints though as I like a challenge.  It just meant waiting a bit longer to craft my NERD armor  😁

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Yeah if you are lucky and get 10 forged ahead books.  The level unlock is pretty low for the workbench.

On the other hand, you can actually go do an Intellect playthrough and be very unlucky and don't gather enough forged ahead magazines until Day 8.  Not sure how that happened to me, but it did  😀

No complaints though as I like a challenge.  It just meant waiting a bit longer to craft my NERD armor  😁

Heh. In my current game, I found two vehicle magazines on my way to the trader at the beginning of the game and proceeded to keep finding them and unlock bicycle crafting by the middle of day 2 (2 hour days) yet only found 2 forge ahead magazines so I didn't have a workbench to craft one.  I even found handlebars.  If I had found a chassis, I could have crafted a bicycle before the end of day 2.  Lol.  Never had that happen before.  I will haven't found enough to unlock workbenches by day 5.  I could buy them, but I won't buy magazines.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Riamus said:

Heh. In my current game, I found two vehicle magazines on my way to the trader at the beginning of the game and proceeded to keep finding them and unlock bicycle crafting by the middle of day 2 (2 hour days) yet only found 2 forge ahead magazines so I didn't have a workbench to craft one.  I even found handlebars.  If I had found a chassis, I could have crafted a bicycle before the end of day 2.  Lol.  Never had that happen before.  I will haven't found enough to unlock workbenches by day 5.  I could buy them, but I won't buy magazines.

Wait, I thought workbenches are unlocked by default now? That's what Meganoth mentioned?

22 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Wait, I thought workbenches are unlocked by default now? That's what Meganoth mentioned?

Weeell. One of my co-op players told me that when I found out I could already build workbenches without having seen any message. I didn't check at the time and never were on the gaming PC when it occured to me I should check that. 

I finally did check on saturday and found out it wasn't really instant. Though to me as a player it was this time 😉

22 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Weeell. One of my co-op players told me that when I found out I could already build workbenches without having seen any message. I didn't check at the time and never were on the gaming PC when it occured to me I should check that. 

I finally did check on saturday and found out it wasn't really instant. Though to me as a player it was this time 😉

whoopsies!

I wonder when you guys will add the new barbed wire model as a craftable item? It's already in the game and can even be picked from the sandbox menu. Instead, you guys chose to change that ugly piece of wood to a less ugly model. I hope you guys change this model or at least add it as a stronger version?

12 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Yep, Bob and Joel sound "weird", but Hugh is ok.

Oh and just curious: Are there any plans for separate sledgehammer perk books?

That's funny.

I think Bob sounds fine and Joel sounds a bit weird, but hey, we were all used to the old voices. Not a big deal, just a funny ol thing.

On 7/9/2024 at 1:15 AM, Doge said:

I wonder when you guys will add the new barbed wire model as a craftable item? It's already in the game and can even be picked from the sandbox menu. Instead, you guys chose to change that ugly piece of wood to a less ugly model. I hope you guys change this model or at least add it as a stronger version?

If you are referring to the barbed wire spindle, I think the answer is probably never.  That block was designed for decorating POIs not for players to use for building horde bases.  If it was craftable people would just line the walls and/or floors of kill corridors with it to slow zombies as was done when the flat barbwire was craftable. TFP's past decisions to remove the conical log spikes and the flat barbwire from the crafting menu would suggest they don't want to encourage that type of game play.  Of course it's always available in the creative menu if you want to use it for deco purposes or otherwise. Or you could probably make it craftable yourself with a little modlet.

Edited by Kosmic Kerman (see edit history)

On 7/11/2024 at 1:11 PM, Kosmic Kerman said:

If you are referring to the barbed wire spindle, I think the answer is probably never.  That block was designed for decorating POIs not for players to use for building horde bases.  If it was craftable people would just line the walls and/or floors of kill corridors with it to slow zombies as was done when the flat barbwire was craftable. TFP's past decisions to remove the conical log spikes and the flat barbwire from the crafting menu would suggest they don't want to encourage that type of game play.  Of course it's always available in the creative menu if you want to use it for deco purposes or otherwise. Or you could probably make it craftable yourself with a little modlet.

It doesn't make sense, just replace the ugly barbed wire with this or make a new model based on what's already in the game. People already use spike traps to damage and slow down zombies, so I don't see a problem with that. I'm asking for a visual improvement, not something that will impact gameplay.  I think you missunderstod my point