I wish there were more POIs like Housing Development

Arez

I probably play 60/40 Navezgane to Random map games. For the first time the other day I had a quest in the Housing Development POI and it might be my favorite POI concept now. Instead of it being in a confined space, it's basically wide open. I've been to the area before but never as a quest. 

It would be really cool if there were more POIs like that. Just more or less open areas, with visual things to let you know where the boundaries are of course. 

That's all.

I modified the remnant spawn frequency in the burnt forest and wasteland so there are a lot more broken POI make it seem more like a bombed city vs random poi in the middle of nowhere. We REALLY need a proper urban destroyed biome where every poi is closer to half destroyed buildings.

The wasteland currently feels like a bomb went off, but there are no building left, but somehow trees are still standing. We need the opposite. Less trees many more buildings.

9 hours ago, warmer said:

The wasteland currently feels like a bomb went off, but there are no building left, but somehow trees are still standing. We need the opposite. Less trees many more buildings.

Unless 75 years have passed, the trees regrew, and the buildings eroded or were otherwise reclaimed by nature. Then again, the electricity is still on. Oh, the duality of the 7d2d world.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

12 hours ago, zztong said:

Unless 75 years have passed, the trees regrew, and the buildings eroded or were otherwise reclaimed by nature. Then again, the electricity is still on. Oh, the duality of the 7d2d world.

I can understand what you mean there. I have always assumed it was within a few months max of the event that changed the world. What is the timeline actually? Do we know how long it's supposedly been since the "event" that created this world.

4 hours ago, warmer said:

I can understand what you mean there. I have always assumed it was within a few months max of the event that changed the world. What is the timeline actually? Do we know how long it's supposedly been since the "event" that created this world.

There isn't any official answer to that. It seems a lot of people think it's around 5 years.  Others think less time and others more time, so there's no consensus on it.  Until we get the story, we'll probably never know for sure.

There are two wall calendars in-game. One says 2013, the other says 2034. Since one is obviously the starting date of this project, I just assume that the other is the prospective release date. Prove me wrong?😜

On 3/25/2024 at 6:48 AM, Catdaddy said:

There are two wall calendars in-game. One says 2013, the other says 2034. Since one is obviously the starting date of this project, I just assume that the other is the prospective release date. Prove me wrong?😜

WOW I never noticed that! :) That is a really cool observation, and it can't be accidental to choose that year... It's either 2034 or there after, because they don't make calendars 2 years in the future do they lol

ever since I read this thread I started thinking about how much we need a big group of broken buildings to give you the impression of an apartment building. This is as close as I've gotten for wasteland RWG. Either more broken pieces or more piles of bricks would make it feel more real. This has way less trees, so it feels more desolate. This could feel better as a sub biome, maybe like Wasteland > Blast Radius (sub biome)

Hmmm I could do this to the Iron sub biome that would make sense. A bunch of melted steel buildings :)

Any suggestions?
image.thumb.png.f735e37c83f5e20db04f603502b6d26a.png

On 3/15/2024 at 10:37 PM, Arez said:

I probably play 60/40 Navezgane to Random map games. For the first time the other day I had a quest in the Housing Development POI and it might be my favorite POI concept now. Instead of it being in a confined space, it's basically wide open. I've been to the area before but never as a quest. 

It would be really cool if there were more POIs like that. Just more or less open areas, with visual things to let you know where the boundaries are of course. 

That's all.

Stay tuned for A22.  I think we have a few new POIs like that.

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Stay tuned for A22.  I think we have a few new POIs like that.

Yeah, I heard you guys have more POIs than what has been posted on TwitterX.

It has a vibe. I don't know how to explain it. I wanna say that it feels a little bit like a movie maybe. I also think I had a wandering horde show up during the quest because there were a bunch of zombies jumping over the exterior fence to get in (unless that's part of the quest). It was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the new ones.