Horde Night - Increasing Frequency

Thundy

Hi there,

As always, apologies if this has been asked I did a quick search but couldn't find it.

To the question :

I'm looking to start a new multiplayer and what I want to do is increase the frequency of the blood moon but in increments. 

To explain, the first blood moon I want is on the 7th day as normal, but then we only get 6 days, so it would be on the 13th day.

Then, we get 5 days to prepare, so the next blood moon is on the 18th day.

Then, 4 days later, the 22nd day, and so on.

Finally, from the 28th day, blood moons will appear every day.

I think I'll need to update the server config and then reboot the server but I'm not sure of the best way to do this as I aren't sure how the game knows when the next horde night is. For example, is it the last horde + 6 if i set horde frequency to 6 days or does it work it out from day 1 + horde frequency?

Does anyone have any advice? 

Ta

I've got an example of what I mean if it helps.

7dayshorde.jpg

36 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

You can change the frequency after the last blood moon horde and it should count it correctly.   So after the first one on Day 7, change the frequency to 6

Cool thanks - I wasn't sure if it would be be 7+6 or if it would work it out from day 1 - ie +6+6 = 12

45 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

You can change the frequency after the last blood moon horde and it should count it correctly.   So after the first one on Day 7, change the frequency to 6

If I recall correctly, the horde day is scheduled at the end of the horde. If you change it at that point, the change will not take effect until after the next scheduled horde. So you would need to start the game with the value of 7. Then before the first night change it to 6. Then again before the night of the 13th change it to 5. And so on.

9 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

If I recall correctly, the horde day is scheduled at the end of the horde. If you change it at that point, the change will not take effect until after the next scheduled horde. So you would need to start the game with the value of 7. Then before the first night change it to 6. Then again before the night of the 13th change it to 5. And so on.

Does it matter how you set it up?  I just started a SP game to try it out and I had it initially set at 7 days.  BM horde was on 7th day (I just sped up the time factor, didn't advance days), then I shutdown at 5 am, changed frequency to 1 day, and restarted.  Next BM was that day.  However, I do note that this method is not the same if the server is always up.

If you don't shutdown (i.e. a dedicated 24/7 server), is the trigger to calculate the next blood moon tied specifically to actual blood moon event?  If that is the case, I can see where my method wouldn't work in every situation.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

BM horde was on 7th day (I just sped up the time factor, didn't advance days), then I shutdown at 5 am, changed frequency to 1 day, and restarted.  Next BM was that day.

From this and the "red clock" BM warning being at 0800, I'd guess the check happens at 0800.. "Is it blood moon tonight? No idea, we don't even know when the next BM is, let's figure that out first!"