Baseball Field POI Ideas

Posted (edited)

So a few folks were talking about a baseball field POI idea in the Dev diary recently.  Feel free to share your ideas and/or creations in here.  I look forward to see what you guys can make. 

When I mentioned the need for a diagonal fence, I was thinking of the following concept. 😎  

20210106_112557.jpg

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

So a few folks were talking about a baseball field POI idea in the Dev diary recently.  Feel free to share your ideas and/or creations in here.  I look forward to see what you guys can make. 

When I mentioned the need for a diagonal fence, I was thinking of the following concept. 😎  

20210106_112557.jpg

Maybe first think about the quality of the quests rather than the number of POIs?

Yeah and I wouldn't say an empty lawn would be useful in the world since. it's just a field. You could put a changing room next to it (Female/Male). With the women's one, a bunch of screamers would come out and bring a large number of zombie soccer players onto the field

1 minute ago, Unamelable said:

Maybe first think about the quality of the quests rather than the number of POIs?

No need to troll.  First of all, this is an open thread for people to put their own creations.  It has nothing to do with TFP putting any time into it.  Second, Laz Man is a POI designer.  Even if he made such a POI, that is his job.  He doesn't have anything to do with quests beyond offering suggestions or maybe doing some bug testing.

59 minutes ago, Unamelable said:

Yeah and I wouldn't say an empty lawn would be useful in the world since. it's just a field. You could put a changing room next to it (Female/Male). With the women's one, a bunch of screamers would come out and bring a large number of zombie soccer players onto the field

Not all POIs need to be quest related.  However, if it were to be quest related, having buildings to hide zombies in them is definitely one option.  Thanks.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

20210106_112557.jpg

Could do a diagonal wood fence for the lowest block level (and by extension the rest of the ground level fence would be wood). I think that's possible as there are at least some diagonal wood panels?

I do kind of agree diagonal chain link fence blocks would be most optimal. Surely they'd have many uses if added?

If not, the single-level wood fence plus some tall lights might do. A field less safe, maybe, but older. Probably would limit it to more rural towns though, as you'd expect a diamond in any decent-size city to be proper chain link.

EDIT: As suggested in the other thread you could just do a squared-off fence behind home plate. Maybe still some wood fence, but only for the outfield.

Oh and if you do include any little dugout inserts, that's a fun place to hide a couple sleepers.

Edited by FramFramson (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Unamelable said:

lol, not every "POI" has to be questable mate, many POIs simply add flavour and variety to the world.

9 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Not all POIs need to be quest related.  However, if it were to be quest related, having buildings to hide zombies in them is definitely one option.  Thanks.

I could see some zombies hiding under bleachers too 😄

It would be cool if there was some kind of easter egg to activate the home run derby twitch event here

9 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

I could see some zombies hiding under bleachers too 😄

.........and they only show up when you cross first base line :).

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I want one so I can build on it. I like building in the parks

Flat land, looks nice, and most are in the middle of town 

I KNOW FOR A FACT LAZ I'm going to build a discount diamond city 

I built a base out among the runways on the airport mod by AH64_Jimbo.  That was a great spot.  :D 

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

You could have dugouts even for a little league field. Refugees might have filled an open space, such as a baseball field, with tents. It might be the site of mobile medical unit. You could probably land (or crash) a helicopter on a little league field or bigger. A snack bar might hold a few. Maybe there's a food truck. Too bad we can't hide a couple of zombies inside a van.