Eggs

myrkana

23 minutes ago, myrkana said:

Since nests now break when looted, how do we continue to get eggs into the late game? You cant count on them from boxes and therye used in some of the better foods.

There are a ton of nests out there.  Eggs aren't really a problem unless you never travel far from your base.  Many nests also respawn at POI when you reset them for quests.  I have never had problems getting enough eggs.  And there are plenty of better foods that don't require eggs.

1 hour ago, myrkana said:

Since nests now break when looted, how do we continue to get eggs into the late game? You cant count on them from boxes and therye used in some of the better foods.

If you're using the feature that reloads the chunk if you've been gone for a while then the nests will refresh.

1 hour ago, zztong said:

If you're using the feature that reloads the chunk if you've been gone for a while then the nests will refresh.

I'd rather them do what many overhauls do, they add them as drops when you butcher chickens, or have a workstation that lets you trade say, corn, for eggs/feathers over time at a chicken coop. I also do not trust that feature to not reset my base chunk if I am away from it for a while, yes I have a land claim down but I don't trust the coding for it.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

I don't recall eggs being required in foods above pies / bacon and eggs.  Am I forgetting something?

By mid game, you could be utilizing some of your canned foods for higher tier foods (looking at you chili dogs and fish tacos) and once you get up to the higher level of the cooking crafting tree, you have use for those cans of beef and lamb.