Fps in big cities

Hi 7DTD Community ) 

Has anyone found the best way to optimize this game? In a large city, FPS consistently drops to 30. Moreover, even ultra-low settings don't help. As well as disabling destruction rendering.

I’m already thinking about looking for mods that generate worlds and generating a world without big cities, since doing quests there is absolute hell and torture.

And this is on RTX 4090 + I7 13700kf + 32 gb DDR5.

It’s hard for me to imagine what my friend with a weaker computer has. Who knows what life hacks to achieve normal fps in big cities?

Should I buy a nuclear pc for this game?

Also take a good read here.

I will also mention, that much like my laptop with a 12th-gen Intel CPU, you don't have a full deck of cores. Your i7-13700KF has 16 cores. Of those 16 cores, only half of them are useful. Windows is extremely stupid, and will stick programs on the useless E-cores. Unlike most games that only utilize a single CPU core, 7 Days can use several. If some of its processes get stuck on the pathetic half of your CPU, then you are just at a loss.  If you want your processer to actually perform like a real CPU, disable the E-Cores or manage their use with 3rd-party software like Process Lasso. 

Software isn't designed for the small number of CPU's that are different from all the others. So far I am only aware of a single game that even has an option to force it to run on the performance cores of your chipset, and even then it only works properly on the latest builds of Windows 11. Developers don't code for the "1%" because wasting time on small numbers doesn't make money. Your situation with the fake CPU is only shared by about 3-4% of players on Steam. 

So when you think about performance in games, remember that half of your "high-end" chipset is utter rubbish and about as useful as a Pentium PC in today's gaming world.

First of all, the game is CPU bound, so your CPU is the deciding factor how much FPS you get. While there are vast differences in GPU power on the market, top CPUs are not that far away from the middle class. And playing in 4k (I am assuming you do that currently?) will strain even the best currently available CPUs. But see this post:

Turning down settings should have some effect, if not there is something else wrong. Maybe you are using some graphics optimizing bloatware that does more harm than good.

One thing you can do is simply lowering the resolution, this should increase FPS. Another is waiting for A22 as there should be improvements to city FPS in there. Another is turning off anything else running on your PC, especially graphics tuning utilities.

Lastly you could post a logfile and more information about your PC. How to do that correctly is explained in the pinned thread in this forum section that tells you to read it. Then someone here might find a reason for your low FPS instead of just wildly guessing

Thanks for the answers. I'll read same posts from links.  And sorry for incorrect PC Bug Report. After work I can send Pc Conf. 

And I'm playing in 3440x1440 resol  (I'm gonna buy 2560x1440 27 monitor) wihout 
dynamic mesh and shadows