Lucky looter appears to be more important now

I'm starting lots of different games to try out different starting strategies. I just spent the night harvesting stumps for honey. I didn't have any honey and I started with 43 wood. I quit when I had almost 500, all from stumps and I didn't get any honey. That's a lot of stumps, I should have got some.

So as soon as I dinged, I put a point in lucky looter and looted two honey from random stuff at the first POI that Rekt sent me to.

4 minutes ago, meganoth said:

... more than a dozen trash piles and one POI on my first day and found 2 honey, without any point in Lucky Looter.

Those don't count for the harvesting quest though.  They should, but they don't.

Personally, I had to break close to 100 stumps before I got my 5 honey.  Stumps on POIs apparently don't count either.

1 hour ago, Fisher said:

Those don't count for the harvesting quest though.  They should, but they don't.

Personally, I had to break close to 100 stumps before I got my 5 honey.  Stumps on POIs apparently don't count either.

Were you infected? I only break stumps when i am infected, or if they are going to respawn with a poi quest maker. I get a honey every 3 stumps, but i am also infected almost all the time. 

Not sure if it is in the code, or if rnJeasus is on my side. 

I tried this again just to check out in a new game and there's no help there with honey and stumps. I think one point lucky looter is still a good idea but later on after you're established.

13 hours ago, ElCabong said:

I'm starting lots of different games to try out different starting strategies. I just spent the night harvesting stumps for honey. I didn't have any honey and I started with 43 wood. I quit when I had almost 500, all from stumps and I didn't get any honey. That's a lot of stumps, I should have got some.

So as soon as I dinged, I put a point in lucky looter and looted two honey from random stuff at the first POI that Rekt sent me to.

Confirmation and Recency bias.   I am sure with a wider sample size and more experience in the version it will even out. 

Edited by 8_Hussars (see edit history)