Create a Zombie

Stryker848

I had an idea, just like player creator, what if we had a zombie creator? We can use a system similar to player creator and create up to say 10 custom zombies that would spawn on the map. We could change their skin color, size, looks or whatever on pre existing skins or models. Would spice up some stuff on the gameplay. Name the Zombie, battle them on RG or Navs map. 

This would be really cool to make custom boss zombies. I think the new A22 color variations will definitely help, but having a server side custom zombie that is unique to each server would be a cool thing to drive traffic to your server/game

I wonder if the Player Creator might even be that tool. There are probably technical reasons why it wouldn't work, but the game clearly knows how to assemble the player choices and represent them in the world, even with various gear combinations.

A related idea that comes to mind is that when a character dies, couldn't there be a one-time zombie that, well... was that character? Instead of dropping a backpack, the dang thing could keep carrying it around now in zombie form. :)

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

1 hour ago, zztong said:

I wonder if the Player Creator might even be that tool. There are probably technical reasons why it wouldn't work, but the game clearly knows how to assemble the player choices and represent them in the world, even with various gear combinations.

A related idea that comes to mind is that when a character dies, couldn't there be a one-time zombie that, well... was that character? Instead of dropping a backpack, the dang thing could keep carrying it around now in zombie form. :)

That would be fun to see!  Of course, it means finding it as it wanders around in order to get your stuff back.  But if it's an option, just like whether you even leave a backpack, then players can choose if they want that feature so it wouldn't matter.

9 hours ago, zztong said:

That would be super cool to have to kill your corpse to get your stuff back.

Another way that would add gameplay. If in MP when you die, your mic communication goes dead and you can only walk at sneak speed, but upright, you go into auto follow on closest teammate and your other team members have to kill you before you respawn.

21 minutes ago, warmer said:

That would be super cool to have to kill your corpse to get your stuff back.

Another way that would add gameplay. If in MP when you die, your mic communication goes dead and you can only walk at sneak speed, but upright, you go into auto follow on closest teammate and your other team members have to kill you before you respawn.

The only problem with that is if you aren't near your team members.  I wouldn't link it to how soon you can respawn for that reason and because some people can be jerks and just ignore your zombie corpse so you can't respawn for a while.  Of course, I wouldn't ever play again with anyone like that but it just opens up the option for people to act stupid.  I'd rather have it where you just have to kill your corpse to get your stuff back if you have that option enabled, but where you can respawn right away.

40 minutes ago, Riamus said:

The only problem with that is if you aren't near your team members.  I wouldn't link it to how soon you can respawn for that reason and because some people can be jerks and just ignore your zombie corpse so you can't respawn for a while.  Of course, I wouldn't ever play again with anyone like that but it just opens up the option for people to act stupid.  I'd rather have it where you just have to kill your corpse to get your stuff back if you have that option enabled, but where you can respawn right away.

But it would be funny lol to do .

Player that dies... can someone kill my corpse..

Others on server... no 

Player waiting to respawn... oh come on 😆 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

1 hour ago, zztong said:

And if the encounter wiped out everyone, you get group-wide Perma-death. :)

Actually that is a really cool semi / dead is dead type gameplay challenge. I like it :)

I almost always play dead is dead. After 1000+ hours I need that type of a challenge.

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

The only problem with that is if you aren't near your team members.  I wouldn't link it to how soon you can respawn for that reason and because some people can be jerks and just ignore your zombie corpse so you can't respawn for a while.  

Good point. maybe a 5min timer would be appropriate. Something like that.

28 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Or you would have to make your zombie self find a bear lol

Good point, default to first living creature would be consistent with zombie behavior lol