TO THE FUN PIMPS (PLEASE READ)

Hello and good evening. I am Nicholas. I am a long-time player and fan of the game. I LOVE the direction this game has taken. As an old man of a player it can be easy to say "new is bad", but Ive taken an honest look and I love the fact this game is getting the direction, style, and quality its title deserves. 

The ONLY thing I would petition is PLEASE I beg of you add split screen to console. A very large part of your console playerbase (who have waited patiently for this glorious day of console release) have enjoyed this with our wives, siblings, and friends. There is nothing quite like sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with a loved one enjoying this game on a weekend. I understand you all have been very busy and receive a lot of obnoxious criticism and comments. I only ask this because I think it would be so important to focus on adding. This game was built on friendship and having a great time with family. It really was never meant to be played single player (in my humble opinion). 

If there is any way a GoFundMe or DLC option can be offered, I and MANY others would gladly pay it for split-screen on console. Name your price. Either way, I respect your decision. I am just very passionate about split screen and excited about the new console version.

As it stands currently, you would need for the consoles to offer about twice the RAM they currently have, include separate dedicated VRAM for the GPU, and provide much beefier CPU's. 

Would also need to be added to the PC version, in which case most systems don't support this, and the minimum spec for the game would have to be changed, thus alienating a large portion of the current player base.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think it would be possible, especially for a game like this, 7 days is a beefy game, allbeit the devs do their best to optimize but this game eats everything it can, simply put you'd need a nasa computer to play split screen on current 7dtd, i have 32 gigs of 3800 (tuned) ram and a 5600x and i still barely get 60 fps in cities at low settings, i know im not gpu bound as well. 

17 hours ago, LuvShiramine said:

i don't think it would be possible, especially for a game like this, 7 days is a beefy game, allbeit the devs do their best to optimize but this game eats everything it can, simply put you'd need a nasa computer to play split screen on current 7dtd, i have 32 gigs of 3800 (tuned) ram and a 5600x and i still barely get 60 fps in cities at low settings, i know im not gpu bound as well. 

I think a current PC with enough RAM would probably be enough, at least I would hesitate to make a verdict without an actual trial.

But the consoles do not have enough RAM. And on PC split screen would not be that useful for most players since you can't operate two independant mice on it but most PC players are used to keyboard and mice.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)