Tree Environment mod(A21.2)

Blue mame

Mod Usage Guide and Development Updates

Thank you for choosing and participating in our Tree Environment mod! To ensure a smooth experience with the mod and maintain a good gaming environment, we have created the following usage guide. Please read it carefully and follow the instructions:

1. Mod Installation and Activation:
   - Before using the Tree Environment mod, make sure you have correctly installed and activated the latest version of the game.
   - Follow the provided installation instructions to ensure that the mod is loaded and running correctly.
   - The mod installation directory is located at steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods.

2. Mod Features Introduction:
   - The Tree Environment mod aims to enhance the tree and vegetation effects in the game, providing a more realistic and visually appealing environment.
   - Read the mod's feature introduction to understand the included content and effects.

3. Personal Use Restrictions:
   - The Tree Environment mod is for personal use only. Do not use the mod for commercial purposes or engage in any form of piracy.
   - You are free to use and enjoy the improved effects of the mod in your personal gameplay.

4. Prohibition of Third-Party Distribution:
   - Unauthorized third-party distribution of the Tree Environment mod's content is strictly prohibited.
   - This includes but is not limited to sharing, reposting, modifying, or repackaging the mod files on other websites, forums, or social media platforms.

5. Respect Copyright and Intellectual Property:
   - All ownership and intellectual property rights of the Tree Environment mod belong to the mod's author.
   - Please respect the author's efforts and do not infringe upon their copyright or other intellectual property rights.

6. Feedback and Support:
   - If you encounter any issues or have any suggestions while using the Tree Environment mod, please contact the mod's author promptly.
   - The author will strive to provide support and resolve any issues to improve the quality and stability of the mod.

By adhering to these guidelines, we hope to maintain a friendly and harmonious modding community and provide players with an excellent gaming experience. Thank you for your support and understanding!

Additionally, we would like to provide you with updates regarding the development progress of the mod:

1. Current Mod Status:
   - The Tree Environment mod is currently in its initial stage (version 1.0), featuring a selection of tree and plant resources.
   - Please note that the mod is being developed by a single developer and may take longer to complete.
   - However, rest assured that we are using the latest software for development to ensure seamless compatibility with future game updates.

2. Expansion Plans:
   - As development progresses, we plan to introduce more content, including fruit trees, crops, and more, to further enhance the immersive experience of the mod.
   - Thank you for your patience as we work to implement these features.

3. Community Involvement:
   - We highly value the opinions and suggestions of the modding community.
   - To ensure that we prioritize and create the most interesting and popular tree and plant resources, we will actively consider and incorporate suggestions from the community.
   - We aim to customize the mod based on your preferences, providing a more enjoyable experience.

4. Preview of Version 2.0:
   - Our upcoming 2.0 version will significantly expand the content of the mod.
   - This version will include at least 50 different types of fruit trees and plants.
   - We invite you to provide interesting and inspiring pictures of landscape trees for reference during the development process.

Thank you for your understanding and support of our Tree Environment mod. Please stay tuned for announcements regarding updates and the release of new versions and features.

Mod Development Team

Download Link

Sponsor my development

Contact Discord: bluename6476

preview image

Edited by Hated
updated download link. (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

Looks good.  Are any of the trees biome dependent?  Such as the palm trees being desert?  And are these set up to be in addition to vanilla trees or replacing them entirely?

They exist as a supplement to the vanilla, I have thought about replacing it entirely, but the desert doesn't seem to have many trees present.

This is awesome! Thank you so much for this variety!

some tree/plant pics for inspiration :

Swamp:

Bald Cypress

Cattail

Marshwort

Waterlily

Duckweed (this maybe better a texture?)

Oak with Spanish Moss 

Tree linded Road Oaks with spanish Moss

I guess with OCBs CustomTexture thingy and your mod  we could create a really nice swamp biome! 

8 hours ago, pottervogel said:

This is awesome! Thank you so much for this variety!

some tree/plant pics for inspiration :

Swamp:

Bald Cypress

Cattail

Marshwort

Waterlily

Duckweed (this maybe better a texture?)

Oak with Spanish Moss 

Tree linded Road Oaks with spanish Moss

I guess with OCBs CustomTexture thingy and your mod  we could create a really nice swamp biome! 

I think I can make them, they will come along with the 2.0 release

I like the Mod but have a question. Is anyone having the issue with some plants seeming to large? The Elefantear plant is as big as a character in game. Will there be a config to allieviate it?
Thankful for any replies.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:10 AM, Daijin Heartlight said:

This makes the pine forest and desert so much more immersive!!!!  Thank you for sharing!!!!

Thanks for the likes, this actually didn't have any confidence when I posted it, you guys gave me the confidence. I will be perfecting the environment in the future, which includes all areas and also the landscape plants

6 hours ago, Triple-D said:

I like the Mod but have a question. Is anyone having the issue with some plants seeming to large? The Elefantear plant is as big as a character in game. Will there be a config to allieviate it?
Thankful for any replies.

Can't fix it in the config, they are fixed size asset files, can you tell me which plants are too big and I'll adjust them in the next update

4 hours ago, Blue mame said:

Thanks for the likes, this actually didn't have any confidence when I posted it, you guys gave me the confidence. I will be perfecting the environment in the future, which includes all areas and also the landscape plants

Can't fix it in the config, they are fixed size asset files, can you tell me which plants are too big and I'll adjust them in the next update

Of course. I'll be replying either today or tomorrow. :)

I love the trees, but forest seem less dense?
i fix by changing prob of pine trees. still have your trees but not as common as vanilla and thicker forests:

<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeJuniper4m']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPine12m']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPine19m']/@prob">0.0015</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPine27m']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPine31m']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPineDry21m']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPine41m']/@prob">0.002</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakLrg01']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakMed01']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakMed02']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakSml01']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeFirLrg01']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeMountainPine48m']/@prob">0.001</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeTallGrassDiagonal']/@prob">.1</set>
<set xpath="/worldgeneration//biome[@name='pine_forest']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeShortGrass']/@prob">.1</set>

4 hours ago, SpecialKay said:

I love the trees, but forest seem less dense?
i fix by changing prob of pine trees. still have your trees but not as common as vanilla and thicker forests:

The main thing is not the density of the forest, but for the sake of low performance computers taking into account the smoothness issue, too many trees will lead to unfriendly FPS for low performance computers

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jessy said:

Very good little mod, the trees are well done, too bad that the quality of vanilla textures lose their sharpness after this addition.

I don't really get it because I can't post 4K textures for reasons based on game asset optimisation. All the overhaul modules I've made myself can only use 1080 textures, the ones posted here are 2K textures

On 2/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, Jessy said:

Here is the result after two new generations,

This module supports version A21.2B37, what version are you using? Also the generation is random, you can't have two similar plants in the same location on the same map, it's official!

A21.2B37

No, nothing to do with the plants in pictures is unintentional.
I wanted to show you the sharpness of the trees and herbs with and without your mod, the details are missing it’s blurred

the mod decreases the quality of the graphics

with the mod

2024_02_28_16_02_24_7_Days_To_Die.thumb.jpg.a07f27f7d349aa2509bdd7e23d7b406a.jpg

without the mod

2024_02_28_16_07_45_7_Days_To_Die.thumb.jpg.02b9c0f68ba794fa04f4b6cf770a9d0c.jpg

On 2/28/2024 at 11:11 PM, Jessy said:

A21.2B37

I wanted to show you the sharpness of the trees and herbs with and without your mod, the details are missing it’s blurred

with the mod

Does this problem exist? Doesn't seem to be much of a concern, I'll be testing to see if such a problem actually exists in the near future. It doesn't seem logical that it should cause such a problem

A21.2B37

with the mod

This video compares the before and after image quality and they have not changed. As you said, this module did not cause any degradation in image quality. Let me give you some tips:

1. First, check that the Dynamic Picture Quality Adjustment feature is turned on. This feature automatically adjusts the image quality according to the content and device performance to provide the best viewing experience. 

2. Next, consider whether any other modules are affecting the picture quality. Sometimes, other modules installed can affect picture quality. Ensure that no other modules are interfering with the picture quality settings, or try disabling other modules to determine if there is a conflict.

A21.2B37

In general, the module is independent and does not force any modifications to the original asset materials. Because it is standalone, all changes only occur within the ecosystem distribution. This means that it does not have any functionality that would lead to a decrease in image quality. We understand your concerns and would be happy to assist you further. If you have any other questions or need additional help, please let us know. We appreciate your feedback!

Just a thought: maybe it's possible the graphics quality is being automatically lowered by the game because additional assets are being loaded. Like the mod loads and memory usage hits some threshold and the game downgrades graphics quality? If this was the case, i would assume it would be only depend on the available memory (possibly graphics card memory?) capacity of the machine running the mod, not "everyone" (meaning it would only affect someone running the game with less memory available when the game starts up). I know there are "graphics sliders" in the game options and some get auto set (to lower amounts) based on the system available cpu and memory.... but not sure if loading mods (any mods with new assets) causes it to auto adjust downward in quality.

35 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Just a thought: maybe it's possible the graphics quality is being automatically lowered by the game because additional assets are being loaded. Like the mod loads and memory usage hits some threshold and the game downgrades graphics quality? If this was the case, i would assume it would be only depend on the available memory (possibly graphics card memory?) capacity of the machine running the mod, not "everyone" (meaning it would only affect someone running the game with less memory available when the game starts up). I know there are "graphics sliders" in the game options and some get auto set (to lower amounts) based on the system available cpu and memory.... but not sure if loading mods (any mods with new assets) causes it to auto adjust downward in quality.

I understand that if that's the case, you may not be able to resolve it and will have to wait for TFP to fix it. They are working hard to address asset management issues and hopefully make further breakthroughs. This will allow our module to smoothly run even with over 100GB of assets. We appreciate their efforts in enhancing the functionality.  lol

I try all the settings possible, but it does not change, the problem still remains.
I think it must be a conflict with another mod.
When I start creating a new game with new mod, your mod will be the first that I would place to enjoy it.
Thank you for your help anyway.

Jessy.

Edited by Jessy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...