If you hold the wire tool, you can also see the electrical state of the stranger.

HyoRaeng_KR

I run a PVP server in South Korea.

Then, we accidentally find and report a bug that will cause problems in our operation, and we are looking for a solution.

The bug is what the title says, which is very useful and fatal for finding your opponent on the PVP server.

I've also looked into the relevant modification mode, but I haven't found any mention or workaround for it.
Please tell me how to remove the view of the electrical equipment installed by strangers.

spacer.png

Edited by HyoRaeng_KR (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 11:32 AM, SylenThunder said:

If you want to report a bug, there is a big red banner at the top of the forum.

Honestly though, this game isn't designed to support PvP gameplay. IMHO it shouldn't have ever been enabled as this is a co-op focused game. Devs catered to the loud few though.

The loud few?  The whole reason I bought this game at alpha 15 in the first place was because it had 2 things:

1: Larger multiplayer servers

2: PvP servers (although I often play on larger PvE servers with my wife)

I will never play a solo playthrough or be part of a server that only supports 8.  It bores me and it isn't how I like to play the game.

That being said I think it's fair to be disappointed with the rug pulled out from under me.  Yeah, it's early access blah blah, no promises, blah blah.  It's just  sad to see something with so much potential in these areas ignored.  It really wouldn't take much to optimize this game a little bit to make the larger servers more viable.  It's 2024 for crying out loud, a 2 man dev team could probably whip it up in a few days.  People would flock back to multiplayer, especially PvE if it was fixed and advertised.

Edited by RyanX (see edit history)

On 12/31/2023 at 5:32 PM, SylenThunder said:

If you want to report a bug, there is a big red banner at the top of the forum.

Honestly though, this game isn't designed to support PvP gameplay. IMHO it shouldn't have ever been enabled as this is a co-op focused game. Devs catered to the loud few though.

And if they do enable it, they should take at least take care of something like that wich obviously is a big problem in PvP? If they won´t even fix something like that, why even bother at all if it is only a few? Wich i doubt btw. The few times i look at servers there is always some populated PvP servers and if you look around on various FB groups there is quite a few server owners advertising their PvP servers.

Saying it isn´t designed for PvP is an argument to not have it. It´s not an argument to not fix problems if they deceide to have it in the game if they are problematic like this one.

And i don´t even play PvP.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

On 1/15/2024 at 7:33 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

And if they do enable it, they should take at least take care of something like that wich obviously is a big problem in PvP? If they won´t even fix something like that, why even bother at all if it is only a few? Wich i doubt btw. The few times i look at servers there is always some populated PvP servers and if you look around on various FB groups there is quite a few server owners advertising their PvP servers.

Saying it isn´t designed for PvP is an argument to not have it. It´s not an argument to not fix problems if they deceide to have it in the game if they are problematic like this one.

And i don´t even play PvP.

At MINIMUM The Fun Pimps should allow modders to be able to fix PvP.  The problem is that the game is so broken for multiplayer (meaning more than 8 players per server) that modding is impossible.  The ability to cheat on this game is beyond easy, and it's a major issue in the multiplayer community.

I say take out the toggle to kill other players entirely.  Make it not even an option.

OR make it PvP moddable.  This isn't realistic, though because of so many back end problems.  Many people try, and fail, because cheaters ruin the servers time and time again.

@RyanX Yeah well, the offical supported number of players is 8. Always was and always will be. PvP is only there due to popular demand. Playing with more than 8 you are on your own. They did already go out of their way and worked on the netcode for MP for bigger servers. I wouldn´t expect any more than that besides bugfixes. That´s more than most other devs would do. Usually the answer to such problems is simply "Game doesn´t support more than 8 players, deal with it"

I mean you don´t buy a car for 5 persons max and then complain that 10 people have a rough time in that car.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

On 1/16/2024 at 10:11 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

@RyanX Yeah well, the offical supported number of players is 8. Always was and always will be. PvP is only there due to popular demand. Playing with more than 8 you are on your own. They did already go out of their way and worked on the netcode for MP for bigger servers. I wouldn´t expect any more than that besides bugfixes. That´s more than most other devs would do. Usually the answer to such problems is simply "Game doesn´t support more than 8 players, deal with it"

I mean you don´t buy a car for 5 persons max and then complain that 10 people have a rough time in that car.

I'm currently playing on a MP server that lists up to 30 players I believe, but right now it doesn't get over 8 and performance is terrible.  The lag is horrendous at below their specified "8 player limit".  This game doesn't support 8 either.

39 minutes ago, RyanX said:

I'm currently playing on a MP server that lists up to 30 players I believe, but right now it doesn't get over 8 and performance is terrible.  The lag is horrendous at below their specified "8 player limit".  This game doesn't support 8 either.

I am guessing they don´t restart the server at least once a day and if you have an overhaul mod or many smaller mods even two or three times per day.

We played several playtroughs with 6-7 people with no problems.

38 minutes ago, RyanX said:

I think that depends on many factors.  I've played 7 and had no lag whatsoever.  And that was hosted on the computer of a person playing rather than a dedicated server.

Many things affect performance and lag.  For example, server that doesn't reset chunks regularly and has a map that has been played by many people over months is going to suffer because of changes to the world, like holes.  It can also be as simple as a poorly configured server.

Yes, the game isn't optimized for over 8 players, and isn't fully optimized for even 1-8 as most optimization occurs leading up to gold.  But it can certainly be played without lag within the 8 player official limit.  It just depends on the various factors related to servers.

Here's a bug report for this one. We're discussing potential solutions for this; due to how "ownership" works with electricity, it's a little tricky. One thing that could make this easy is to tie the cones to land claim bounds, which would also allow allies to view them. How does that sound?

On 1/17/2024 at 9:04 PM, Jugginator said:

Here's a bug report for this one. We're discussing potential solutions for this; due to how "ownership" works with electricity, it's a little tricky. One thing that could make this easy is to tie the cones to land claim bounds, which would also allow allies to view them. How does that sound?

As long as a non-ally could not just simply stand on your claim and view them with the tool, it sounds reasonable.